FlightEase works - almost!

Tennessee Titan

Just wondering what folks experience has been with the pricing on Flex Fares. Is the fare you originally booked the fare price that you will generally pay.....or are their constant price changes? We do note that HAL specifically does make it clear that pricing can change up until you actually pay and are ticketed. Princess has a similar policy (where they do not guarantee pricing until payment and ticketing), but in our experience the price you originally book is usually what you will get at ticketing time.

Hank

I've always done the Flex Fare (3 times now) and the price at the time I book it is what I end up paying.

Just wondering what folks experience has been with the pricing on Flex Fares. Is the fare you originally booked the fare price that you will generally pay.....or are their constant price changes? We do note that HAL specifically does make it clear that pricing can change up until you actually pay and are ticketed. Princess has a similar policy (where they do not guarantee pricing until payment and ticketing), but in our experience the price you originally book is usually what you will get at ticketing time.

Hank

I was concerned about this when we booked using Flex Fares so I called HAL a few weeks later and offered to pay in full to lock in air price. The HAL agent told me I could do that, but in his experience over the last 5 years he has not ever seen the price increase before final payment and it would be highly unlikey that mine would. I held off and the price never changed and it was in a 5 month period before final payment. So, it's doubtful that these prices will change.

Sadly found out today HAL will most likely be chartering a plane for Tahiti, so no deviations, no one ways so it makes it impossible to stay longer. I am frustrated as the regular fares are three and four times as much. And HAL has taken so long, it will be near impossible to get frequent flyer travel. I wish they had advertised this upfront!

A quick update. On December 15, I had my TA reserve a flight on HAL from BOS-AMS on Delta. The flight was 978pp. On December 18, the reservation was cancelled somehow either by the TA or myself. HAL cannot tell. They only can tell that someone went into the reservations system and cancelled it. I remember being on the HAL website that day but do not remember or intend to cancel the reservation. HAL said that it is also possible that someone at the TA cancelled it by mistake but I think I screwed the reservation up somehow. The reservation has been re-booked but now we will have to pay 1121pp. Some things I learned: 1) No one is notified if anyone cancels a flight reservation with HAL. 2) Do not go to the Flight Ease website once the reservation has been made. It is easy to cancel it without intending to do so (which I may have done). 3) The TA cannot see if the reservation really exists. They have to call HAL to find out.

Hope this helps someone else.

I was concerned about this when we booked using Flex Fares so I called HAL a few weeks later and offered to pay in full to lock in air price. The HAL agent told me I could do that, but in his experience over the last 5 years he has not ever seen the price increase before final payment and it would be highly unlikey that mine would. I held off and the price never changed and it was in a 5 month period before final payment. So, it's doubtful that these prices will change.

Thanks for you (and some others) for posting this info. We are going to want one-way Business Class from the US to Brisbane....and will hope that Flightease has some decent fares..

Hank

this was my same experience the one time I used Flex fare with HAL. I was told the base fare would not change, the only increase would be possibly taxes/fuel surcharge, etc

Mine did not change, I held onto the booking, all the while checking pricing myself with various airlines. Never could beat the HAL price, which I paid at final payment time. The difference was not great, but every dollar helps!

Just checked it for the next cruise in December. A number of issues; said to book premium seats call the airline, early flights not offered, price not bad, but not outstanding. So, I went the mileage route......

For my cruise in August, I told my PCC which flights I wanted. I had checked on the airlines website. One of mine is a very early flight (5:50 am). She was able to book the flights for me for less than I could find. Part of my problem is that we are flying out of a small local airport due to my sister's work schedule.

To book the Economy as it Should Be, I do have to wait until I can get in the reservation and do that through the airline's website. But, I can pick seats just fine.

If you have this booking through a travel agent, I'm not sure you can see flights on HAL. The bookings I don't have through a travel agency (yet), are the ones I can see flights on. Maybe this is the problem.

I may be wrong with this answer. I went to HAL's site and saw my flights on a booking we have with a travel agent.

• 1 year later...
16 hours ago, atlanta_gaga said:

I sooo wish I knew who the big box store is??? Anyone able to private message me with the info--or more clues?

Nope.  That is also against the rules.  If you think about it, I am sure you can come up with their identity.  Maybe Google can help.

16 hours ago, atlanta_gaga said:

I sooo wish I knew who the big box store is??? Anyone able to private message me with the info--or more clues?

• Haha 1