laundry in cabin

rahrah50

I realize there is not a clothes line in the shower on Silhouette, but is there anywhere to use my travel clothes line. I like to wash a few things myself.

Thanks

Cabin walls are metal (steel) under the "wallpaper"

You can buy magnetic hooks/clips and stick them to the wall and then attach a clothes line

The bigger the magnet part the more you can hang on the line .. we test carrying capacity in our kitchen between refrigerator and dishwasher (use a thin sheet of paper between magnet & metal as magnets can be very powerful and may mark the metal when trying to remove)

Cabin walls are metal (steel) under the "wallpaper"

You can buy magnetic hooks/clips and stick them to the wall and then attach a clothes line

The bigger the magnet part the more you can hang on the line .. we test carrying capacity in our kitchen between refrigerator and dishwasher (use a thin sheet of paper between magnet & metal as magnets can be very powerful and may mark the metal when trying to remove)

But you would not want to hang dripping wet clothes in the room. The carpet would start to smell after a couple of days. The shower is the best option. Suction cups and line or a plastic hanger that you can hang on the soap rack.

But you would not want to hang dripping wet clothes in the room. The carpet would start to smell after a couple of days. The shower is the best option. Suction cups and line or a plastic hanger that you can hang on the soap rack.

Some walls of the bathroom are usually metal .. dripping wet items don't really dry very quickly especially in the shower/bathroom .. to stop dripping squeeze excess water out by hand, roll item in a towel and then apply pressure (sit/stand/walk) on it. :)

M-Class showers and tubs have a retractable clothesline. The much touted "experts on what ladies want" decided to eliminate the clothesline from the bathrooms, when the S-class ships were designed. :rolleyes:

I imagine it was the "we can make more $$$ if we make it hard for them to wash their own" experts, lol. Lots of things ladies wear don't do well in the ship's laundry. I'm thinking there weren't any ladies on that committee of experts.

Some walls of the bathroom are usually metal .. dripping wet items don't really dry very quickly especially in the shower/bathroom .. to stop dripping squeeze excess water out by hand, roll item in a towel and then apply pressure (sit/stand/walk) on it. :)

I bought some of the quick dry shirts. Wash them out at night hang them in the shower by morning they are dry also underwear.

You are a better woman than me! I hate laundry at the best of times and on vacation I certainly would not want to be washing and hanging my own stuff.

I know the laundry isn't exactly cheap, but it's not expensive either and to ensure I can truly be a sloth over the entire vacation I am happy to fork out for someone else to take care of laundry :)

My darling has a hanger thingy that hooks over the door and toy can then hang about 6 clothes hangers on, t folds up to about the size of a clothes hanger, we've never taken it on a cruise but if we do one of the long ones we're looking at [75-100 nights] we might do so

I am on holidays so avoid washing clothes, so the ship's laundry it is, or the go home dirty. What my wife does wash, I dry with a towel (stand on it to squeeze out excess water) and it gets hung in the bathroom and then closet.:D

SHE won't let me stand on clothes, reckons with my weight I'll crush them and ruin the buttons:mad::D:eek:

I know the laundry isn't exactly cheap, but it's not expensive either and to ensure I can truly be a sloth over the entire vacation I am happy to fork out for someone else to take care of laundry :)

Actually, one of the few things we dislike about Celebrity is their $45 a bag charge for laundry. Other cruise lines do this for $25. I know it's petty, but it annoys the heck out of us to feel like we are being ripped off.

We don't check luggage (carry on only), so for a cruise longer than 7 days or so, we need to do laundry. On our last Celebrity cruise in December 2014, we did a lot of laundry in the sink during those 16 days!

I've never added up all the days I have sailed on celebrity, but we do lots of TAs and longer Med cruises, and I guarantee we have never washed one thing by hand. In the scheme of things, cost of cruise plus flights, hotels, etc., a few extra bucks, the equivalent of a few cocktails, to send out our laundry is just peanuts. It's vacation and the last thing I want is my cabin decorated with my underwear! The most we have ever done is to rinse out our swimsuits and hang them in the shower to dry, just to preserve the color and get the chlorine out. It's called vacation for a reason!!!

This April my husband and I will be taking our first cruise together. I've done 2 and him 1. He will probably have a fit when he sees how I hand wash my lightweight clothes. I buy a small bucket (use in shower; better than the sink), bring those single use laundry detergents packets and hang on little clothespin hooks. I do send out laundry, but some stuff will get ruined in the dryer. He can send out his stuff with no problems. It doesn't take me long and I don't have to over pack. I'm sure most would disapprove, but I met one woman on my last cruise who did the same thing and was as nutty as I am :eek:

We like balcony cabins, so I take a bunch of binder clips that I got at the dollar store (a whole bag for a buck), and clip all the hand laundry to the balcony furniture overnight. The ship goes faster at night and that breeze has everything dry by morning. Even men's cotton undies dry overnight.

I'll even wash out my lightweight knit capris and fold them over the back of the chair with a clip on them. They come out dry by morning.

Plus, no one sees your laundry! :D

Not sure if I'd want to pack a bucket in my luggage. I do wash out small and/or delicate items that I wouldn't want to trust to the ship's laundry. If the weather is warm, I clothespin the item to a hanger and hang it on our balcony on the bar behind the top of the chair. Since it's behind the chair, it can't be seen by others on the ship.