QSine? Newbie Questions.

watchdiva

DH and I are going on our first Celebrity cruise and are curious about QSine...can anyone share their experience? Is it worthwhile for just 2? Thanks!!

We didn't enjoy with just the two of us but others have. Have you joined your roll call for your cruise? If you have why not try to get a group together for Qsine...We've done that twice now and we had a blast both times... So much more fun with a group. None of us knew each other before the dinner but we all had fun..... worth a try anyway.:)

It was 5 years ago and did not like it. We were given a Ipad menu and we had no experience with this device. Asked for a printed menu and waiter said none were available. He gave us some instructions but felt lost. :(

Can you do it with two people? Most definitely however as other have all ready mention it is a better experience with more people. Qsine is basically a tapas restaurant, so with more people you can get multiple items from the menu and try more. My partner and I have gone to Qsine and had any enjoyable time.

What ship are you on?

Edited by JLightning11

We have been 4 times, 3 for just the two of us and once with a large group at 2 tables. Did not like the group at all because we were at a long table for 10 and there was no interaction between the people at the extreme ends, obviously. I think we would have liked it had we been at a round table. As for eating there with just the two of us, we really like it but then we are adventurous eaters. Don't get me wrong, the food is not that crazy. We love the ceviche, lava crab, painters filet (steak with a variety of sauces), the potatoes done several ways, silver bullet for dessert (variety of ice cream frozen in a silver container). Do try it and make up your own minds. if you could get a group of 6 at a round table, I would say do that. Also, see if you can get a discount. Sometimes you can if they are not busy.

Our group of 6 went and while it was interesting and some of the food was good, it was not our favourite restaurant on the ship. It was just endless appetizers and we were not really that impressed. We prefer a meal rather than the tapas style. On a positive note, we really liked Lawn Club Grill. That was fun for a group and would probably be fun for just two as well.

We liked Qsine a lot.

Its like Tapas with lots of different foods. Apparently we are OK dining just as a couple together, but we did have our-then 17 year old DD with us once and she liked it too.

I guess if you can't work an iPad that is a bit of a problem.

My wife and I have eaten three times at Qsine, on three different ships, twice with a group (of 8) and last time by ourselves. We've decided we are over the schtick, and have no need to eat there again.

I know many folks say it's better in a group because you can order more dishes, but because the food is basically tiny servings, when we were in the groups we really didn't get to sample that much more food.

To the OP, I would say try it and see if you like it. Some of the food is actually quite good, we're just tired of the gimmick. But I would not try it to the exclusion of the other (and better) specialty restaurants on board (whatever ship you may be on).

Enjoy your cruise!

We went with another couple and overall enjoyed it. It was a whimsical experience while the items we ordered ranged from excellent to not our thing. We liked it enough that we're going to try it again.

My only suggestion is to maybe do a bit of research on the various dishes so you can be a bit more targeted in what you order. I'm not sure if they changed it but I didn't love ordering off the ipad (even though I love technology). Didn't love the interface and felt the dishes could have been described better.

We did it as a couple, and our server was able to decrease the amount of his portions that came out with each serving. That way, we were able to try more items, without being full by the second or third serving. I still think about that chocolate dessert that I had at the end!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have been to Qzine twice. First time with group of 7 from our Roll Call it was fun but we each picked one item to share & had way too much food.

Second time it was just 2 of us and we may have a had bad waiter but he said they couldn't reduce portions so we should just pick 2 items. We decided not to eat there.

We have been to Q-sine 5 times, 4 times as a couple and once as a foursome. We ordered a different combination each time. We wouldn't call it a tapas restaurant. Tapas are completely different. We call it an eclectic menu. We love Q-sine, it is a memorable experience. So much fun, even with two. The IPAD menu is easy to use. You must try it at least once and then you decide. If you don't like something you ordered or it is too much, they will take it back and you can order something else. We give Q-sine two thumbs up.

Edited by El Crucero

It is a wonderful experience -- very different. The waiter should help you with ordering. The first time we dinned a Qsine, we ordered way too much food. Plan to spend a leisurely amount of time to enjoy the experience!

I give it an A for presentation, atmosphere and service and a C for the menu. The best thing was the painters filet. The meatballs were like lead and the other choices were nothing more than Apple Bee's quality appetizers. The wait staff was very attentive and the sommelier kept our glasses full. It's not worth more than $25 per person. At the price of $45 a person I would rather go to one of the other restaurants.

Edited by Iamcruzin

We were 4 and we enjoyed it. However the more the merrier and I would not do it with 2. Try to organize a group on your roll call or maybe you can meet some people on the ship who want to do it w you. That is what we did.

BTW we did not have any problems with the IPAD ordering. It was easy and we are Android and not Apple folks.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

We're going to be on Reflection and will eat most meals in Luminae but from what I've just read here it sounds as though Moderno or Lawn Club would be more to our liking. We're pretty much meat and potatoes folks! Thanks to all who took the time to respond...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We've been twice with a group and once ourselves. It's small plates, from pretty much every ethnicity you can imagine. There are Asian, American, Mexican, Italian, Mediterranean - beef, seafood, vegetarian, chicken -- it's a big mix.

The kitchen has "set" portions but you can have the waiter give you half size portions. For the spring rolls plate - just have them bring you one. Or even just one to share. I agree, the filet mignon (it's a mini mini filet) painter's palette is great. Lava crab is good, and I love the tombstone dessert. Well I also like the surprise dessert which is a vanilla bread pudding (or at least it used to be).

I also agree, once you've done it a time or two, it's enough. Pace yourselves when you go, and allow plenty of time for the meal.

They'll bring you as much as you want. When we went with a group of 10 from our Roll Call we had about two or 3 of everything on the menu. We passed it around and had a bite or two of everything and that was the most fun. A couple of times we had them bring more of something if we really really loved it (lava crab).