Coffee

I have become more of a coffee snob since our last cruise 6 years ago [emoji38] I read that you can purchase a coffee cup on board, and then purchase refills, but I cannot seem to find prices. Can anyone tell me if this is correct? And what the cost is? (Not specialty coffee, just regular)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Specialty coffee shop on the ships is the ONLY place to get quality tasting coffee.

You can purchase a cup from them, not sure what the cost is to obtain a refill.

We ask for a coffee card, pay for so many and get one free. We go thru at least 2 coffee cards per each 7-day cruise.

Best coffee and great service as well.

Regular coffee is included in your fare....no need to pay a penny for it.

A coffee snob isn't going to touch that stuff. Coffee bar is the only option.

I'm on Cheers so I don't have to pay for them but I believe my large mocha/white chocolate mocha/white chocolate caramel mocha would run $3.50.

Just like the food, coffee, especially the coffee available at the buffet, is subjective. I have no complaints. It's definitely superior to vending machine coffee. I've never purchased any coffee from the coffee bar, but my wife likes their lattes.

Just like the food, coffee, especially the coffee available at the buffet, is subjective. I have no complaints. It's definitely superior to vending machine coffee. I've never purchased any coffee from the coffee bar, but my wife likes their lattes.
I agree on all counts. My preference is for plain old decent quality coffee, no flavored stuff for me.

A coffee snob isn't going to touch that stuff. Coffee bar is the only option.

I'm on Cheers so I don't have to pay for them but I believe my large mocha/white chocolate mocha/white chocolate caramel mocha would run $3.50.

Good grief...I would think with all that other stuff in there, it wouldn't make much difference what the actual coffee tasted like. LOL :D;)

Thank you! Any idea how much a refill was?

Dont know for sure because we bought the cup as a gift for our daughter who likes to take our cups and then not clean them so... she can do that with hers instead. So we only used this cup the first time but I think a refill for it is just the cost of a large cup.

Coffee snob here. The coffee in the dining room is acceptabke. Coffee on Lido is not. Coffee shop is the only way to go IMO.

I used to enjoy a cappuccino after dinner when it was free many years ago.:cool:

No more free cappuccino after dinner? My husband always got that too!

As long as it's brown, wet, hot, has caffeine and I can add sugar to it...it doesn't matter what it tastes like. I'll drink it.:D

I think you may be my long, lost twin! :D;p

As I recall the coffee used on the Lido, in the MDR and at the coffee bar was Lavaca coffee. Beans are from the same area of the world where Lavaca buys their coffees. I think the coffee bar is a slightly darker roast, though. Coffee in the MDR is often refilled from the urns on the Lido.

Coffee at the coffee bar may have switched to Starbucks in the past year or so.

Strength of coffee is also dependent upon who is making it. Coffee Bar is measured as they grind the beans. But I've seen premeasured bags used in the urns on the Lido. So a lot depends on the water intake.

Coffee on the ship will NOT taste like coffee at home due to the filtration of the distilled seawater used on the ship.

No need to pay to fill own mugs from the Lido, just use the cups provided to pour from the urn. But yes you have to pay for each cup at the coffee bar.

I like a good cup of coffee, but I'm not a snob. I usually drink the MDR coffee and occasionally the Lido coffee. It's not the best but I've tasted MUCH worse. With everything else that's so good on the ship, the coffee is the least of my worries. And if they switched to Starbucks for the "pay" coffee, that makes my decision much easier. Starbucks makes terrible coffee in my opinion. Always tastes burnt and bitter.