All Sailings Under Carnival Corp Counted ?

GTO-Girl

Please forgive me if this has been covered...... :o

We have a family member who touts herself as the family "cruise expert". She says it has just been announced that now any sailings on any line under Carnival Corp (Carnival, Princess, HA, etc.) will all count towards past guest, Platinum, etc.

Can anyone tell me if that's true?

Thanks!!!

Please forgive me if this has been covered...... :o

We have a family member who touts herself as the family "cruise expert". She says it has just been announced that now any sailings on any line under Carnival Corp (Carnival, Princess, HA, etc.) will all count towards past guest, Platinum, etc.

Can anyone tell me if that's true?

Thanks!!!

A sweet dream but so far I think it's true of RCCL. I think Carnival Corporation is a complete idiot for not doing it. With their wide range of products, they have the potential to own the cruising industry from cradle to grave. CCL and RCC have more similarities than differences so there would be no need for anyone who is tired of Princess to go to RCC and back to CCL for fun.

Carnival Corporation start thinking Cradle to Grave. I understand you like competition and having other in the same sea, but you can own the darn ocean, so why not?

Cruising is changing and with more people cruising starting much younger, maybe this will too. It's all about change, so let's hope this is soon.

I didn't think it was true either.......

She's one of these people who got a business license as a "travel agent" that she used solely to book a Carnival group cruise "once a year". When Carnival started cracking down on their restrictions as to what really counted as a "travel agent", she lost some of the perks. After that the people she was booking for wound up in some really poor locations on the ship. (of course her room wasn't one of those) and so now none of these people book through her. She did book our first cruise but after that I book my own.

But get this.....everytime she hears we've booked another cruise she calls and tries to get me to transfer the booking to her so she can get the credit!! :eek:.......I just laugh and say "no thanks"

I didn't think it was true either.......

She's one of these people who got a business license as a "travel agent" that she used solely to book a Carnival group cruise "once a year". When Carnival started cracking down on their restrictions as to what really counted as a "travel agent", she lost some of the perks. After that the people she was booking for wound up in some really poor locations on the ship. (of course her room wasn't one of those) and so now none of these people book through her. She did book our first cruise but after that I book my own.

But get this.....everytime she hears we've booked another cruise she calls and tries to get me to transfer the booking to her so she can get the credit!! :eek:.......I just laugh and say "no thanks"

Come on Girl, don't sell out your family like that on line. For some the exchange would keep them sailing under the CC umbrella forever:D

Family is family such as Princess and Carnival Fun is a apart of the same family. Parent - CC!

I don't think you will see this unless Carnival Corp. somehow makes the past guests programs the same which would be difficult to accomplish. One of the main obstacles is that Carnival Cruises is basically a seven night cruise line which requires 10 cruises to become platinum and does not account for days at sea. While Princess and HAL for example have a wider variety of itineraries cruising any where from seven nights up and count not only the number of cruises but days at sea among other ways to earn credit. There are passengers on Princess that take two thirty night back to backs which under Carnival would be just two cruise credits the same as if it were two seven night back to backs.

I just can't see how Carnival Corp. could make the program consistent across the lines and still be fair to the passengers of the respective lines they operate.

Come on Girl, don't sell out your family like that on line. For some the exchange would keep them sailing under the CC umbrella forever:D

Family is family such as Princess and Carnival Fun is a apart of the same family. Parent - CC!

Honey....she is only related to me by marriage..:D.....

I wish it were true

Carnival Corp could do it if they wanted to

Meshing Princess and HAL would not be so hard, might be a bit challenging for the rest. It would be nice if my other cruises counted for something in the cruise perk realm. 3 Hal for 21days & 1 Princess for 10days with an upcoming Princess for 12days = counting 43 days and 5 cruises would be nice and if they were mixed it might be easier to try Carnival, Costa & Cunard too.

You all know the old saying, "If there is the will, There is a way"

A sweet dream but so far I think it's true of RCCL. I think Carnival Corporation is a complete idiot for not doing it. With their wide range of products, they have the potential to own the cruising industry from cradle to grave. CCL and RCC have more similarities than differences so there would be no need for anyone who is tired of Princess to go to RCC and back to CCL for fun.

Carnival Corporation start thinking Cradle to Grave. I understand you like competition and having other in the same sea, but you can own the darn ocean, so why not?

Cruising is changing and with more people cruising starting much younger, maybe this will too. It's all about change, so let's hope this is soon.

I thought your comment about "cradle to grave" interesting. Winston once described the three lines likes this. Carnival is the "just retired line where everyone is young and can have a great time." Princess is the "independent living facility" and HAL is "assisted living facility."

Hope all can see the humor in this.

Shirley

If they ever did do this I suspect they would either increase the qualifications for each level, or reduce the benefits of existing levels and create new higher ones. I think there would simply be too many people who would qualify if they did count cruises on the other lines. IMHO their current program is great and doesn't need changing.

It's interesting to note that both HAL & Celebrity have undergone recent changes to their program and introduced many of the Captains Cricle benefits, although from memory I think the sailings/days required were higher for their top level.

Archived