Question about breakfast and lunch in dining room

BballinQT24

I've never done breakfast or lunch in the main dining room and we plan on doing it some days on our upcoming cruise. I have a question about the seating though. Is it possible to get a table for two during breakfast and lunch? Or do they just sit you at a table with other people?

My wife and I ususally eat in the buffet for breakfast and lunch but one morning we had a late excursion and decided to eat in the MDR. We were seated at a table for 2 without asking for one. Personally I prefer the buffet. The service in the MDR was slow and I feel like there were more choices at the buffet. We do prefer to have dinner in the MDR than at the buffet.

• 2 months later...
There is a menu for both. The breakfast menu is the same each day except for the daily special (eggs benedict, etc). It include juice, fruit, eggs, meat, cereal, etc.

The lunch menu is different each day.

There is a menu, however if there is something that you enjoy don't be afraid to ask. My DH was able to get Eggs Benedict on days it was not on the menu and my SIL who is vegan was able to get toast and peanut butter and fruit each morning. Often all you have to do is ask.

We ask for a table for two in the dining room for breakfast and lunch on sea days, and have always got one.

The only time we were told that none were available, we simply said

OK, How long before one comes up,

we are prepared to wait and come back,

and guess what......

they just happened to find one :D

I don't know, on our last cruise we asked for a table for two on 10 days out of 14 and never once did we get one. Perhaps we weren't insistent enough - the priority seems to be seating the "next" table.

Certainly some were seated in deuces, just not us.

I'll let you know if it goes different on Coral when we board in two days! ;)

I've never done breakfast or lunch in the main dining room and we plan on doing it some days on our upcoming cruise. I have a question about the seating though. Is it possible to get a table for two during breakfast and lunch? Or do they just sit you at a table with other people?

You can get anything you want, jsut ask.

There is always some fresh strawberries for breakfast and each day a new special. There was a huge yelling match on our last cruise . A man wanted eggs benedict and they said the didn't have it that day. The man was obnoxious and I do not beleive he ever got it. Surprised to hear you could get it every day. I know I have gotten food not on the menu several times, but if they couldn't, I could find something else.We try to eat breakfast in the main dining roon whenever possible. I like the service. Lunch we perfer International cafe, but have eaten enough in MDR to know it is very nice. We always ask for a table for 2. Don't always get it, but usually.

Archived