My Azamara

almostnewtocruise

I'm on this cruise and have just registered. To be honest as Azamara always have a Meet and Greet regardless of whether the 25 minimum is reached and as it is advertised in the Daily Pursuit it's not a biggie if registration doesn't work.

So does this mean that all passengers on the ship could be presen, not just C.C followers?

So does this mean that all passengers on the ship could be presen, not just C.C followers?

Theoretically you are right. But most people won't even know what is this gathering of "Cruise critics" that appears on the Daily Pursuit - and therefore not care..

So the people who do show up are usually those who actually want to be there . But even if a "stranger" (or 2) do show up - that's no big deal. Azamara is a small ship and usually there are not that many CC members. So it's usually a very nice - and unlike on the bigger ships - uncrowded gathering!

Theoretically you are right. But most people won't even know what is this gathering of "Cruise critics" that appears on the Daily Pursuit - and therefore not care..

So the people who do show up are usually those who actually want to be there . But even if a "stranger" (or 2) do show up - that's no big deal. Azamara is a small ship and usually there are not that many CC members. So it's usually a very nice - and unlike on the bigger ships - uncrowded gathering!

That's right. No big deal and they'll be catered for. Nice to see the senior crew intros too.

Thanks to everyone for their responses.

We are within 120 days, fully paid on an individual booking and we have registered for a dozen or so previously.

Still doesn't work this morning, but I will keep trying, also will contact T.A. and/or Azamara (at Guatemala).

Personally I prefer to register, if for no other reason than courtesy to Galley Staff catering for the event.

Trish

Thanks to everyone for their responses.

We are within 120 days, fully paid on an individual booking and we have registered for a dozen or so previously.

Still doesn't work this morning, but I will keep trying, also will contact T.A. and/or Azamara (at Guatemala).

Personally I prefer to register, if for no other reason than courtesy to Galley Staff catering for the event.

Trish

To manage your expectations, there is only limited catering for the event and given the low take up on the canapes during the event, I would suspect another 20 guests could turn up without any impact.

To manage your expectations, there is only limited catering for the event and given the low take up on the canapes during the event, I would suspect another 20 guests could turn up without any impact.

We have not sailed as many days as you, but neither are we novices with 274 days sailed, 115 of those on Azamara and about another 50 booked.

We have attended M & M Parties with the bare minimum . . . up to over 80 C.C. members, which I believe would have stretched resources if catering was provided for only the current 16 registered members on the cruise in question.

I reiterate . . . personally I prefer to register, if for no other reason than courtesy to Galley Staff catering for the event.

We have not sailed as many days as you, but neither are we novices with 274 days sailed, 115 of those on Azamara and about another 50 booked.

We have attended M & M Parties with the bare minimum . . . up to over 80 C.C. members, which I believe would have stretched resources if catering was provided for only the current 16 registered members on the cruise in question.

I reiterate . . . personally I prefer to register, if for no other reason than courtesy to Galley Staff catering for the event.

Thank you for your post. The purpose of my post was not to encourage non registration it was to avoid others believing that there is a large team in the galley beavering away for substantial catering for this short activity. I did not want anyone to be disappointed at what was served.

My understanding from officers is not extras it is no shows they experience most so I suppose it all evens out anyway. We have been no shows sometimes - the timing may clash with another onboard activity or if it's a spectacular sail away we opt to watch that say the ship is leaving later than planned. There is as you will know no process for the ship to gather information on "cancellations". (I did once try to advise via Guest Relations but they said it was not an event they managed the attendee numbers in).

Thank you for your post. The purpose of my post was not to encourage non registration it was to avoid others believing that there is a large team in the galley beavering away for substantial catering for this short activity. I did not want anyone to be disappointed at what was served.

My understanding from officers is not extras it is no shows they experience most so I suppose it all evens out anyway. We have been no shows sometimes - the timing may clash with another onboard activity or if it's a spectacular sail away we opt to watch that say the ship is leaving later than planned. There is as you will know no process for the ship to gather information on "cancellations". (I did once try to advise via Guest Relations but they said it was not an event they managed the attendee numbers in).

I agree. It really is a non-issue. If you are able to register then great, otherwise turn up and they'll keep you fed and watered.