UnderWear for White Capri,Short,Slakes

What is the proper underwear that goes with white bottoms? I have noticed that women seem to have nothing on under white bottoms.....what do women 50 and over do? I know never wear white underwear under white. Always wear beige...but what about the panty line? OK what do you youngsters think we should wear under our whites.

Whale Tails?????

Nude (or tan, beige) is the proper color for underwear under white clothes. I'm mid-50's, wear a thong (in nude!) so as not to have "panty lines". Try them! Try to find a "t-thong"---that doesn't have alot of material in the back....the less material, the easier it is to get "used" to it. I've been wearing them for so long, regular panties feel awful!

I once rode up an escalator just behind an elderly woman (I"d say at least eighty) who was wearing a T-thong that showed right through her white pants. I don't know why, but I found very uncomfortable about a woman of her age who had no "panty line" per se, but did reveal her underwear secrets to the world. Frankly I would have much rather seen panty lines than that "T".

Try Soma "no panty line". They come in thong, hipster, bikini, and regular high-cut panty, in a zillion colors. And there is absolutely no line ever, and they are very comfortable - whatever style you choose. In case you don't know about Soma: it's Chico's, White House/Black Market lingerie store, and if there is not a store near you, they are on-line. But you might have to go up a size (or :eek: even two), but just get over it b/c they are great:D

Thank you for getting my head on the right track and bringing me up to 2009. No I really don't get out much except for cruising:)

I knew not to wear white, and I have some beige, but they just weren't working. I thought of a thong, but I don't think I would feel comfortable in may ways.

I guess I am going shopping today!:D

I'm thinking the post about a better fit was in regards to the underwear, not a baggier pant.

I don't care what kind of underpants you have on, if they are too tight, you will have a panty line. Whatever style you wear, make it close to your skin tone, make sure they fit you and they will be almost imperceptible. I don't wear white or light colored pants often, the ones I do have are lined so no problem with VPL at all.

I've seen VPL in all styles: thong, bikini, full panties, Spanx, etc... And not just wearing white pants. I am not concerned about others underwear, but do wonder how they can be comfortable in tight underpants.

I don't partcularly care whether people know that I have underwear on or not, I like to be comfortable. If they don't like it, they are free to look in another direction. I could never wear a thong, I can't stand the feeling of clothes on my butt. I think it's an age thing, my daughter thinks my underwear choice is horrid and I'd never wear what she likes.

I'm thinking the post about a better fit was in regards to the underwear, not a baggier pant.

My post about the proper fit was first and foremost talking about the pants themselves. I still think that a big part of VPL is improper fit. All pants are not created equal nor are our bodies and it can take awhile to find a pair that has the right cut for our behinds.

Many times people will think that if they fit in the waist that's it, look no further. Different brands all in the same size can fit completely different. I know which brands fit all around and which don't. Like Stacy and Clinton always say, fit to the biggest part of your body and have the rest taken in if you can't find something that fits perfectly off the rack.

I saw a lady in a pair of tan jeans recently that had VPL. They were not too tight by any means so there was definitely something wrong. Either the cut of them was not right for her body or the undies were not right. VPL can be one or the other or even a combination of both.

I could never wear a thong, I can't stand the feeling of clothes on my butt. I think it's an age thing, my daughter thinks my underwear choice is horrid and I'd never wear what she likes.

Tried thongs and I can't stand the feeling either, especially from jeans and silky lining in wool pants is really cold in the winter.:eek: People talk about "getting use to them"....sorry, I only floss my teeth.:D

I wear skin colored thongs under white pants. I'm 63 but my secret is to work out at the gym. Yoga, Pilates and lunges and squats with weights.

How did some old bag like me get into thongs? My GF who is 70 wears them and she looks super. She is my thong mentor.

Grandmas can have great butts if they work at it.

The right underwear for white pants : THONG. Nude/flesh colored thongs to be specific. White undies under white pants is a no-no. Even if it’s thong. As clearly shown in the picture. If you don’t like wearing thongs, then go for full-shaped undies or better yet spanx. Just make sure it’s nude or flesh colored.

Try Soma "no panty line". They come in thong, hipster, bikini, and regular high-cut panty, in a zillion colors. And there is absolutely no line ever, and they are very comfortable - whatever style you choose. In case you don't know about Soma: it's Chico's, White House/Black Market lingerie store, and if there is not a store near you, they are on-line. But you might have to go up a size (or :eek: even two), but just get over it b/c they are great:D

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions. I have ordered Soma's Vanishing Edge and no ride. Just happened to have a catalogue to take a peak.

Sorry - no thong for me. They are just not comforatable and many times they still show through - the line is just in a different area.

I have found that what works is to make sure BOTH the underwear and the pants fit well. Be sure the panties are large enough, They should not create indentations at the leg openings, and the lines should not fall where your pants fit the body most closely. Wear underwear of the fine knit, seamless style (Many different brands are available, but I usually get the Barely There). They come in many different styles (brief. boyleg, Hi-cut etc.). The style you will need (where the "line" will fall) depends on your body type- try different styles. I like the Modern Brief, slightly lower at the waist than a traditional brief, (so thay do not "peek out" above the waist) but full coverage for the rear and the "line" fallls at a point on my body where pants aren't as closely fitting). Barely There has a wide range of skin tone colors, ranging from the lightest peach beige, through various shades of beige and tan to darker brown and taupe, so you can match you skin tone very closely.

Also, since the biggest panty line concerns are with white slacks (Though VPL looks bad with ANY pants), consider just not buying white pants unless the material is substantial and/or they are lined. (Almost as bad as VPL are white pants that have the pockets lined in white or with a partial lining in white so that the lining shows through - Yuck!)

No thong for me either. I normally wear a nude panty under white

pants and it is usually a brief style. They fit me best and feel better

than other styles (on me).

Different strokes for different folks. If a thong is your thing then

go for it. It makes no difference to me.

I would say it is a personal choice.:)

(Almost as bad as VPL are white pants that have the pockets lined in white or with a partial lining in white so that the lining shows through - Yuck!)

I'm so pleased to hear I'm not the ony person with this hate - just looks so tacky. I love the idea of white pants but more than once I've given them a miss because of this. It's kind of self-defeating to have lined summer pants, but it might be the way to go.

Archived