Live Silver Spirit Maiden TA Crossing

DebbieH103

Breaking news!

The pool grill bar now has its own fresh orange juice squeezing machine; the kind where you put in 20 oranges and they go through various machinations/levels and the juice runs out into a glass. Bravo!

They had one in La Terrazza for breakfast, but last night they installed one at the pool bar as well; I had fresh oj with my tea around 11AM today.

Breaking news!

The pool grill bar now has its own fresh orange juice squeezing machine; the kind where you put in 20 oranges and they go through various machinations/levels and the juice runs out into a glass. Bravo!

They had one in La Terrazza for breakfast, but last night they installed one at the pool bar as well; I had fresh oj with my tea around 11AM today.

I think you'll find that these orange squeezers should have been operational from the start of the voyage,news that Silversea would rather you kept quiet about.:D

Breaking news!

Are these new on Silversea? Don't remember seeing them on the Shadow.

As Dieter posted above SS did a remarkable job helping Ida and I celebrate our Silver (anniversary) on Silversea. Antonio (Restaurant Manager) and Alves (Asst Mgr) clearly saw to every detail...It begin after a delicious lunch in La Terrazza, where I approached Antonio asking where I should bring our bottle of Dom we got from AMX-Plat cruise benefits...he said, don't bother bringing it now, we will just serve you a chilled bottle in the Restaurant (2000). Later, I just brought our 2004 Dom and gave it to Antionio at 8pm. Our Indian feast included; curry prawns, tandori chicken, basmiti rice, nah, lady fingers, and three other dishes I cannot pronounce/remember..they are providing Ida the recipes. For desert SS brought a chocolate anniversary cake (best I have ever had) as they sat it down at our table, about half-dozen SS servers and (Doug, Lynn, Emmy, Maria, Nick, Gary, Carol--came over and ambushed us) as they all sang Happy Anniversary. I sent the cake over to their table, Carol took a bite and immediately said, OMG how delicious. Doug (the true romantic)then arranged for the lobby bar pianist to play the anniversary song as we danced (ida choked up) to cap a wonderfully, romantic evening--special thanks to SS and our very special CC Silversea freinds. SS was not done, Ida and I retired early and walked in our suite, surprised with two towel swans facing each other, surrounded by over a 100 rose petals on our bed and suite table, the rest our our chocolate masterpiece cake..and personal handwritten Happy Anniversary card from Captain Corsaro.

Wes - glad you and Ida had such a wonderful anniversary and it sounds like you are having a great cruise overall! Continued enjoyment!

For desert SS brought a chocolate anniversary cake (best I have ever had) as they sat it down at our table, about half-dozen SS servers and (Doug, Lynn, Emmy, Maria, Nick, Gary, Carol--came over and ambushed us) as they all sang Happy Anniversary. I sent the cake over to their table, Carol took a bite and immediately said, OMG how delicious.

Glad you had a great evening....if you get a chance I'd be grateful if you could send Emmy our love (from her Silversea friends just across the Thames) - I had a very garbled call from her mobile yesterday......I guess the satellite coverage is not that good mid Atlantic. :)

Gorgeous seaday for our first of six on this crossing. Sunny temps in high 60's, pool deck was near full (about 200 folks) enjoying the sun, beautiful sea views, exceptional SS pool deck service (I get asked at least hourly, If I would like a beverage and as soon

as I sit in these wonderful high back chairs, that I prefer to lounger. There were two enrichment lectures (Origins of Madiera Wine, and Henry the Navigator (from Lisbon)), Dance classes, language classes (many more activities) and an exceptional classical pianist was featured in the show lounge last night.

As Dieter posted above SS did a remarkable job helping Ida and I celebrate our Silver (anniversary) on Silversea. Antonio (Restaurant Manager) and Alves (Asst Mgr) clearly saw to every detail...It begin after a delicious lunch in La Terrazza, where I approached Antonio asking where I should bring our bottle of Dom we got from AMX-Plat cruise benefits...he said, don't bother bringing it now, we will just serve you a chilled bottle in the Restaurant (2000). Later, I just brought our 2004 Dom and gave it to Antionio at 8pm. Our Indian feast included; curry prawns, tandori chicken, basmiti rice, nah, lady fingers, and three other dishes I cannot pronounce/remember..they are providing Ida the recipes. For desert SS brought a chocolate anniversary cake (best I have ever had) as they sat it down at our table, about half-dozen SS servers and (Doug, Lynn, Emmy, Maria, Nick, Gary, Carol--came over and ambushed us) as they all sang Happy Anniversary. I sent the cake over to their table, Carol took a bite and immediately said, OMG how delicious. Doug (the true romantic)then arranged for the lobby bar pianist to play the anniversary song as we danced (ida choked up) to cap a wonderfully, romantic evening--special thanks to SS and our very special CC Silversea freinds. SS was not done, Ida and I retired early and walked in our suite, surprised with two towel swans facing each other, surrounded by over a 100 rose petals on our bed and suite table, the rest our our chocolate masterpiece cake..and personal handwritten Happy Anniversary card from Captain Corsaro.

Also, SS placed very nice SS engraved, "inaugural season" tote bag with two blue SS baseball caps in each suite Thursday.

Thanks Dieter for the Doversole recommnedation will put that in my dining ruck sack for a future Restaurant meal.

Lord of Seas/Eric..here are a few of the Connoiseur Wine list featured selections:

Dom 2000

Cristal 2000

Dom Rose 1998

Domaine De Chevallie blanc de chateau (sb) 2006

Gaja Rossj Bass, C &SB 2007

New World: Beringer Chard Priv Rsv 2007

Cloudy Bay SB 2006

Red

Chateau Pichon Lalande Deuxieme Grand Cru Classe 2003

Gaja Barbesco 2005

Tenuta Sassicaia, 2005

Antinoti Ornellaia, 2005

Mediterranean reds (some nice spanish riojas)

New World (e.g Opus One, Phelps Insignia, Caymus Sp Select CAB, Duckhorn merlot

What is your opinion about there being enough room and chairs on the pool deck in the future when the ship is full and sailing on a sea day with weather in the 80's. We're going in July and have found that the sea days are packed around the pool in warm beautiful weather. We're concerned from looking at the pics that this pool area may be too small for around 500 people. I know there is an upper deck of chairs...but that is not where we are interested in sitting. Was this ship designed to handle the amount of people that will be using the pool deck in the warm weather?

I agree with you. My concern is the pool area. We love the sun and the pool, and it looks a lot smaller than the space on the Shadow. We always do the Carrib. in either Nov. and Dec. Since the Spirit has now taken over the Shadow's schedule, is there going to be enough room?

today, just want to highlight the SS crew/staff our fellow CCr's who have clearly gone above & beyond since we boarded...and are making this maiden crossing a truly wonderful/fab cruise. Very special Kudos too:

Panorama lounge: Joey--runs the coffee corner from 5:30 a.m until late morning greets you by name, knows your coffee preference

Deck wash staff; shout out to all of them for their diligent, hard work from early a.m (I see them at 0545 daily) ensuring the

pool deck, la terrazza deck, and panorama lounge deck are washed down and salt free..special note to Carl, Benny and Jo Jo for their super work.

Paolo (hotel director) for instant action on our requests (increase heat in pool) place bottle watered (he ensure it was iced) on jogging track by 0530 daily and for running an exceptionally well motivated spirit staff.

Antonio and Alves (Rest Mgr/Asst Mgr) for helping us celebrate an unforgettable anniversary dinner in the Restaurant.

Karolina (head sommelier) in the Restaurant for her exceptional wine knowledge/willingness to share & making outstanding wine pairing suggestions, esp the HV Syrah with the Angus Beef last night

Fernando (CD) for his contagious, always up beat (Good morning, Mr Wes) greetings and his frenetic dancing in the wee hours of the panorama lounge.

Riza and Mi Nada extraorinarily attentive panorama waitresses who know your name and drink choice by day 2.

Our Butler--Nicky and Romo (attendant) for surprising us on our anniversary celebration with dozens of rose petals on the bed, timely refills on our daily champagne and making our room sparkle.

Captain Corsaro...he is a whirling dervish--is everywhere, engaging passengers, personable, approachable and whenever our very smalll CC group asks for special requests he responds instantly.

Doctor and Mrs Lynn Burns--a wonderful fellow passengers that enable cruise fellowship in extraordinary ways...they are gracious, generous and just plain fun to be around...only niggle is Doug served in the wrong service (Go Army!)

Special thanks to our fellow CC pax and SS pax for help in making this crossing exceptional; Dieter/Debbie, JoAnne and Phil, Gary & Carol, Maria/Nick, Emmy, Nicky and Dave, Malcomb (another squid) and Jean, Diane and Carl, Wil/Craig, DianeReb, Winnie/MaryAnn, Jim/Valerie, Laurel (yep even another squid) and Martha

RE: Le Champagnge..as posted above the $30 pp option is available, and if u use

bon voyage gift two weeks ahead of sailing you can get full degustation for $150pp

vs $200 (we did this to help use our SBC)

RE: Pool Deck...will give you my final opinion after the next few sea days, but believe with the upper deck over the pool deck, the gorgeous/comfortable

deck chairs on Panorama and on the side of the jogging track, there is enough room in pool deck area (considering the deck 10 portion)

Marcie, did you watch Todd's video of the pool deck? It does not show deck 10. I think the space available is similar to Shadow except for the addition of the welcome 3rd hot tub. There are other places to sit all around that deck 9, including some great seats with cabana hoods, and I think some will retreat off to the quieter hovels.

Balconies do have much better seats than the other ships and are easier to manipulate with the lovel doors (just make sure they are locked and closed, as they slide open). More may hang there, but you will never take away the thrill people have of being out amongst the other guests and seeing what is going on.

I am glad to see you are working with Nickel, Wes! He is a nice guy.

Our Happy Anniversary wishes to you and Ida also Wes! Wish we could have been there with you! But you have helped us decide to do the Panama Canal Ft L to LA on the Spirit in January of 2011! Why don't you all join us >:D We sail in four weeks on "my" Shadow LA to LA and can hardly wait! Until next time, Aloha!

Mary and Mike

Debbie,

Could you please provide a link to the Silver Suite photo's/videos you or Todd took, and any other accomodations you may have photographed.

I am having problems finding them on your blog and am pulling my hair out in frustration.

But please, only when you get a moment. I really don't want to trouble you.

Cheers..

We are 8 couples who have been traveling on several different cruiselines over the years. Silversea,Oceania, Crystal and Regent. Finding nooks and crannies away from the main pool or using verandas is not an option we want for our cruise in the Med. We will wait to hear from future cruisers aboard the Spirit when it begins its Carribean itineraries. Sitting on the upper deck overlooking the pool is also not an option. We never had a problem with space on any luxury cruiseline before but I have a feeling that there is a potential problem with this ship. I really hope I'm wrong.

Doctor and Mrs Lynn Burns
Only since you mentioned this so many times, just out of curiosity, is he Navy Captain Burns or medical Doctor Burns? Usually, medical doctors don't become the commanding officer of a large ship?!

Also, is there some way of measuring the wall-to-wall width of the standard cabin, since accessibility by those who need walkers etc. has been mentioned by a few people. Thank you kindly.

The term "Dr." does not necessarily denote a medical degree. You are referred to as Dr. if you have a P.H.D. in any field whether it be a science degree:) or a liberal arts degree:eek:.

This is a strange discussion. . . . .

Archived