Live Silver Spirit Maiden TA Crossing

DebbieH103

THERE IS PLENTY OF SPACE. SPACE/GUEST RATIO IS NOT AN ISSUE ON THE SHIP.
Thank you kindly.

By the way, as for the stone grill, we had such meals on land before, they are very nice. You cook to the extent (rare/medium/well-done) as you please. It can be used for both meats and seafood. We like it, and on land it is usually rather expensive. If we have a chance to go on this ship, we will surely try it .. meow!

As the good Colonel once again mentioned the cabin being rather narrow, can someone kindly measure the wall-to-wall width (it was 9ft 8.5in on the Shadow) so that it can also be solved once and for all?

I have been holding off on this question until everyone got settled in and the staff started to get their feet, so to speak.

Even though the Spirit is much larger and carrys many more passengers and crew, more dining choices ect,

is it still the definitive Silversea product, like on the original ships.

I mean have they succesfully translated the experience to a bigger size or have they reinvented a new type of Silversea experience.

If we were to sail on the Spirit, would we instinctively feel the traditional SS experience or have they succesfully invented a new one. Does the ship carry that "ambiance" "aura" "mood" spirit so to speak.

Those that have traveled many nights on SS will know what l mean.

Thank you kindly.

As the good Colonel once again mentioned the cabin being rather narrow, can someone kindly measure the wall-to-wall width (it was 9ft 8.5in on the Shadow) so that it can also be solved once and for all?

Meow...

You obviously have the capability to use the internet so would it be at all possible for you to email Silversea with questions like this? IMHO it's pretty presumptuous for you to continue to ask questions that you can easily enquire from Silversea. It would be nice if you delved yourself and shared info as opposed to asking these kind of questions repeatedly of people who have actually paid to be on the ship for their vacation.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but you have the knack of asking these questions and/or taking minimal information and making it appear to be a negative, even though you have no first-hand knowledge. I'd suggest you book a trip on the ship and attempt to enjoy it rather than take the tack of "the sky is falling" without ever looking up.

Thanks!

Silversea does not provide such measurement data and their sales staff do not know the answer. We do provide information -- our own measurements whenever we have any chance to be on any ship (too cumbersome to list here all our previous postings on this board). Those who have read our previous postings through the years all know that we provide the most measurements on this board, perhaps the hosts will testify to this!

Here is one example, can you find one more informative and detailed anywhere?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=112477&highlight=mexican+riviera

We're in Antigua this morning with clear skies and temp at 0800 of 81 deg. Wes was on the bridge coming in this morning and we give him a passing grade for not touching anything. Last evening we had 10 together for dinner at the stone grill and it was again fabulous. Just a couple of tidbits: In FLL they are picking up 80 more stones and will expand the stone grill on to the forward area of the pool deck, so it looks as if it's here to stay and not just a passing fad thank goodness. It's fully booked every evening. Also, they will be getting the missing box that was supposed to arrive in Lisbon and will have Fox News on the TV from then on. Wes/Ida and Lynn/I will be in le Champagne tonight and will pass on our opinion tomorrow. Off to breakfast; more later.

meow! We appreciate the fact that you have taken time out from your vacation to measure the suites. It would be really great if SS (or any other cruise line) would provide measurements on their respective floor plans. On SB Odyssey the square footage of the suites are larger, yet the suite is longer and narrower, leaving less room to get around the bed.

Host Dan

Doug,sounds good.

I think that you will find that all outside restaurants on ships are full when the weather is good.

Yes, but will you find outdoor restaurants nearly full in poor weather? The Black Rock grill did excellent business well before we hit the calms of the Caribbean.

meow! We appreciate the fact that you have taken time out from your vacation to measure the suites. It would be really great if SS (or any other cruise line) would provide measurements on their respective floor plans. On SB Odyssey the square footage of the suites are larger, yet the suite is longer and narrower, leaving less room to get around the bed.

Host Dan

Thank you kindly, Host Dan. It is nice to have a great host .. meow!

Lord of the Seas.

We have several of this type of restaurant in S. California, they seem to be very popular. They will reach the UK in the next several years!!!!;);)

Oh no,

Don't forget that you gave us another one of your gourmet restaurants,

McDonalds!! :eek:

let's hope that our climate in the UK will keep those hot stone restaurants away.I can see why they may be popular in California.

We also gave you - smoke free restaurants, B-B-Q and a great improvement in restaurant food quality, if not service, in the last few decades. Quite a change from the meat, potato and 3 veg. of British cuisine that used to be the norm.:):)

Yes Craig,

a new idea and concept will attract some intrigue.

Is this type of restaurant something that you would spend your money on at home?

Without a doubt. And remember...even if your belief it's a fad is correct (and I don't agree with that assertion at all), this restaurant will always be new to a good portion of passengers on each voyage.

I would prefer the stone grill cuisine any day to bangers and mash, toad in the hole and spotted dick. I rarely find myself saying “Honey, can we eat English tonight?”

LOL - But I do pine for good ol' Fish and Chips wrapped in the "News of the World!!":):):)

Nice day in Antigua. Had 4 ships here today. Costa Mediterranea, Thomson Destiny, Marco Polo, and Silver Spirit. We leave at 2230 for St. Barts and will have to tender there. First time for Silver Spirit. The ship just gets better each day!

(I appreiciate this MUCH more than all the measurements of chair stools and bathroom sinks).
You are free to have your own opinion. Pictures of the ship are easily available on the cruise line's website, and on travel agency brochures galore. However, measurements important to some people, especially if they have special needs, including putting luggage under their beds (clearance) and stepping over a slippery bath (tub height). Such data cannot be found elsewhere, and we provide them in our reports.

Thank you meow!, you've provided me comfort. Stumbling into bed without hitting the stool seems to be the number one obstacle on Spirit. Also, after 90 days onboard, the doors might be too narrow. Wish I didn't know now, what I should have known when booking.

Thank you meow!, you've provided me comfort. Stumbling into bed without hitting the stool seems to be the number one obstacle on Spirit. Also, after 90 days onboard, the doors might be too narrow. Wish I didn't know now, what I should have known when booking.
We do that for all ships we have been on, not any particular ship. If you search our previous postings, you will find similar meansurements on Oceania R ships, even Celebrity Century. Every so often, there are posters asking for how many electrical outlets in the cabin, what is the cabin door width for their walker, cribs, etc. If you don't need such information, that is fine, but some others may need it.

People may not need chairs in the malls (they prefer to stand or walk), they may not want public telephones (well they have their own cell phones), they may not like to wear glasses (they have good eyes or wear contacts) etc., but some people may need them and we should respect such needs too. The measurements are not meant to promote or criticize any ship (we do it on all ships we cruise on), just to provide otherwise unavailable information for people of special needs.

On the reverse why should factual, physical data on a cruise central topic as cabin measurements be subjects for ridicule? Skip it if you don't need it. Do you cut out pages you find superfluous on your daily newspaper?

Yes Craig,

a new idea and concept will attract some intrigue.

Is this type of restaurant something that you would spend your money on at home?

Personally, I go on vacation to GET AWAY from what I do at home! (I don't know of any of this type restaurant in Chicago. - They will probably come here just after London! ) :)

Archived