We got the EXACT Suite that we wanted!

StanandJim

We already booked our room for the 2/8 Transcanal on Marina!

At 8:29AM, we started dialing, and by 8:35 we had snagged one of the two Oceania Suites, aft on Deck 11!

m-staterooms-3d-oc.jpgOn the R Rships, we take a Vista, but they've changed the configuration on Marina, and we are most decidedly NOT "private fitness room" people! So, we started looking at alternative accomodations.

Marinas Owners Suites are a bit much for us, I suppose we're not musical enough.

Still, we wanted either a forward or aft view for the Canal transit, so our choice was very limited.......but we made a point of making the rez as soon as they opened, and it worked! :D

So, let the games begin! Gosh, I should go and see if there is a roll call yet.

We started dialing early an also got an Oceania Suite we wanted, going the other direction through the canal, dep. San Francisco on 2/26. Had the same process of elimination of the various categories. Res agent said they were super busy with Marina calls.

At 8:29AM, we started dialing, and by 8:35 we had snagged one of the two Oceania Suites, aft on Deck 11!

m-staterooms-3d-oc.jpgOn the R Rships, we take a Vista, but they've changed the configuration on Marina, and we are most decidedly NOT "private fitness room" people! So, we started looking at alternative accomodations.

Marinas Owners Suites are a bit much for us, I suppose we're not musical enough.

Still, we wanted either a forward or aft view for the Canal transit, so our choice was very limited.......but we made a point of making the rez as soon as they opened, and it worked! :D

Congrats...we opted for a PH for SF-MIA, hoping to hear soon from TA.

We opted for a VS (9000) on the SF-MIA run.

The configuration for the OC seems a bit strange. Of course the rendering may be off. Don't see how one gets into the walk in closet.It appears that one walks through the blank space behind the entry way shelving to get to the bathroom.And the media room is something we didn't want.

I got the exact penthouse I wanted on the Colonial Crossing. I was very tempted to get an Oceania suite but decided that we are people who spend very little time in our suite so the penthouse was more than sufficient. I plan to spend most of my time in the alternative restaurants.

We, too, got the suite we wanted - Oceania Suite 12014 - for the transatlantic from Miami to Barcelona. We opted for this because we want quiet overhead and the spa rooms are above us on that side. I will be interested to hear if there is much noise from the Terrace above you.

Congratulations! Looks like plenty of room for me to stow away!:D

It appears that the switchboard at Oceania was quite busy today. It would be interesting to see the number of bookings that occurred.

Garry

Actually, I did ask the question when I called Oceania back this evening about a cabana on Marina. It looks like all the suites (OC, VS, OS) have been reserved/booked on all of the available Marina itineraries thus far as well as all cabins Category C and below (and on some itineraries Category B and below) have been reserved/booked. The rep mentioned it was well over 1,500 Marina bookings made today...

Kathleen

Actually, I did ask the question when I called Oceania back this evening about a cabana on Marina. It looks like all the suites (OC, VS, OS) have been reserved/booked on all of the available Marina itineraries thus far as well as all cabins Category C and below (and on some itineraries Category B and below) have been reserved/booked. The rep mentioned it was well over 1,500 Marina bookings made today...

Kathleen

Those are amazing numbers! Good for them.

We wanted that for the Carib..seems we are in a mid 12000 and I want that aft..

Claudia-

For a Caribbean cruise, Deck 12 should be fabulous.....you'll have unparalleled access to the pool deck!

pool-mar-lg.jpg

If ours had not been a trans-canal, I would not have been so adamant about the aft location.

mw2_oronsay_panama.jpg

Archived