Carrying a Purse on board?

Princess32

I sure don't! I just don't find a need to carry that much stuff around the ship with me. My lipstick and bade-box are about all I need. Anything more I can go back to the cabin for and after using it leave it there again. My seapass goes into my pocket or this small thin waterproof bade-box that goes into my pocket with the string looped around my shorts belt loop. Otherwise the bade-box can go under my shirt and I can fish it out as needed.

I would feel (and probably look) stupid with a lanyard around my neck and fanny packs look horrible on just about everyone. IMO, of course.

Just carry my S&S card in my pocket. Why would I want to carry a wallet around? I can't pay cash or use a charge card on there. The other things I carry in my purse (keys, hand sanitizer, phone, etc), I just won't be using on ship (they have hand sanitizer everywhere). So why lug it around?

I take a tote bag for the beach to hold towel and book. I use a fanny pack on shore excursions, since I need my wallet then.

Never on board ship. It is liberating to not have to drag it around.

Just wondering what you'd put in the purse?

I have shorts or capris with pockets for my sign n sail card but don't need much else. If I am hanging at the pool and want to carry a book,suntan lotion etc then I'll use a small backpack or beachbag but not a normal purse.

My sister and I use something called a Bracelet Mate while on the ship and when shopping in the different Ports-of-Call. It fits on your wrist with the beads facing out so it looks like you have a bracelet on.

They are roomy enough inside to hold your Sea-Pass card, driver's license, a couple of credit cards and some folding money.

We like it so much that we even use it while at home; grocery shopping, walking/jogging, trips to the library, etc.

I have attached a photograph, from the company's website, of what they look like. Double clicking will bring up another window where you can see a bigger picture of it.

If you are interested in buying some for giftsyou can just do a search for bracelet mate and you will find the website. We find they make wonderful gifts. Especially to our friends who like to jog everyday.

is it weird to carry a purse on board? im going on my first cruise in June and was just wondering. thank u!

It's not weird..there will be other women with purses. But like the others said, there's so little that you'll actually need on board the ship, that a purse isn't necessary -- just a pocket for your sign and sail card (I hate lanyards, so a pocket is essential for me!). Anything that otherwise is in your purse can stay in your purse..in the cabin..and if you need it, just head back there and take care of the issue.

I have a couple very small purses with very long shoulder straps that I put across my body so it's almost like they aren't there, have chapstick, S&S, cheater readers, sunglasses, small camera, not much else. I use those in ports too, no fanny packs for me, they're targets in ports.

I love unusual purses but can't be bother while on a cruise, except for formal nights (very, very small evening bag). Pockets serve the purpose for S&S card while on board, and nylon backpack carried on one shoulder like a shoulder bag suffices while on land. If you're worried about leaving "whatever" exposed while out of the room, leave it in the safe. Each stateroom has a safe, in which you program your own combination. So, for me there really isn't much need for a purse while enjoying all that the ship has to offer.

HAPPY CRUISING!!

I always carry a small purse--for my lipstick, sunglasses, tissue, Epi-pen, S&S card, book, daily activity newlsletter, pen.

I don't like the bulk it adds to put those things in my pockets and don't like the way fanny packs look at all.

I'm not a purse fan to start with, so, no. I have some of those superlightweight nylon backpacks that I use. on the back, as a tote, whatever.

In tune with RetireeWannabee, I carry a lightweight backpack. I throw in my sun screen, camera, sun glasses, SeaPass card, towel, comb and lip balm and I'm good to go! I think I'd feel odd carrying a purse while wearing a bathing suit. Seems like a stangly odd combination.

I carry a small purse....where else will you put your lipstick, comb, tissues, etc.??? I mean, when you're in a hotel or resort, you carry a purse...why wouldn't you on the ship?

When at the pool, that stuff goes into my beach bag....along with book, sunscreen, etc...

i sometimes carry a purse-in the eve...sometimes i have a little one for the day...most of the time stuff goes in the pockets and in one of the BEST onboard CRUISE purchases...my waterbottle holder from NCL...it has a little zip pocket in front that can hold a thing or two plus of course my water bottle or drink canister--do want makes you feel COMFORTABLE and dont WORRY about being WEIRD...its YOUR CRUISE these "little" type of things dont SWEAT over!!! ENJOY!!!

Cruising is a little different from many land based vacations, especially in the evening when you might be going out for dinner, because you don't need cash, credit card, keys and maybe a coat.

During the day I go with pockets +/- a beach bag (and a small waterproof plastic box for valuables at the beach); in the evening when I may be wearing a skirt with no pockets, I have a small embroidered fabric bag to which I attached a loop of narrow elastic so that it fits over my wrist - unobtrusive, big enough for SS card, tissue, lip salve but not easily put down and forgotten in the fun of it all (and don't get me started on shawls I have lost that way!). Before I quit smoking, I used the same principle, just a larger bag!

However, there's no reason for you to feel uncomfortable carrying a purse if you prefer - I just like the freedom to go without.

I make my boyfriend carry everything I need (usually just my S&S card) in his pocket. :) Since he makes me carry stuff in my purse all the time, it helps even it out.

But you really don't need to carry around anything on the ship.

is it weird to carry a purse on board? im going on my first cruise in June and was just wondering. thank u!

We are usually out in the sun so I just carry my beach bag with me. We are taking our son and he is always saying "Mom can you carry this" ALL the time. So does my hubby at home since I always carry my purse. The boys are just used to it:rolleyes:.

I carry a small purse....where else will you put your lipstick, comb, tissues, etc.??? I mean, when you're in a hotel or resort, you carry a purse...why wouldn't you on the ship?

When at the pool, that stuff goes into my beach bag....along with book, sunscreen, etc...

I don't carry a purse at a resort, either. Same carefreeness as a cruise, imo. I don't remember staying in a hotel as a destination so can't answer that one.

I don't wear lipstick, don't carry around a comb. Couple tissues in a pocket if I'm sniffly, otherwise none. I don't carry around 'just in case' items.

I sure don't! I just don't find a need to carry that much stuff around the ship with me. My lipstick and bade-box are about all I need. Anything more I can go back to the cabin for and after using it leave it there again. My seapass goes into my pocket or this small thin waterproof bade-box that goes into my pocket with the string looped around my shorts belt loop. Otherwise the bade-box can go under my shirt and I can fish it out as needed.

I would feel (and probably look) stupid with a lanyard around my neck and fanny packs look horrible on just about everyone. IMO, of course.

OK, I give up, I've googled it and bing-ed it and connot find bade-box anywhere. Is it a waterproof wallet?

If I'm going to the pool, I use a nylon beach tote, it folds into the size of a keychain and is attached to my carry on bag. If I'm going to dinner, I carry an evening clutch. If I'm just walking around the ship, going to lunch or shopping, I usually carry something like this: http://www.travelsmith.com/jump.jsp?itemID=14&itemType=PRODUCT&path=1%2C2%2C292%2C327&iProductID=14&sortBy=0

I no longer need just lipstick and my ships' card, I have to take along reading glasses as well.

Use purse in the evening, with lipstick in it.

Day time, I generally only use a small travel bag when we go ashore for things we may buy, there I will put sun glasses, water, camera.

Otherwise, no need for a purse.

Exactly! I wear reading glasses, but can't walk in them, I need sunglasses outside, and I don't always have pockets. I don't want to constantly back and forth to cabin either. I do bring a cheap tote for the beach /port or the pool to stick in extras like my crossword puzzles etc.

OK, I give up, I've googled it and bing-ed it and connot find bade-box anywhere. Is it a waterproof wallet?

Yes! Badebox=bath box. We first bought them years ago while living in Germany. They were great for keeping the odd key and bit of cash dry and you can either wear it around your neck or attach it to a belt loop or bathing suit strap and tuck the case in some place inconspicuous. I carry my seapass in a thin one and when off the ship I just add a bit of cash and my credit card. My lipstick just gets tossed in my pocket (always seem to have one in my shorts) and I'm good to go. My sunglasses are on my face or head. I hate carrying anything in my hands if I don't have to.

http://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Travel-Waterproof-Credit-Lanyard/dp/B001DKAX2G/ref=pd_sbs_a_7

Archived