what is your favorite eastern port to sail out of ?

cruzin w chris

fav eastern port to sail out of  

88 members have voted

1. 1. fav eastern port to sail out of

• miami
    • fort lauderdale
    • port canaveral
    • tampa
    • jacksonville
    • charleston
    • norfolk
    • philadelphia
    • baltimore
    • cape liberty
    • boston
    • new york city

hello all, i am wondering which eastern port is your fav to sail out of. and if you can make a post as to why. whether it be convienience or nice and close to home or whatever. our personal choice is miami even though it is also the farthest we just like it better and find it very easy.

Backing out of the pier (rather than parallel parking), sailing down the Hudson and seeing the Manhattan skyline on your left, passing Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty and going under the Veranzanno bridge is as exciting as a port of call, which makes sailing out of Manhattan my favorite departure cities.

Fort Lauderdale is our favorite in terms of that's where we've sailed from on more cruises than any other. There are just more cruises leaving there than the other ports--plus it's close to warm weather.

We loved sailing from New York City. Sailing past the Statue of Liberty at sunset was great.

And we had a great cruise for Norfolk and enjoyed the 4-hour drive there. I wish there were more cruises from Norfolk and Charleston so we could save money on airfare.

Backing out of the pier (rather than parallel parking), sailing down the Hudson and seeing the Manhattan skyline on your left, passing Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty and going under the Veranzanno bridge is as exciting as a port of call, which makes sailing out of Manhattan my favorite departure cities.

You got that right! :) Nothing like it and when we sail back into NY, past Lady Liberty, there's a feeling of being "home"...

Enjoy Port Canaveral - like sailing out of Florida, but Ft. L. is too crowded and JAX just isn't as good as Port C.

We like to stay at the Radisson Resort at the Port which is the best pre-cruise experience we've had so far. We also like staying in the Orlando area, so can do that after the cruise.

The embarkations at Port C. have been better than the others we have sailed from- NYC, Ft. L., & JAX

this!

We like Miami just because the port is better organized & it never takes us longer than 30 minutes to board...the last time we cruised out of Ft. lauderdale we felt like cattle going from one long line to the next & it took us almost 2 hours to get on the ship. We prefer to leave from warm places. :)

Sailing out of New York has a magic the others can't approach: the skyline slipping by, passing the empty space where the twin towers stood, leaving Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty to your right, and then sliding under the Verazzano Bridge towards the open sea has all others beat. Even with a winter departure, by early afternoon of your first sea day you enter the Gulf Stream and warmer waters.

Not much love for Miami here, maybe because we have probably all done it more than once. I still think it's the best. Cheap flights, good hotels and lots of them. Nice weather before you cruise, great facility that gets you on your ship with the quickness. Sail away....out of port with eveyone honking from Dodge? Slipping past Miami Beach and out into the Big Blue? Come on, thats sweet!

My favorite eastern port to sail out of would be Istanbul. (Hey.....you didn't specify eastern US. ;))

Actually, I'd go with Fort Lauderdale. I have to fly to any port, and Fort Lauderdale airport is convenient to the port. I also know FTL well, both my parents and grandparents lived there.

Archived