dress code for breakfast and lunch

kingsx

does any one know what the dress code is for this. thanks :)
In the buffet, cover-ups and shoes (no bathing suits with towels wrapped around you.) In the dining room, shorts, jeans, etc. are acceptable; shoes required. I've never seen bathing suits or cover-ups in the dining room at breakfast or lunch.

So are nice jeans ok in dining room on smart casual nights?

I can see that some people on this board do not approve of them but they are certainly acceptable by Princess standards, so go ahead & wear them and be comfortable. It's your vacation and they shouldn't have any influence on your decision.

No!

Yes, jeans are allowed in the dining room on smart casual night for both men and women as long as they're not full of holes. This is what Princess states and what actually occurs onboard the ship.

On our sailing on the Royal, they did not permit short in the dining room at lunch. Perhaps they have changed it now.

Odd, I've worn shorts to the dining rooms for lunch on several of the ships in the past but my most recent cruise on Princess was Alaska and it was a little chilly there for shorts. I do usually wear khaki pants to lunch on the ships, so even if they've changed the policy it won't be a problem.

I know they frown on sleevless shirts (not muscle shirts) for men at both.

Even though many women had sleevless tops.

Didn't quite understand that one. :rolleyes:

I think if all men shaved under their arms, there would not be this double standard sexist rule;)

I noticed on our last cruise (Emerald) that they also frown on baseball caps being worn in the dining room. I saw the maitre d' and an assistant maitre d' ask a couple of men to remove theirs.

I noticed on our last cruise (Emerald) that they also frown on baseball caps being worn in the dining room. I saw the maitre d' and an assistant maitre d' ask a couple of men to remove theirs.

And so they should! Tacky!

• 4 weeks later...

. . . but we saw a woman on our Royal cruise in Europe who never seemed to be without her sparckly baseball cap. Not sure if I ever saw her in the dining room with ti, but just about everywere else including the show roons etc. even on formal night!

. . . but we saw a woman on our Royal cruise in Europe who never seemed to be without her sparckly baseball cap. Not sure if I ever saw her in the dining room with ti, but just about everywere else including the show roons etc. even on formal night!

Oh, the horror!

This could be a hat used to cover up a medical condition, either the condition itself or the result of treatment.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived