Elite Mini-Bar Exchange

unboringuy

THANK YOU! I have been working on 2007 prices, and the updated prices are a GREAT help to plan my souvenir budget more accurately. I had considered buying the mini-bar set up and bringing it home for a friend, she also drinks water during working hours (Home Help in the Community Health Service here) so will ask her if she would prefer the alcohol and soda, or 8 x 1.5l of water, which I understand is an option for exchanging.

If I were you, I would try and use the mini-bar onboard in a way

you enjoy. Let it enhance your experience.

The liquor miniatures and soft drinks can be duplicated on shore

for much, much less than the princess onboard prices.

For instance, a can of soda on land might cost $0.30, vs. $2.00 on

the ship.

IMO the benefit is for a mini bar set up and that should be it. Or they should give an option that is standard such as coffee card or 20 sodas or a bar set up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Forums mobile app

IMO the benefit is for a mini bar set up and that should be it. Or they should give an option that is standard such as coffee card or 20 sodas or a bar set up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Forums mobile app

There is a list of the available exchanges.

We totally agree with the poster who said that if there are two Elites in a cabin you should get two set-ups. Seems quite unfair considering all the $ that have been spent to get this this status. If you were to get the two set-ups if you choose to you could trade for a coffee cards or wine, only seems fair.

We totally agree with the poster who said that if there are two Elites in a cabin you should get two set-ups. Seems quite unfair considering all the $ that have been spent to get this this status. If you were to get the two set-ups if you choose to you could trade for a coffee cards or wine, only seems fair.

Yes, if you earned it you should get it. :cool:

I often trade the whole thing for sprite zero, which is a terrible value.

One of the best values is 2 coffee cards. But, we currently have 8

cards on hand, and I have two cruises upcoming...

I'm glad this is my most serious problem!

Not to hijack your thread, but you could sell your extra coffee cards on ebay. I bought two for our upcoming cruise. They were $22ea free shipping. He put them in a envelope with a stamp mailed to my house. Paid with paypal. Picked up that tip here on another thread. FYI :D

I know this is for the punches only. Not interested in the regular coffee and tea I know you get when you buy the card on board. So this is perfect for a lot of people.

Cheers and Happy Sailing!!!

Edited by PekingeseLady

I had considered buying the mini-bar set up and bringing it home for a friend, she also drinks water during working hours (Home Help in the Community Health Service here) so will ask her if she would prefer the alcohol and soda, or 8 x 1.5l of water, which I understand is an option for exchanging.

I am not sure why you would want to spend over $70 for a setup that would cost significantly less on land and then trade it in for bottles of soda and water that retail on land for less than $10 and then take those bottles off the ship to bring to a friend.

Unless you want to consume these beverages on the ship yourself, there is no reason to purchase them on board.

If you are determined to bring soda and water from the ship to your friend, there is no reason to purchase the higher priced alcohol first. Just order cans of water and soda.

We did basically B2B2B cruises in January, and traded items on our first and second cruises, but by the third cruise, we had so much left over (and we alway get the soda stickers too) that we decided to try to exchange the entire mini bar for a bottle of wine. This was on the Crown, and we were told it was not an option.

Sorry to hear that. On our January 2015 btb on the Crown, we had no problem switching out minibar set ups for wine. We had a total of 4 minibars (elite and suite on each leg) and we traded in 3 for 3 bottles of wine. It fits my adage about Princess, "the only consistency is inconsistency."

I have found by the end of some of these btbs, in suites or not, we have more mini bottles of alcohol than we can use because we like to drink in the ship bars rather than in our room. So we either give them to the steward or shlep them home if we're driving rather than flying.

I totally agree, each Elite in a cabin should receive a mini bar set up. I have traveled with a friend who was Elite also and we had to share. Not really fair since each Elite did earn the perk - not the cabin. :rolleyes:

Will this list be available in your suite?

The only time I have gotten the list was on the Grand around South America two years ago. It was a b2b2b with about 1000 Elites on the whole way. At the end of the first two legs, we got a form listing all the options. We selected our choices and returned the form. It eliminated the need to have room service back to do the exchange as on other cruises.

Elite Mini-Bar

Question: What will my mini-bar consist of?

Answer: Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1 per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each of Cognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ounce bottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

Question: What if I have a specific request for how I’d like my mini-bar stocked?

Answer: Your mini-bar will consist of a selection of liquors, soft drinks, beer, still and sparkling water. Once on board, you may contact Room Service to change your mini-bar selection. Certain restrictions apply.

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for wine?

Answer: You may exchange all of your mini-bar items for one bottle of wine. You can choose one of the following:

Chardonnay Kendall-Jackson

Sauvignon Blanc Nobilo

Cabernet Sauvignon Kendall-Jackson

Pinot Noir Robert Mondavi.

Unwooded Chardonnay, Kendall Jackson (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)

Wyndhams, Bin 444 Cabernet Sauvignon (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)

Brown Brothers, Shiraz (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for full bottles of liquor?

Answer: No. Miniature bottles of liquor (50 ml) may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other miniature bottles.

Question: Can I exchange the non-alcoholic items in my Elite mini-bar for alcohol?

Answer: No. Non-alcoholic beverages may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other non- alcoholic varieties.

Question: What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?

Answer: If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will be happy to exchange your mini- bar for one of the following:

Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards

All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water.

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/contactUs.page#elite_mini-Bar

The only time I have gotten the list was on the Grand around South America two years ago. It was a b2b2b with about 1000 Elites on the whole way. At the end of the first two legs, we got a form listing all the options. We selected our choices and returned the form. It eliminated the need to have room service back to do the exchange as on other cruises.

I didn't get a list but at the end of the 1st cruise of a b2b called room service to request 2 coffee cards for the 2nd cruise. They gladly did that which saves them time by not having to bring a complete setup & then remove it for coffee cards.

If I were you, I would try and use the mini-bar onboard in a way

you enjoy. Let it enhance your experience.

The liquor miniatures and soft drinks can be duplicated on shore

for much, much less than the princess onboard prices.

For instance, a can of soda on land might cost $0.30, vs. $2.00 on

the ship.

Soft drinks are about $0.50 on special certainly, but I can't get all the exact brands Princess Cruises use, only found Beefeater's Gin.

Have tried several online bottle shops, searching specifically for alcohol miniatures, and no luck. My friend may prefer the water option, I will ask her. The price variation I DID find was about $2, which IS a great help with my budgeting-guesstimating at $9 a bottle so I'm well and truly covering the cost.

She's a loyal friend, who has asked for all the information and photos I can get my hands and camera onto when I get back.

I have budgeted (am on the Golden Princess, and supposedly no All-Inclusive Bar Package on the Australian Ships!) Thank goodness for Cruise Critic, I just looked at the spreadsheet created by a member, and made calculations on what I liked the sound of, so I can save that money and have as many costs as possible covered.

Crochetcruise :cool:

Hi,

Will be taking my first cruise as Elite and have a question about the bar set up.

The cruise is a 14 day Caribbean (two 7 days). If we book as a 14 day is there just one bar set up? If we book as two 7 days, do we get 2 bar set ups?

Thanks

Debr

Hi,

Will be taking my first cruise as Elite and have a question about the bar set up.

The cruise is a 14 day Caribbean (two 7 days). If we book as a 14 day is there just one bar set up? If we book as two 7 days, do we get 2 bar set ups?

Thanks

Debr

Yes, even when booking as a longer cruise when it's possible as a b2b we've received 2 minibars. :D

Edited by Astro Flyer

Yes. One mini-bottle can be exchanged for one beer. But not the other way

We were able to switch the two Dos Equis beers for two more Beefeater gins three times on the Ruby last years.

I was not expecting it but when I called to swap all the alcohol for Beefeaters Room Service asked do you want to swap the Dos Equis as well? I said that I was not aware that beer could be swapped for liquor and they said the alcohols were all interchangeable.

So at the end of our B2B I ended up with 20 miniature Beefeater gins.:D

Mike:)