Radiance Class JS Deck 10 Under Windjammer (1086)

Have read a few posts complaining about noise from the JS rooms on deck 10 of the Radiance class ships.

Specifically looking at JS 1086 - any comments?

We have been in an aft cabin on deck 10 twice and have not noticed too much noise from the Windjammer. Once in a while we could hear some chairs being "scooted" across the deck, but I would think the loction you have chosen would be even quieter since you would probably be under the part that is carpeted.

Have read a few posts complaining about noise from the JS rooms on deck 10 of the Radiance class ships.

Did a quick search and found a few posts commenting on some noise above 1086.

We were in 1088 on Serenade in January and heard quite a few cars rolling over tile floor every day and well past midnight every night - I found it quite annoying, and it was one of the biggest drawbacks of the cruise for us. That said, we had been under the WJ on Voyager in 1688 last year and never heard a thing... I think the big difference on Serenade was that this was under the tiled portion that was a cart pathway :(

This thread reminded me of an experience my friends had on a Princess cruise in the Med. They booked three mini suites for their family for a special occasion cruise and discovered the first night they were under the ping pong table!!! Customer service could not or would not do anything. They did get a credit for a future cruise but it was a drop in the bucket compared to what they had spent. I guess Buyer Beware and ask lots of questions!!!

never had a issue in 1600 it was quiet from windjammer, though it may be more noisy depending on sailing, we did a northern european sailing which allowed less people to eat outside especially in the morning, though a warmer sailing may have a little more noise, but in my opinion not bad

we were once under the Concierge Lounge & heard loud noises from something--never could pin it down-- it was not too bad but we generally book on decks that are neither under or over anything but another stateroom...

We had this cabin (#1086). We did hear the rolling carts in the early morning (5 am-ish and late at night around midnight). The noise was not horrendous, but kind of annoying especially at those hours. The noise usually lasted for about 30-45 mins. and was intermittent during this time. Cabin #1086 is under the tiled portion of the Windjammer. I think a JS more forward under the carpeted section would probably be less noisy. I would book #1086 again if it was all that was available.

BTW, we heard absolutely NO noise at all from the hallway ! So much for rubber stamp posts.

Hope you have wonderful cruise!

• 3 weeks later...
We had this cabin (#1086). We did hear the rolling carts in the early morning (5 am-ish and late at night around midnight). The noise was not horrendous, but kind of annoying especially at those hours. The noise usually lasted for about 30-45 mins. and was intermittent during this time. Cabin #1086 is under the tiled portion of the Windjammer. I think a JS more forward under the carpeted section would probably be less noisy. I would book #1086 again if it was all that was available.

BTW, we heard absolutely NO noise at all from the hallway ! So much for rubber stamp posts.

Hope you have wonderful cruise!

We were just 'upgraded' from a great balcony on the Jewel to this exact JS, 1086. Now I am concerned about the noise...you don't sound too terribly negative about it, but what a bummer.

We were just 'upgraded' from a great balcony on the Jewel to this exact JS, 1086. Now I am concerned about the noise...you don't sound too terribly negative about it, but what a bummer.

Our stay in this cabin was also an upgrade from a balcony! Hmmmmm! Don't be overly concerned about the noise. As I said it was annoying, but not a total dealbreaker, IMO. I am a very light sleeper and it bothered me much more than DH who is a much more sound sleeper. The JS is a real treat, so enjoy!

Archived