Which would you rather do?

cs

Which would you rather do?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather do?

• Older ship, new itinerary
    • New ship, older itinerary
    • Other

If most things were identical (price, location, dates), which would you rather do?

An older ship, still in good condition, with a brand new itinerary.

A Brand new ship with an itinerary that you like but have done a few times before?

It would be the new ship for me. The ships are my main attraction and would try out all of them if I could afford it. Will be going on our fourth cruise in Nov. and all on different ships. Destinations are fun but second on my deci:D:Dsions.

I guess the results says it all. I still want to do Oasis class and Solstice class along with Radiance which we have never done, but I want some new stops more than that. I'd love some of the other islands in Eastern Caribbean such as Nevis, St. Kitts, Brittish Virgins, Grenada, etc. Along with a run up the California coast, San Diego, L.A., San Fran. and all the way up to Oregon and Seattle, with Wine country side excursions etc.:D

If most things were identical (price, location, dates), which would you rather do?

An older ship, still in good condition, with a brand new itinerary.

A Brand new ship with an itinerary that you like but have done a few times before?

To me that's kind of like asking, "Is it furthar to Chicago, or by bus?"

It depends on WHICH ship - not whether it is old or new.

There are some we Love (new and old) and some we don't like (mostly new megaships)

And it would depend on WHICH itenerary - not old or new.

Itinerary wins every time for me.

Same here. I cruise not for the new bells and whistles, but to relax and explore new places. Until we retire, we must also work around vacation schedules.

We usually don't do very much in port--if we're going to really experience some place, we'll spend longer than a day there. Therefore, I'd rather have a ship that has a lot of "stuff" on it. I loved Liberty, but didn't love the ports of call. Normally I don't like sea days, but they were great on Liberty.

Unfortunately, the OP left out the "don't care" option. We pick when we can go, how long can we be gone, then pick a ship that's going to be gone that long, it it happens to stop somewhere, great, may or may not get off the ship, if it doesn't stop anywhere, darn. We sailed Grandeur last November for 14 nights (repo). The only two places we got off the ship were Curacao and Aruba.

I would take an older ship on a brand new itinerary. First, I love visiting new ports. Second, the newer (larger) ships don't have much appeal to me. So for me, it would be a win-win.

Personally, I'd love to see RCCL offer some 10 day sailings.

Archived