Find a cruise deal to share with us.

The best deals we have found have been from the Cruise Lines web sites.

We just put a watch on cruises we are interested in and monitor the prices.

When one clicks in with a price drop , we just go to the nearest TA,

say click on this page...

thats what we will accept.

Book it .

I said "Discuss" - there are NO restrictions on anybody discussing deals or any other matter .( except for perhaps, sex, politics and religion?? :) )

Barry

So why mention it here Barry.....in fact it's not the first time...and whats wrong with the restrictions we don't pay to access this massive goldmine of a website which i wouldn't imagine to be that cheap to run.....Advertisers pay good money for exclusivity nothing wrong with that....the info we get for free - priceless...

Back to the sponsors...................

I agree with you - this is a great international Forum on cruising. Forums are meant to disseminate information and two here have asked these questions/made these statements within this thread.

"I think it's an excellent idea to share super specials around. What's the saying..." many hands (heads) make light work".

What we need now is a private message feature on CC to get the names of agents."

"I am with you Anna I find the restrictions painful...perhaps another solution is to form some cruise clubs around Australia."

I have not pointed anybody towards any particular website - just indicated that there are ADDITIONAL options available. The Internet is a BIG world - there are lots of resources available. This site is a good one - and one of many available.

If we really want to discuss the advertising side of this Forum, I get quite a number of emails from sites associated with this Forum - no problem to me - however, I live in Australia and most/all of the advertising material sent is of no use to me. Very unfortunate- but that is the situation.

Barry

Well - I am sure that you all know there IS another place where you can go to discuss cruise deals - with NO restrictions.

Barry

I can't navigate my way around that site

So busy , it's like epileptic/neon info tec let loose

Just too over the top and too many flashy ads,sections etc for this simple old girl

...perhaps another solution is...... I have not pointed anybody towards

Barry

ROFL :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: priceless Barry.........if don't chat before you head for England have a great time...hey did u book standard or superior hotels...bit like the cruiseline class system:p ...we are heading home soon for a short season woohoo love london....

Just too over the top and too many flashy ads,sections etc for this simple old girl

If it is the OZ? site i'm thinking of too I agree with you Didi. While the intention of the site is great, it could be condensed and made a bit more users friendly. There are way too many topic categories for the number of posts for a start.

:):)

Shiona

Staying with son in London (Isle of Dogs) for a few weeks -and driving around West Country and Wales for 3 weeks. While driving - staying in various Travelodge hotels for 20 nights at an average of $15 UKP per room per night. Yes - that's right - no mistake! For the first time in 30 years, UK holidays are CHEAP!!!!

Barry

If it is the OZ? site i'm thinking of too I agree with you Didi. While the intention of the site is great, it could be condensed and made a bit more users friendly. There are way too many topic categories for the number of posts for a start.

:):)

I was beginning to think it was only me

Sometimes the geeks that design things get carried away and believe all those using the site have the skills amd knowledge of a geek.

Same thing happemds with work programs- its like you are expected to know what the geek was thinking at the time. They are oblivious to KISS .

Di ( always look on the simple side of life)

I agree - I am not particularly keen on the way the site is laid out - too many sub-forums. But there are different ways of looking at things - and that is the way they want to do it (for their own reasons)

BUT - there is a "feature" that makes things a lot easier for me to navigate the site. It is a button called "Recent posts" - which can only be seen if you are logged into the site. As a regular peruser of that site (as I am also for this one) , this feature allows me to easily follow threads that I am interested in - and ignore others. Occasionally I will visit a particular sub-forum for a particular reason and that can be done from the front page..

All websites have their good and bad points . This one here has it's good points - but unfortunately, also it's bad points. Same as the other one. I have no particular loyalty to either :)

Barry

I agree - I am not particularly keen on the way the site is laid out - too many sub-forums. But there are different ways of looking at things - and that is the way they want to do it (for their own reasons)

BUT - there is a "feature" that makes things a lot easier for me to navigate the site. It is a button called "Recent posts" - which can only be seen if you are logged into the site. As a regular peruser of that site (as I am also for this one) , this feature allows me to easily follow threads that I am interested in - and ignore others. Occasionally I will visit a particular sub-forum for a particular reason and that can be done from the front page..

All websites have their good and bad points . This one here has it's good points - but unfortunately, also it's bad points. Same as the other one. I have no particular loyalty to either :)

Barry

I agree with you Barry. Each site has its good points. However, for information on overseas travel this site beats the other hands down. Maybe in time if members on the other site ever venture out of their comfort zone (ie Aust/Nz) maybe there will be information available. At the moment though it is so much better getting first hand information from people who have actually been to these places or live there.

This is of course if you actually want to travel overseas :D

Ditto that . I like the user friendly sites too. Totally unrelated, but I also like the layout of the Woolworths supermarket. I only shop there because of the wide, clutterless aisles and they never change their product layout.

Cheers,

Anna

Ditto that . I like the user friendly sites too. Totally unrelated, but I also like the layout of the Woolworths supermarket. I only shop there because of the wide, clutterless aisles and they never change their product layout.

Woolworths do rearrange their stores; one near me has singificantly reorganised 3 times in the past 10 years, and I'm still confused over where to find things after their last substantial rearrangement a couple of years back.

As for clutter, it must be the times we shop as I'm very disappointed that they have so much clutter and packing/unpacking when shopping - some aisles it's impossible to see whole sections of stock as they're all obscured by boxes. I remember the days when they used to do packing overnight so that shopping wasn't interrupted, but now they do it during trading hours and it's a mess, plus you have to wait for shelf stackers to move their trolleys through.

Anyway, back to the regular schedule :D

I am one of those nightfill shelf packers.I work 9p.m to 4a.m.The problem is that the stores are open for longer.The Woolworths I work for is open from 7a.m to midnight.Woolies don't want to pay the penalty rates of 30% after midnight so in a lot of stores the managers will try and get Nightfill out of the door at midnight.It is all about packing rates and saving as much money as possible so as the higher ups get their bonus.

Most of us are friendly so if you need help please ask:)

Specials for our NZ Cruisers....

Deals are starting to come out now for Pacific Pearls season in NZ.

Quite a good selection from 3 day Food and Wine cruises,

to Island Escapes and Queensland Coastal cruising...

all from and return to Auckland.

They will be on P&OAu site, but if you check around some of the TA's are offering extras.

Shiona

Staying with son in London (Isle of Dogs) for a few weeks -and driving around West Country and Wales for 3 weeks. While driving - staying in various Travelodge hotels for 20 nights at an average of $15 UKP per room per night. Yes - that's right - no mistake! For the first time in 30 years, UK holidays are CHEAP!!!!

Barry

We have been Travelodge Tragics for years......got their 9GBP special for us at Heathrow and Edinburgh...:D:D.....their newsletter is one i look forward to.....we also love the Little Chef restaurants a lot of them have attached to them....another great bargain i managed to get recently was British Airways Edinburgh to Rome for 245.00AUD for the two of us.....

think it's time to buy another house over there......;) but don't tell John i said that..........cheers Shiona

I saw this and thought it pretty interesting fly/cruise to the Med starting in Rome and ending in Venice...sigh

Apparently an older small ship Aegean Odyysey only 360 pax but completely refitted etc. All excursions, drinks with dinner, overnight excursion to Luxor..sounds great including return flights with Emerites $4999 ex Syd. 14 nights

09 Aug 2010

Fly Aust to Rome, checkin hotel

10 Aug 2010

checkout hotel, embark Aegean Odyssey

Cruise Itinerary

10 Aug 2010Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy

7.00pm

11 Aug 2010

Sorrento, Italy

7.00am

overnight

12 Aug 2010

Salerno, Italy

2.00pm

7.00pm

13 Aug 2010

Palermo, Sicily. IT

9.30pm

overnight

14 Aug 2010

Palermo, Sicily. IT

overnight

15 Aug 2010

Palermo, Sicily. IT

Midnight

16 Aug 2010

Trapani, Italy

7.00am

overnight

17 Aug 2010

Agrigento, Sicily

1.00pm

8.00pm

18 Aug 2010

Syracuse, Sicily. IT

7.00am

Midnight

19 Aug 2010

Taormina, Sicily

6.00am

Midnight

20 Aug 2010

At sea

21 Aug 2010

Split, Croatia

9.00pm

overnight

22 Aug 2010

Split, Croatia

1.00pm

23 Aug 2010

Venice, Italy

7.30am

overnight

24 Aug 2010

Venice, Italy

24 Aug 2010

Fly Venice back to Australia

Specials for our NZ Cruisers....

Deals are starting to come out now for Pacific Pearls season in NZ.

Quite a good selection from 3 day Food and Wine cruises,

to Island Escapes and Queensland Coastal cruising...

all from and return to Auckland.

They will be on P&OAu site, but if you check around some of the TA's are offering extras.

David can we book cruises through NZ T/A's in NZ dollars from Oz do you know?

Jillybean:)

This is my deal I found.

Sun Princess 31 May 2010 or 08 July 2010 or from Fremantle return 21 days Asia itinerary starting from A$3049.00 inside only A$145pp per day. With A$200.00 per cabin OBC. This is from a local online T/A.

Jillybean:)

heres a couple of tasters

14 ntghts singapore to singapore $1289 us each costa sailing 15.05.2010

20 nights hong kong to japan seaborn down from $25200 to $5999 us each sailing 03.06.2010

or 15 nights singapore to bejing $1379 us costa

Just booked a good deal to New Zealand Sun Princess 13 night 25 January 2011 for $1879 plus $200 per cabin OBC plus will use FCC for extra $75 ea OBC. Obviously this is an inside cabin but that does'nt bother us. as they say any cabin is good as long as you are on the ship!!!. Did the same cruise this past Feb for quite a lot more for an inside cabin.Robin

I thought we got a great deal on Rhapsody leaving Sydney 13 Jan 2011. 9 nights, $1045 ea. Quad, inside cabin. We do prefer outside cabins but for that price and the extra special time we spend in our cabin sleeping, we thought it was a great deal.

Cant wait to see what we've heard is one beautiful ship.

Archived