Ocean Princess - Cabin Advise

tcdcruiser

I think there is a third and a fourth scenario here also.

First, the two you posted.

The one with the metal at the bottom looks like a mini on deck 8. I have a picture hanging on my wall in my office which depicts this balcony, so I'm pretty familiar with it.

Then the other one looks like a balcony cabin on deck 6 or 7, not midship deck 7.

Then the other ones:

The third option is what DrivesLikeMario is talking about. These are midships on deck 7 and are like the minis, except the white steel part goes up farther. There are still railings, but fewer than on the mini.

Then there are the aft balconies, which seem to be mostly steel, but I don't have a picture of those.

Here is the pic I have of the mini balcony. I think that the balconies on deck 7 midships will have one fewer railing than this, replaced by steel. The child in the picture was a little more than 2 1/2 feet tall at the time the picture was taken.

We didn't have a problem with the amount of solid wall on the balcony in the mini. I'm not sure whether another six or eight inches of steel would matter too much, but it is certainly a consideration, especially if you're not very tall.

56318659_PB023539-fullinit_.jpg.1d8bc312775553d7c9b9077bf7e93453.jpg

TCDcruiser do you have any pictures showing the forward lifeboat area? I'm sailing on the Royal and have booked obstructed cabin 6030 and it looks like an open area with a zodiak type boat outside it. Trying to find and photo of this area

I think there is a third and a fourth scenario here also.

First, the two you posted.

The one with the metal at the bottom looks like a mini on deck 8. I have a picture hanging on my wall in my office which depicts this balcony, so I'm pretty familiar with it.

Then the other one looks like a balcony cabin on deck 6 or 7, not midship deck 7.

Then the other ones:

The third option is what DrivesLikeMario is talking about. These are midships on deck 7 and are like the minis, except the white steel part goes up farther. There are still railings, but fewer than on the mini.

Then there are the aft balconies, which seem to be mostly steel, but I don't have a picture of those.

Here is the pic I have of the mini balcony. I think that the balconies on deck 7 midships will have one fewer railing than this, replaced by steel. The child in the picture was a little more than 2 1/2 feet tall at the time the picture was taken.

We didn't have a problem with the amount of solid wall on the balcony in the mini. I'm not sure whether another six or eight inches of steel would matter too much, but it is certainly a consideration, especially if you're not very tall.

I agree that the picture on the left (on the comparison) does not look like the midship Deck 7 balcony cabins - at least from what I've seen and heard. Either way, if it doesn't bother you then it's not a big deal - just something to be aware of. I really like the way the metal railings go all the way down on the picture on the right in the comparison and that's just a personal preference. ;)

I've put these images side-by-side for the comparison.

The exterior image is from Carbill. I've grossly enlarged the image, but you can now count the bars.

The interior shots are from Princess.com, I just cut and combined the images into a single image. You can count the bars on the interior shots also.

Regarding the Royal Princess question, I'll look about for an image. You can usually find something at webshots, flickr, or just google/images.

1260296595_AnotherImage.jpg.404e231d8e9e9d0cfaa2356b257399d9.jpg

817905108_OceanPrincessBalconyCompare.jpg.b08f5f3b5e4c46af803380f3d15a8d26.jpg

We are in an AFT cabin 7116 on the Ocean. Does this cabin have full metal on its balcony. I love to sit and look at the water.

We just got off Ocean Princess Asian cruise couple weeks ago and were in aft cabin 7121. It is quite a bit deeper than regular balconies but they do have a full metal piece instead of the plexiglass that you see on the balconies on the side of the ship. We would have preferred the glass railings (for the view) but I don't think it really detracted (for us) from the experience. The motion wasn't an issue but we weren't really in any huge waves and the ship has stabilizers. Very quiet location on the ship.

Most balcony cabins on the "little sisters" have a love seat so there is s place for two people to sit asite from on the bed. The cabins marked as connecting cabins have single chairs to avoid blocking the connecting doors.

Archived