New Carnival Policy

Woobstr112G

Here is Carnival's new prohibited items policy. I wonder if it will trickle down to princess.....:confused::confused::confused:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3869

Bob

God... I hope not. I might actually have to re-consider cruising. My hair will not cooperate without my flat iron. And if I use a weaker blow dryer than the one I have, it will honestly take at least 2 times as long to dry my hair (with my expensive, professional dryer it takes 20 minutes; with lesser dryers, including store-bought ones like Conair, it takes at least 40 minutes). With the ship's dryer, I'd probably spend over an hour just trying to make my hair look semi decent. And air-drying isn't an option, since my hair turns out looking like I've slept in it (and had nightmares) when it air-dries. Not even putting it in a pony-tail works. Unless I've tamed it, it still sticks out all over the place and looks like a mess.

I refuse to go on vacation looking like I just got attacked by a tornado. So, if Princess wants to ban my tools for making myself look presentable (in a reasonable amount of time), I'll switch to a cruiseline that does, or stop cruising. It's that important to me.

All this may do is give them the right to remove patently dangerous objects from rooms. It's not clear that this is any form of police action as much as it is a message to be careful with all of your electrical items.

Cell phones and camera's?

Somebody is kidding right?

Gramps

I "think" they are including these items just to cover all the bases, and I can't imagine a scenario where they will remove them from someone, unless they are using them to create some kind of security/safety issue.

Mike

You do not want to see me unless I have used a curling iron on my hair!

I can certainly understand the concern for safety, but there are items not listed that are equal to or exceed the hazards presented by hair dryers, curling irons, etc. They don't make you look presentable and emit a very bad odor.

Shirley

Please remember that Carnival Cruise Line is an "independent" cruise line owned by Carnival Corporation... so there would be no "trickle down" to Princess...it'd be "trickle across". :p What CCL does with their ships really has no bearing on what Princess will do...

I can certainly understand the concern for safety, but there are items not listed that are equal to or exceed the hazards presented by hair dryers, curling irons, etc. They don't make you look presentable and emit a very bad odor.

Uh-oh. Don't give them any ideas. I don't want them to ban my husband after he eats Mexican food. :p

I sure hope Princess doesn't do this, their reasons sound flimsy to me, really stupid. I must have my hi powered hair dryer, don't travel anywhere without it. That means I won't cruise without it.

It looks to me like Carnival's giving themselves an out if the steward does feel like a

maze of extension cords etc. is a fire hazard. Some people do plug more than one

thing into a power strip or extension cord, and if it's a case of high electricity use, there

could be a fire hazard. I notice it says cameras, cell phones can be used with caution.

That doesn't say you can't use them. If you read through the entire thing, it would only

adversely affect a few unwise people.

Archived