Bon Voyage World Cruisers 2010 ( thats better )

Gaznjo

I think one of the bloggers told me that in safaga all those booked with memphis got a full refund ( lucky )

any tours that want money up front i would not be interested in... as tempting as they are.... what happened yesterday makes me worry...

thats why i love the cruise critic port pages as they are a real wealth of information

I would doubt that the British Health Inspectors would be too upset about a free 6 day cruise to the US - plus accommodation there and a return flight home, all at the taxpayers expense.

Barry

[quote name='Australian family']So we're looking down the barrel of a week at sea! People are really annoyed - especially some people who were supposed to get off in Dublin (British Health inspectors, people who had weddings to attend in Dublin, etc).In 7 days we'll be in Boston, USA[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Blue"]This comment brings up another scenario..
Entry into the US usually requires a face to face with officials.
There were probably customs and immigration staff waiting in Dublin to board,
so that everyone could be processed at lesuire as they crossed the Atlantic.
When they get to Boston, they will have to do it all in the one morning.:mad:
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='bazzaw']I would doubt that the British Health Inspectors would be too upset about a free 6 day cruise to the US - plus accommodation there and a return flight home, all at the taxpayers expense.
Barry[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Blue"]Fully agree Barry...
How do you get a job like that?:D:D[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Kiwi Kruzer'][SIZE=2][COLOR=blue]This comment brings up another scenario..[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=blue]Entry into the US usually requires a face to face with officials.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=blue]There were probably customs and immigration staff waiting in Dublin to board, [/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=blue]so that everyone could be processed at lesuire as they crossed the Atlantic.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=blue]When they get to Boston, they will have to do it all in the one morning.:mad:[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[/quote]

David did sheree say last year that disembarkation took ages in hawaii because of immigration.... let me find it

"We've just sailed into Honolulu between 6 and 7 am this morning, some early sun still to rise pics! The queue for US immigration is as long as the ship so we’re not anticipating getting off before the next hour, so its off to the bar for one of those tequila sunrises for Sir Ken and I!"

so maybe they didn't board till that morning...

[quote name='packetau']David did sheree say last year that disembarkation took ages in hawaii because of immigration.... let me find it
"We've just sailed into Honolulu between 6 and 7 am this morning, some early sun still to rise pics! The queue for US immigration is as long as the ship so we’re not anticipating getting off before the next hour, so its off to the bar for one of those tequila sunrises for Sir Ken and I!"
so maybe they didn't board till that morning...[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Blue"]When you travel...
nothing is set in stone.
Thats why you have to be flexible,
and research and prepare for any eventuality.

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='packetau']they are due into dublin tomorrow on the 16th...[B]the rough seas wouldn't stop them... would it.[/B]....... eek if this is rough imagine what the atlantic is like LOL... a good initation for all the new passengers LOL[/QUOTE]

Who would have thought!

Jillybean

[I]Imagine the chaos if it was a big disembarkation/embarkation port they couldn't get into for some reason.[/I]

Imagine if it was Brisbane on 06 Nov 2010!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Barry

Re DP missing Dublin, couple of other rumours on board.
1. Ships tours from London were over two hours late getting back to Southampton, thus they 'missed the tide' at Dublin Harbour.

2. DP stll has engine trouble and cannot go full speed, thus an extra day was needed to cross the Atlantic to keep up with itinerary schedule.

Who knows ?

[quote name='NSWP']Re DP missing Dublin, couple of other rumours on board.
1. Ships tours from London were over two hours late getting back to Southampton, thus they 'missed the tide' at Dublin Harbour. [COLOR=magenta]They should have flown those passengers to Dublin.[/COLOR]

2. DP stll has engine trouble and cannot go full speed, thus an extra day was needed to cross the Atlantic to keep up with itinerary schedule. [COLOR=magenta]If that is the case, that is not good, and princess should be giving the passengers an onboard credit for missing Dublin.[/COLOR]

Who knows ?[/quote]

:):):)

this is part of the blog and not very happy people and no compensation

[B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Well the rumour mill is working overtime regarding our missed port of Dublin!! The Captain said it was due to strong winds but that was a bit difficult to accept as it was quite calm outside. We were supposed to have 15 hours there so everyone is wondering why we could not have "hung around" for a couple of hours to see if the weather improved. The latest theory is that Princess had forgot to book a berth at the dock!! Anyway the hard luck stories are really sad....one couple on their honeymoon, the guy hopped off at Southampton to visit family then was flying to Dublin to catch the ship!!!..another poor lady boarded in Southampton and her sister was meeting her at Dublin with all the luggage...no clothes till Boston so I gave her some clothes to wear till then....we had The Beatles Celebration group who were due to leave us in Dublin...they are still on hurrah as they are great but they were due at various functions and many many more people are in the same predicament. So our Captain is not a popular man at the moment. There will be no compensation on this missed port as it was due to a "safety" reason. However we are just moving on and not letting it get to us. We now have USA to look forward to. The weather is lousy too but every day should get a little better we hope[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

Another couple of DP rumours by E mail:

Several Aussie pax got off at Southampton to fly home, even though they were booked on the entire 104 day voyage - they had had enough.

The DP will run out of food and beer before they reach Boston because they were supposed to restock from a container at Dublin.

Crikey, it is getting worse.

[quote name='NSWP']Crikey, it is getting worse.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Blue"]Oh deary me..
Does not sound like a happy ship:eek:
Unfortunately once rumours start , they are very hard to stop.
It also shows how missing a port can set off a chain reaction ...
eg , running out of supplies.:rolleyes:
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Kiwi Kruzer'][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Blue"]Oh deary me..
Does not sound like a happy ship:eek:
Unfortunately once rumours start , they are very hard to stop.
It also shows how missing a port can set off a chain reaction ...
eg , running out of supplies.:rolleyes:
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]
Hi David, sure gives them something to talk about in the 6-7 day Atlantic crossing ! LOL.

No doubt the Beatles tribute band still on board, having been unable to get off in Dublin, might be wishing they had that 'yellow submarine.' LOL.

Well 104 days straight IS a long time to be on a cruiseship. We are pleased with our trips coming up that we will have 19 days in England between outward and homeward bound legs. Although [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_NodR-QNx8&feature=player_embedded"]this[/URL] is what it was like at Christmas time last year where my son lives ( Greenwich) . It's going to be hard to take suitable clothing.

Barry

BAZZAW..Good one Barry, so after looking at the video of the snow at your son's lace, I will practice my karaoke for Star Princess, just for you old son..."I'm dreaming of a white Christmas."

PS..Looking forward to reading your blogs, hope they are as exciting as the current Dawn Princess ones !

[quote name='bazzaw']Well 104 days straight IS a long time to be on a cruiseship. We are pleased with our trips coming up that we will have 19 days in England between outward and homeward bound legs. Although [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_NodR-QNx8&feature=player_embedded"]this[/URL] is what it was like at Christmas time last year where my son lives ( Greenwich) . It's going to be hard to take suitable clothing.

Barry[/quote]

That is a great way to do a world cruise, 2 different ships, and having time in England.

At least you won't be bored with the one ship.

How did it compare price wise to doing the 2 cruises as to going on the Dawn Princess?

[quote name='NSWP']Another couple of DP rumours by E mail:

The DP will run out of food and beer before they reach Boston because they were supposed to restock from a container at Dublin.[/QUOTE]

That’s not good, running out off Food / beer!.

Their is going to be more unhappy people!, I guess this world cruse is not as lucky as past ones.

On our very first cruse on the Pacific Star, the ship ran out of wine / beer.

[I]How did it compare price wise to doing the 2 cruises as to going on the Dawn Princess?

[/I]I think it was similar . Cost us $12000 per person for the round trip for interior cabin, and I think the DP was around $16000?? BUT - their cruise is longer than ours (which is "only" 42 days each way). and we stop at less ports[I]. [/I]I am not sure we could have done the 104 days straight. ( Don't even know how we will go with this one!! :o)

[I]
Barry
[/I]

Archived