Bon Voyage World Cruisers 2010 ( thats better )

Gaznjo

Which website do you get that picture from?

Bit tricky, as the link is blocked on CC.

However try google with the words sea and scanner....

then play around with ships ...and when you get there ...current position.

If this is out of order Walt , please feel free to delete.

Phillip

I love your usage of the term "cougar infested spa pools" - the mere thought gives me the shudders! :p

It's times like this that I am glad to be old(ish) :D

Barry

Phillip

I love your usage of the term "cougar infested spa pools" - the mere thought gives me the shudders! :p

It's times like this that I am glad to be old(ish) :D

Barry

now barry it is all relative.... you still have to be careful or that Blue rinse set will be after you with their speeded up walkers!!

Something tells me that a world cruise is not the domain of todays Cougar...the gene pool may be a tad shallow......

Interestingly you may recall in my blog from '09 Captain advising us one morning they were looking for a passenger who had been missing for 12 hours..... it was the truth - I did not stretch the imagination..... it had us all talking and wondering what had happened throughout the day, lots of gossip as you can imagine. I remember thinking some poor old dear must have gone sleep walking through the night, he may have fallen overboard.....in fact I remember feeling quite concerned over my coffee for him, by lunchtime the Captain announced they had located the missing passenger - no other explanation but the word on the high seas was his 'missus' had woken up in the morning to find him missing from the bed... apparently she went to bed earlier than he..... he woke up rather late in someone else's cabin (we all assume female), unaware his wife had been running all round the ship with several officers looking for him.......... We were all amused as we figured it was some 'senior' gent.... I don't think his wife was so amused!

Something tells me that a world cruise is not the domain of todays Cougar...the gene pool may be a tad shallow......

Interestingly you may recall in my blog from '09 Captain advising us one morning they were looking for a passenger who had been missing for 12 hours..... it was the truth - I did not stretch the imagination..... it had us all talking and wondering what had happened throughout the day, lots of gossip as you can imagine. I remember thinking some poor old dear must have gone sleep walking through the night, he may have fallen overboard.....in fact I remember feeling quite concerned over my coffee for him, by lunchtime the Captain announced they had located the missing passenger - no other explanation but the word on the high seas was his 'missus' had woken up in the morning to find him missing from the bed... apparently she went to bed earlier than he..... he woke up rather late in someone else's cabin (we all assume female), unaware his wife had been running all round the ship with several officers looking for him.......... We were all amused as we figured it was some 'senior' gent.... I don't think his wife was so amused!

I would imagine that he was closely monitored after that.

"but some of the passengers who did not get visas before leaving Australia, are not permitted to leave the ship, even though they want to and have paid for excursions."

did you read this statement on one of the blogs.... it makes you cranky that travel agents or princess are not alittle diligent about ensuring people do this... as garry says these people probably have done the US forms either...

staying on board will not be a happy place today!!

joanne

"but some of the passengers who did not get visas before leaving Australia, are not permitted to leave the ship, even though they want to and have paid for excursions."

did you read this statement on one of the blogs.... it makes you cranky that travel agents or princess are not alittle diligent about ensuring people do this... as garry says these people probably have done the US forms either...

staying on board will not be a happy place today!!joanne

Thats just unbelievable.....

When we booked a cruise that called at India thats the first thing our TA said,

get your Visa for India.

Same thing when we got a quote for China. It all came back plus a fee for getting a visa if we wanted him to get it for us.

staying on board will not be a happy place today!!

joanne

That is terrible. Those passengers will not be happy! Why didn't Princess advise the passengers of this when booking, either via the Travel agent or to the individual, depending on how the booking was made, it is not as though it is the first time they have stopped at India.

Very sad also for the shop keepers at that port, as they are missing out on sales as well.

A PR disaster for Princess in more ways then one.

I think you will find when you read the small print that it is the passengers responsobility to get all neccesary documentation.

However I would have thought Princess would have asked or looked for it

when they checked in and took a copy of their passports.

You cant get on a plane without the correct visas these days.

A couple of times when flying on a one way ticket to join a cruise coming back home,

we have had to show our cruise documents before they would let us board.....

and the airline photocopied it so that they had a record:eek:.

the only place princess shows you what visa's you need at right at the bottom of the itinerary on the cruise personalizer.... some people probably dont even scroll down that far....

what about the ESTA for america.... I gather you need to do that too... but princess doesn't tell you at all...

As garry said even though we know we have to do it... he would be really cranky if the travel agent doesn't mention it at all...

Joanne

Phillip

"you still have to be careful or that Blue rinse set will be after you with their speeded up walkers!! "

I'm in training already - I'll be able to get away from them!

Barry

Thanks for the warning Barry. As you can see I've still got a lot to learn before getting on board! I also understand they use their walking aids to trip up people doing laps around the Promenade Deck...

Philip

Phillip

"you still have to be careful or that Blue rinse set will be after you with their speeded up walkers!! "

I'm in training already - I'll be able to get away from them!

Barry

Does anyone know how the ESTA works when you get to the US? When I applied for mine it said I didn't have to print out the confirmation, so I'm assuming it just pops up on their computer when they scan your passport. Is that correct?

Philip

what about the ESTA for america.... I gather you need to do that too... but princess doesn't tell you at all...

Joanne

Does anyone know how the ESTA works when you get to the US? When I applied for mine it said I didn't have to print out the confirmation, so I'm assuming it just pops up on their computer when they scan your passport. Is that correct?

Philip

They give a confirmation number so I'd take that down. We have done it before and it all worked OK. It does take quite a while to get all 2000 passengers cleared. I know we were quite late getting off the ship in Honolulu last year.

Archived