Bon Voyage World Cruisers 2010 ( thats better )

Gaznjo

Thanks so much for the pics Dave and thank you Joanne for all the super blogs !!!!!!!! I'm not sure if any of the bloggers are reading this thread - but if you are thank you so much for allowing to "tag along":D really enjoying it!

Jane

After this next cruise of ours (in November) , I have decided that we are not going to book cruises,trips, holidays 6 months or more out anymore!!!! :mad:

We waited 6 months for our last planned excitement - only to be stopped by the volcano, and now we have to wait another 6 months!!! :mad:

Nope - can't stand the hanging around anymore - waiting, waiting, waiting!!

From now on they will all be "Last minute" specials - wherever or whatever they are . I am always getting TA emails with good deals to places that I had not planned on going to. A week in Fiji - very nice . 10 days in the Cook Islands - lovely. 12 days on the Sun Princess out of Brisbane - thank you very much!!! All at late notice. (That last one may be wishful thinking, but I am sure you get my drift ) :)

Barry

Thanks so much for the pics Dave and thank you Joanne for all the super blogs !!!!!!!! Jane

Thanks Jane.

One of the things I like so much about this board is being able to share all our experiences,

and learn from each other.

We all have so much to share and enjoy with the cruises we have been on,

and the ones we are planning.

Its great to follow a World Cruise....

so lets hope we can all share this experience..

at least as a virtual cruise.

This is a great place to share the info that is coming from the blogs,

and also share anyones experience of the ports they have or will visit.

For some of us we think the places they are visiting are beyond our reach, but as time goes by ,

and we all get a little older,

doors open,

and cruising the world is now a reality for us down here.

Who would have thought that when we were all kids?

Thanks Jane.

One of the things I like so much about this board is being able to share all our experiences,

and learn from each other.

We all have so much to share and enjoy with the cruises we have been on,

and the ones we are planning.

Its great to follow a World Cruise....

so lets hope we can all share this experience..

at least as a virtual cruise.

This is a great place to share the info that is coming from the blogs,

and also share anyones experience of the ports they have or will visit.

For some of us we think the places they are visiting are beyond our reach, but as time goes by ,

and we all get a little older,

doors open,

and cruising the world is now a reality for us down here.

Who would have thought that when we were all kids?

And who would have thought that Maxwell Smart's shoe phone would be a reality one day with the mobile phone. Technology is great and having blogspots and people being able to share is great.

Kiwi you summed it up for us.

It is fantastic to take this journey with our friends onboard each has different views and pictures.

To see the world from our living room is great,every night i tune into all the bloggers as i did last year.

Who knows one day it will be me but for now im content doing my 17 days at sea and meanwhile thanks to all who are sharing their journey with us.

Min:)

The lovely Diane has asked if could put this link up here so you all can also enjoy her trip around the world.....

http://1worldcruise.blogspot.com/

she has some great photo's from the Cruise Critic Meet and Greet and there already some great friendships starting to form on this trip!!

enjoy

Joanne

great link, thanks, I know 3 on board, so I am one of the DP groupies following this one !

Thanks Joanne for keeping us updated with the blogs.

Just rewatched your fun "Slideshow Sun Princess Xmas Cruise 2009".

wait till after our world cruise ... garry has already started collection stuff for those DVD's... it will be a bigger production that the princess world cruise series....

joanne who is about to don the wet weather gear and go to her first state of origin ugg!!

wish I was on the dawn princess and watching it under the stars !!

wait till after our world cruise ... garry has already started collection stuff for those DVD's... it will be a bigger production that the princess world cruise series....

joanne who is about to don the wet weather gear and go to her first state of origin ugg!!

wish I was on the dawn princess and watching it under the stars !!

I was going to add that you had raised the benchmark for your world cruise, but I didn't want to put any pressure on you a year in advance. Looks like Garry has a head start already!

How was the State of Origin in the rain? Did they watch it under the stars on the ship? Now that would have been fun and dry!

How was the State of Origin in the rain? Did they watch it under the stars on the ship? Now that would have been fun and dry!

ugg! We didn't get wet as were fighting the vertigo up the back of the stands... to make up for it you are under cover the whole time... The only time it looked like it was raining was at the begining of the game...maybe a little more rain would have helped us LOL

I notice on the cam that they are heading into darwin harbour.... weather forcast is for on and off showers... though by the sounds of it most are making the trek to kmart to stock up on supplies LOL...

Joanne

ugg! We didn't get wet as were fighting the vertigo up the back of the stands... to make up for it you are under cover the whole time... The only time it looked like it was raining was at the begining of the game...maybe a little more rain would have helped us LOL

I notice on the cam that they are heading into darwin harbour.... weather forcast is for on and off showers... though by the sounds of it most are making the trek to kmart to stock up on supplies LOL...

Joanne

When a ship is in port in Darwin, the checkouts look like the atrium on board:D

Joanne

Sounds like you were in nose bleed territory!

You can tell I didn't last long watching the game!

You'll have a head start with your supply shopping by stocking up before you board in Sydney. Then you'll be able to spend your time in Darwin, on a tour, if you've been there before. I love Darwin BTW, our most Asian City.

They'd probably be glad to be out of the sunshine in Darwin. :)

Then you'll be able to spend your time in Darwin, on a tour, if you've been there before. I love Darwin BTW, our most Asian City.

They'd probably be glad to be out of the sunshine in Darwin. :)

I think i heard it will be 35 deg and raining... hmm nice and muggy LOL...

I have not been to darwin but Garry lived there for a while when he was young and worked for CBA/Westpac so we hope to hire a car maybe head out to litchfield park and drive around some of his old stomping grounds

joanne

I think i heard it will be 35 deg and raining... hmm nice and muggy LOL...

I have not been to darwin but Garry lived there for a while when he was young and worked for CBA/Westpac so we hope to hire a car maybe head out to litchfield park and drive around some of his old stomping grounds

joanne

Litchfield Park would be a good choice for a day tour from Darwin.

Litchfield Park would be a good choice for a day tour from Darwin.

I have noted that for the next time we are on a cruise that calls in there.:)

Do they do ships tours there?

or do you have to rely on getting a rental?

I have noted that for the next time we are on a cruise that calls in there.:)

Do they do ships tours there?

or do you have to rely on getting a rental?

I don't know David, as we don't do ship tours.

We disembarked from our cruise in Darwin, so hired a car and did a most enjoyable day trip to Litchfield Park.

Archived