New Posters Please!! :)

ekco

Had a look on Wikepedia at Akureyi and it looks nice enough, there's a photo of a cruise ship in the fjord. Not doing it for me though.

You'd better get a 5000 piece jigsaw in for next week, lol. There'll be nobody here.:D:D

Jan

Had a look on Wikepedia at Akureyi and it looks nice enough, there's a photo of a cruise ship in the fjord. Not doing it for me though.

You'd better get a 5000 piece jigsaw in for next week, lol. There'll be nobody here.:D:D

Jan

Yes, that's true, and I'm working my short week next week so am off all the way from Friday morning until next Wednesday night.

Berwyn

Training cancelled :D not enough attendees..to many peeps made excuses.

Sleep, I had enough yesterday after an afternoon on the medicine, fell asleep at 18 30 ish woke up at 21 00..had a cuppa and went to bed, woke up at 05 30 this morning :eek:

Just popped back for a cuppa, now off on another exciting job :rolleyes:

Hi,

I have a partial solution to the Vuvuzela problem. I watched the end of the Denmark/ Holland match to listen to the noise.

Turn the TV sound off and listen to commentary on BBC Radio 5.

the commentary volume seems quite a bit louder on the radio than the TV and the noise less intrusive.

Berwyn

Hi,

I have a partial solution to the Vuvuzela problem. I watched the end of the Denmark/ Holland match to listen to the noise.

Turn the TV sound off and listen to commentary on BBC Radio 5.

the commentary volume seems quite a bit louder on the radio than the TV and the noise less intrusive.

Berwyn

Just one flaw in that Berwyn, Alan Green, :eek::eek:. Nearly caught up, just got to go and stock up on dog food for when we're away.

You're probably right about not getting a word in so I do try not to post too often on the other threads. Trouble is no one else answers queries here, it's down to Berwyn then, lol.:D:D

Jan

Just one flaw in that Berwyn, Alan Green, :eek::eek:. Nearly caught up, just got to go and stock up on dog food for when we're away.

You're probably right about not getting a word in so I do try not to post too often on the other threads. Trouble is no one else answers queries here, it's down to Berwyn then, lol.:D:D

Jan

You've just got to decide which of the two is less irritating.

Berwyn

You've just got to decide which of the two is less irritating.

Berwyn

Well, we can't be that boring or no one would be viewing, lol.:D:D I thin that they think we're insane.;) Correct!!

Back from shops and the sun's just come out, pretty hot but too late now.:eek:

Jan

Well, we can't be that boring or no one would be viewing, lol.:D:D I thin that they think we're insane.;) Correct!!

Jan

You're not wrong there. :D

Been nice but cool here all day. That's the trouble living by the sea. We get warm and the cool sea breeze comes in.

Berwyn

Well, we can't be that boring or no one would be viewing, lol.:D I thin that they think we're insane.;) Correct!!

Back from shops and the sun's just come out, pretty hot but too late now.:eek:

Jan

My typing skills are all to cock today, can't spell either, lol.:eek: Must be off to the hot springs.:)

Jan

My typing skills are all to cock today, can't spell either, lol.:eek: Must be off to the hot springs.:)

Jan

If you hadn't have pointed it out I wouldn't have spotted it.

Too late for hot springs, we left at 2p.m. :D

That is unless you are doing the 2 day excursion and picking the ship back up in Rekyavik.

Berwyn

Not long now ... :D started to wind down at work...turned down O/T this weekend, they couldn't understand why???? I can :rolleyes: still doing 2 hours a day.

Jan will at this time be all packed and getting a sleeples night worrying :eek: that she will miss the plane.

If you hadn't have pointed it out I wouldn't have spotted it.

Too late for hot springs, we left at 2p.m. :D

That is unless you are doing the 2 day excursion and picking the ship back up in Rekyavik.

Berwyn

Oh no!! help! I've come out of the hot springs and it's so steamy I can't find the ship, then there's the ash cloud. It can't have gone, can it?:eek::eek: I'll have to walk overland to Rekyavik.:eek:

Jan

Not long now ... :D started to wind down at work...turned down O/T this weekend, they couldn't understand why???? I can :rolleyes: still doing 2 hours a day.

Jan will at this time be all packed and getting a sleeples night worrying :eek: that she will miss the plane.

I've starting piling things up on the spare bed, then I can go back and take stuff out. It's the shoes that's a problem for me, I have to take a lot because of my feet swelling. There's going to be a lot of mutton dressed as lamb next week, lol, and it's all going to be me :D. I bought a sun dress yesterday but getting it home it's definitely a 'garden in the sun' dress where no one can see me.:eek:

My cunning plan worked yesterday, I told my sons to get DH a formal white shirt for Fathers Day, for the gala dinner, which he was refusing to buy. Result! the only trouble was I told them the wrong collar size as I got mixed up with my late father-in-law. M&S though so no problem changing it, nice shirt with double cuff for cufflinks. He WILL be dragged kicking and screaming into his Tesco suit, ha, ha.;) Divorce is on the cards I think.

Jan

Cases all packed - still to weigh them though. Had to go out and buy bigger size clothes - taking 2 pairs of casual/dress sandles, 1 pair of trainers and 1 pair of flipflops - may take black shoes to go with 2 dressers I bought.

Got me Euros £££ for the duty free shop in Glasgow will have to hide the perfume I buy from hubby or my usual buy one get one free:eek: as I tell him :eek: - hope the next 2 days at work are problem free.

I'm like a wee kiddie on Christmas Eve - 3 more sleeps to go :D

Quick question - when I go ashore can I take a photocopy of my passport, rather than my passport (thinking of pickpockets here :eek: although don't try and steal from an English/Scottish wee wummin) would I need to get the copy of passport certified, which I can get done in work

I'm like a wee kiddie on Christmas Eve - 3 more sleeps to go :D

Quick question - when I go ashore can I take a photocopy of my passport, rather than my passport (thinking of pickpockets here :eek: although don't try and steal from an English/Scottish wee wummin) would I need to get the copy of passport certified, which I can get done in work

Where are you going? Unless it's to somewhere politically sensitive I wouldn't take my passport ashore. A photocopy is fine but I've never walked about anywhere abroad with my passport.:):) Thinking about it, when we were on the IE in the Canaries they kept the passports until we were about to leave the cruise.

Jan

Thanks for that Jan :)

Have a great time. I'm getting so overexcited I don't know what I'm going to do when I get back, hence the fantasy cruises, lol. You can come on the next one if you want but maybe not the Arctic, brrr, ;). Watch the flip-flops on deck I nearly went flying a couple of times in mine when it was a bit wet.

Jan

wasn't the vino then :D

No, that was the other time in the cabin. The one we don't talk about, lol. I actually had a cup of tea in my hand walking from A-B in just ordinary flip-flops and next thing I was nearly overboard.:eek:. A lesson learned, wear sandals with a bit of a grip on the sole.

Jan

Archived