Dress Code

We are going on the Voyager from Copenhagen to Stockholm in a couple of weeks. What is typical dress for dinner? Are ladies able to wear nice capris and a top? Can men wear khakis and a polo-type shirt? I am trying to limit the amount of clothing we bring. Any help would be appreciated.

Agree with Wendy -- particularly on a Baltic cruise. The word "capris" is making me wonder if mean long capris or the short ones. The ones that come to your knee (or right below) really are a bit too casual. Long pants are fine. There are a couple of nights when people tend to dress up. One is the night of the Captain's Reception (second night) and the Captain's Farewell. A dressy blouse for women and a nice long sleeved shirt for men will work. Some men will will dress up more, but, it isn't required.

Agree with above. I personally would not wear capris to dinner on the ship, unless perhaps in La Veranda, but probably not on a Baltic cruise. I took several cocktail dresses and some nice black pants with dressy tops. If you are wanting to limit luggage, I would just take the black pants and a few dressy tops.

For men, Khakis are fine. My husband doesn't wear polo shirts (make his tummy look too fat). He took several button down cotton shirts and a navy blazer and was just fine. You could omit the blazer if you want.

One is the night of the Captain's Reception (second night) and the Captain's Farewell.

I will be on the Voyager in the Baltic as well (the 11 July sailing from Stockholm). Is the Captain's Reception always on the 2nd night? And the Captain's Farewell is the last night I am presuming?

What time are they usually held? Is it a cocktail hour type thing or a dinner?

I haven't heard anything from Regent regarding these planned events, but would like to know so I can book (or re-book) any dinner reservations around these receptions (will probably have to do it on the boat, as dinner reservations are mostly full). Ironically, our two reservations for Signatures and P7 are the 2nd and last nights!

I will be on the Voyager in the Baltic as well (the 11 July sailing from Stockholm). Is the Captain's Reception always on the 2nd night? And the Captain's Farewell is the last night I am presuming?

What time are they usually held? Is it a cocktail hour type thing or a dinner?

I haven't heard anything from Regent regarding these planned events, but would like to know so I can book (or re-book) any dinner reservations around these receptions (will probably have to do it on the boat, as dinner reservations are mostly full). Ironically, our two reservations for Signatures and P7 are the 2nd and last nights!

The Captain's Reception is the 2nd night unless the ship remains in port the first night. It is a cocktail hour type of event (unless it's changed -- we haven't attended one during our recent cruises). The Farewell is the 2nd to the last night (probably because people are packing on the last night). The menu's in Compass Rose are particularly good on those nights.

It looks like you'll be fine for your P7 reservation on the last night. It is easier to change reservations for Signatures as it isn't quite as popular.

The only other thing to be aware of on those nights is that CR gets super busy right after these events. Everyone seems to descend upon them at the same time which can slow service just a bit. We try to get there before the crowds (or an hour later so everyone isn't trying to order at once).

The Baltic cruise was our first (not counting the PG). It is amazing -- you will have a wonderful time:)

Hi All:

Just returned from a wonderful 14 day Baltic cruise on the Voyager - London to Copenhagen. Service is outstanding and the Voyager is in great shape except the carpets in the suites could probably be replaced before the next World Cruise. But we still loved our suite (#708).

The Captain's reception begins in the Constellation Theatre at 6PM and ends about 645P. True that after the reception there is a rush on the Compass Rose. But there is room for everyone....a line at the entrance and you may not get the seating you wish but most times you will. The Voyager dining room staff handled it very well. Some veteran Regent folks skip the reception and head to the CR at 630P.

Ref the dress code: Elegant casual works very well, i.e., jackets are not required for men. Women can wear anything "dressy" ...they always looked more "dressed up" than the men. One exception: on the Captain's Reception night and on the last night 75% of the men wore jackets with open collar shirts. (I did not, but didn't feel out of place). However, polo shirts were rare and would not advise those be worn at dinner. I wore a jacket to our dinners in Prime 7 and Signatures. Note: we did not see a single tuxedo.

Bottom line: dress a bit upscale for Prime 7 and Signatures.

Please ask any questions about the Voyager. Will be happy to provide our impressions.

EdAway

Jumping in: If the ship remains in port the first night, which night is the reception-- first or third? thanks.

Generally the evening following departure night (e.g., sail on Monday = reception on Tuesday).

uh, oh, I guess I goofed. I made our Prime 7 reservations for that night (3rd). I will try to change so we can be in CR that night, but I bet I'll have trouble getting new reservations for Prime 7. We board on Monday, so will know then. thanks for the info.

Don't forget when you pack that while it can be really warm in the Baltic in the summer (up to 30C) it is more generally cooler and often wet. Right now in Helsinki the temperatures are hovering around the 22C mark in the daytime and around 12C at night...if you are on a ship that is moving this can feel cold. so pack something warm and something waterproof!!

uh, oh, I guess I goofed. I made our Prime 7 reservations for that night (3rd). I will try to change so we can be in CR that night, but I bet I'll have trouble getting new reservations for Prime 7. We board on Monday, so will know then. thanks for the info.

Well Poss, going to P7 on Captain's Welcome night isn't so bad really, unless you just can't miss that chateaubriand. It'll be quiet, and service in CR is often a bit frayed on that night.

Archived