Dining menu options

pawlett47

I love the pizza. It's not part of the MDR, but a must on any cruise.

Breakfast: Eggs Benedict.

Dessert: Any souffle, Favorite Gingerbread, but may only be available during Holiday season.

Only the buffet has mediocre food. The MDR is hardly like banquet food! If you get that type food at banquets, then I want to attend yours! :D

If you think all of the fish (includes the lobster) and meats in the MDR aren't frozen (think on a level of Olive Garden and they spend about the same per person on the ingredients), then I give up. When I go to a function, generally, I hope the beef and fish is fresh. The problem with the frozen stuff, as prepared by Princess and other mass market lines, is that the food loses some of its flavor. The food you get in the specialty restaurants is fresh and the beef is a higher grade. It's possible that I caught Princess on a bad week on the Crown last April. We're going next week on the Ruby. I don't cruise for food. But I do enjoy a good meal and will certainly take advantage of the specialty restaurants as much as four times in 12 nights.

All of the menus in all of the dining rooms are the same, i.e., there's no "Main" dining room. The menus change from day-to-day but there are "Always Available" items that are great. Food and tastes are very subjective.

Love the "Love Boat Dream" for dessert, rich, chocolate and like a mousse but richer.

And smaller.......:(:(:(

Bob

Archived