I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

I've been doing more 'swamp' work the past month, both just before and after my Disney vacation...mostly playing around with my 300mm F4 lens which really is a lovely sharp beast. I love birding and wildlife...and we've got plenty of it down here...so here are some of my recent wetlands shots with my A550 & Minolta 300mm F4:

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Hey...this is the natural world...circle of life and all...if a little food-chain action would be a bit too graphic, send the kids out of the room.

OK...kids gone?

original.jpg

Thanks, Bruce. My son had mentioned that there had been some windy days and some of the leaves had dropped. But considering that this is what our fall leaves look like here any color is good.

You probably won't see this post until you return from Mpls., but I thought I'd post this just in case.

You most likely will see some nice colors and with the temps around 80 degrees it should be a perfect time to be here. If your son actually lives in Minneapolis there is a area called Minnehaha Parkway and Falls. I was driving through there tonight and stopped for a few photos. It's a really pretty drive and walk right now and with the nice weather it might be a good place to check out the colors.

1038331285_5F4nM-L.jpg

1038331668_7AsEA-L.jpg

I've been doing more 'swamp' work the past month, both just before and after my Disney vacation...mostly playing around with my 300mm F4 lens which really is a lovely sharp beast. I love birding and wildlife...and we've got plenty of it down here...so here are some of my recent wetlands shots with my A550 & Minolta 300mm F4:

Very nice!

Nicely done Justin!

I'd love to do more birding, but somehow I don't think that photos of little brown sparrows, crows and seagulls will inspire very many people!

I envy you location (but not your humidity!)

Dave

Edited by pierces

You probably won't see this post until you return from Mpls., but I thought I'd post this just in case.

You most likely will see some nice colors and with the temps around 80 degrees it should be a perfect time to be here. If your son actually lives in Minneapolis there is a area called Minnehaha Parkway and Falls. I was driving through there tonight and stopped for a few photos. It's a really pretty drive and walk right now and with the nice weather it might be a good place to check out the colors.

1038331285_5F4nM-L.jpg

1038331668_7AsEA-L.jpg

Still here - don't leave until later this morning. DH and I are on our own during the week and will do stuff with our son on the weekends. Minnehaha Falls Park is one of the places we plan on going - next Friday. Take the light rail to MOA and then stop at the park on the wya back downtown. Thanks for the pics. Nice one of the waterfall.

We were there today, check out my shots. I used some Nik Efex, including HDR Efex, some Topaz, etc:

http://dodgerdigital.smugmug.com/Events/Minnehaha-Falls

Minneapolis is a beautiful city - and while some of the trees have lost their leaves we still found some good color.

DSC01113.jpg

DSC00952.jpg

There are Canadian Geese everywhere:

DSC00822.jpg

Minneapolis has more bridges over the Mississippi than any other city:

DSC00710.jpg

And the falls at Minnehaha Park are gorgeous:

DSC01333.jpg