I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

A few pics from the KC Royals/Cleveland Indians game last night.

2617740870063342928S600x600Q85.jpg

2476651930063342928S600x600Q85.jpg

2295479880063342928S600x600Q85.jpg

Hefty swing....

2552439160063342928S600x600Q85.jpg

Fan Cam shot...from the big screen....

2760995550063342928S600x600Q85.jpg

I was using my new Tamron 10x24 wide angle lens and my Nikon 70-300 lens that I've had for awhile--all auto shots.

Edited by JWJs

Found this thread yesterday and had only read a few postings when it was time for my wife and I to leave for dinner. I brought my camera with me (because of this thread!) and was able to get some shots looking down on the city of Cincinnati:

IMG_3803.jpg

IMG_3800.jpg

I definitely need to go back there with a tripod (these were shot with the camera on a rock wall) and a little earlier in the evening so that I can catch that blue post-sunset sky. Maybe catch some reflection shots off the Ohio river.

Both were shot in Aperture Priority mode at f/11 and ISO 100. Shutter speed for the city was 13 seconds and for the bridge, 30 seconds. I'm thinking that f/22 would be better next time.

Thanks Dave for starting this thread. It was a good kick in the butt for me to get out there and I love learning from what other people shoot.

Found this thread yesterday and had only read a few postings when it was time for my wife and I to leave for dinner. I brought my camera with me (because of this thread!) and was able to get some shots looking down on the city of Cincinnati:

IMG_3803.jpg

IMG_3800.jpg

I definitely need to go back there with a tripod (these were shot with the camera on a rock wall) and a little earlier in the evening so that I can catch that blue post-sunset sky. Maybe catch some reflection shots off the Ohio river.

Both were shot in Aperture Priority mode at f/11 and ISO 100. Shutter speed for the city was 13 seconds and for the bridge, 30 seconds. I'm thinking that f/22 would be better next time.

Thanks Dave for starting this thread. It was a good kick in the butt for me to get out there and I love learning from what other people shoot.

Great pics! I love night time city pics.

It's not Fall yet, but it's really cooling off here and the apple orchards are opening up. We were there last Saturday near Stillwater, MN:

Taken with Sigma 12-24mm on Nikon D700, cropped to look like a panorama:

1012984839_xvTPw-M.jpg

HDR shot, taken with a single exposure:

1013729798_dZgMq-M.jpg

Granddaughter, she had a ball:

1012984168_7gG7G-L.jpg

It's not Fall yet, but it's really cooling off here and the apple orchards are opening up. We were there last Saturday near Stillwater, MN:

Taken with Sigma 12-24mm on Nikon D700, cropped to look like a panorama:

1012984839_xvTPw-M.jpg

HDR shot, taken with a single exposure:

1013729798_dZgMq-M.jpg

Granddaughter, she had a ball:

1012984168_7gG7G-L.jpg

Great pics. How did you do the HDR with one exposure? Convert it in RAW multiple times or something?

I'm not overly familiar with HDR.

Edited by bionicman97

Just back from a short vacation this past weekend...when I'm not taking my vacation time cruising, then I'm most likely taking it at Disney World, my other favorite place, especially for photography. Here's a few night scenes at the Wilderness Lodge Resort:

original.jpg

original.jpg

The moon lingering above:

original.jpg

The inside lobby area of the hotel:

original.jpg

original.jpg

Just back from a short vacation this past weekend...when I'm not taking my vacation time cruising, then I'm most likely taking it at Disney World, my other favorite place, especially for photography. Here's a few night scenes at the Wilderness Lodge Resort:

Wonderful pictures! Would love to be there RIGHT NOW!:)

Really great pics everyone but I must comment on the acorn shot Roff, I love everything about it from the colours to the simple composition. Love it! :)

Thanks. First photo with my new macro lens. The lens is going to be lots of fun.

Larry

The Wilderness Lodge looks like a fun place to stay and your photos are wonderful!
Great pics, zackiedawg!!
Justin, It looks like a cross between a Bass Pro store and Embassy Suites!

Nice shots, as usual!

Dave

Thank you all...much appreciated. I love the theming and design at all the Disney properties, so I often pick at least 1 day and/or 1 night each trip to go around to some various resorts to snap photos. I wasn't even staying at this lodge this trip! But it looks cool in night photos. :)

A few evenings ago at the local airport.

Takeoff

original.jpg

And, I nice big moon.

original.jpg

Larry

Nice job Larry! A really nice mon shot. I wanted to ask you about that great acorn shot you posted recently. You stated it was taken with your new macro lens. Was that lens the Canon 100mm ?