Do you get an extra cruise credit if....

So here is the situation.

We had two rooms booked last week. I was in one room and another household member was in another. I would get my cruise credit and so would she. But since we live in the same house, would that count as two cruise credits, or not?

We had two rooms booked last week. I was in one room and another household member was in another. I would get my cruise credit and so would she. But since we live in the same house, would that count as two cruise credits, or not?

or not;)

It´s one cruise credit for each of you, but even though family members can get the highest status between them, they can´t combine them.

You only get YOURS and they get THEIRS, they do no piggy back on to each other. The points are per person.

You will each earn one credit for completing your sailing.

Edit.....I see that three of us posted within one minute of each other. At least we all agree!!

This is something that bugs me. We've been on 4 cruises, each time we've booked 2 cabins, one for us one for our sons (of those cruises we sailed in a JS each time and our sons in an inside and 2 of the cruises were for 12 days). We've effectively booked and paid for 8 cruises but our cruise credits are counted as if we've booked 4 - yet another thing Royal Caribbean may like to consider in it's evaluation of C & A perks

This is something that bugs me. We've been on 4 cruises, each time we've booked 2 cabins, one for us one for our sons (of those cruises we sailed in a JS each time and our sons in an inside and 2 of the cruises were for 12 days). We've effectively booked and paid for 8 cruises but our cruise credits are counted as if we've booked 4 - yet another thing Royal Caribbean may like to consider in it's evaluation of C & A perks

they don't count who pays only who sails and each person gets the points. We have done the same thing with our kids.

If you've been on four RCI cruises and stayed in a JS on each one of those, you should have 8 cruise credits. RCI gives two cruise credits for staying in a JS.

If you've been on four RCI cruises and stayed in a JS on each one of those, you should have 8 cruise credits. RCI gives two cruise credits for staying in a JS.

Actually they should be diamond as the two they were 12 nights should have gotten an additional point for each one. So 4 cruises in a JS x 2 = 8 + 2 extra for the two 12 night cruise for a total of 10 ...so diamond. And even though your kids were in an inside as long as they reside at your address they should also be diamond.

That´s a thing that shouldn´t be changed IMO. Even though you paid cruise credits were given to each person, just not all to you who paid for the cruise.

If they would change it the way you are looking at it, you would get the credits for all persons you pay for, but then all others in your family wouldn´t and shouldn´t earn any cruise credits and if they change the program to this they need also to eliminate the "same level for all in the household" thing (which they should anyway IMO). So you would be at 32 cruise credits for your entire family you paid for after your cruises, but wour DW and DS´s would be at 0 cruise credits. If they go this route as I said of course no same household = same points and of course also no same cabin=same perks, so you´d enjoy all your D+ perks alone. Is that what you want?

You should be diamond if you stayed in JS each time. Also your children as long as they are under 18 years old & reside with you will be at the same level as you, weather they stayed in the JS or insides. They also earn your credits when not even sailing with you until they turn 18 years old. Our youngest when she cannot sail with us still reminds us that she is equal in cruise credits and rubs it in to her older over 8 year old siblings.

You should be diamond if you stayed in JS each time. Also your children as long as they are under 18 years old & reside with you will be at the same level as you, weather they stayed in the JS or insides. They also earn your credits when not even sailing with you until they turn 18 years old. Our youngest when she cannot sail with us still reminds us that she is equal in cruise credits and rubs it in to her older over 8 year old siblings.

Since when has anybody earned cruise credits when not sailing?!!

:mad:My DH said the same thing. We are cruiseing in 6 weeks. We booked a GS and our daughters are in a D1(?) He fels like he should get the credits since he paid(they are minors -13 and 18) but he will only get the 2 credits for the GS. I figure it just means we have to cruise more often...LOL.

:mad:My DH said the same thing. We are cruiseing in 6 weeks. We booked a GS and our daughters are in a D1(?) He fels like he should get the credits since he paid(they are minors -13 and 18) but he will only get the 2 credits for the GS. I figure it just means we have to cruise more often...LOL.

But they are accumulating their own cruise credits. When they move out, they will take those with them. 18 is an adult btw.

Why would that bug you? Last year, I gave my parents a cruise for their 50th anniversary. I did not go, but I paid for it. With your argument, I should get the credit.

Sorry, this is something C&A should not consider.

Since when has anybody earned cruise credits when not sailing?!!

Ever since they decided that every family member residing at the same address holds the same cruise credit status, whether or not they all sailed together on each and every cruise. My wife has sailed on two cruises with her girlfriends but the cruise credits earned on those cruises were also added to my total. Our daughter, who only cruised with us once while she was living at home, had diamond status when she again cruised with RCI because that was our status at the time she cruised with us. Her husband and children are now Diamonds even though they have only been on one Royal Caribbean cruise. This is definitely something that needs to be fixed if and when the rumored changes to the system are put in place, perhaps next January.

Ever since they decided that every family member residing at the same address holds the same cruise credit status, whether or not they all sailed together on each and every cruise. My wife has sailed on two cruises with her girlfriends but the cruise credits earned on those cruises were also added to my total. Our daughter, who only cruised with us once while she was living at home, had diamond status when she again cruised with RCI because that was our status at the time she cruised with us. Her husband and children are now Diamonds even though they have only been on one Royal Caribbean cruise. This is definitely something that needs to be fixed if and when the rumored changes to the system are put in place, perhaps next January.

This is nice to see! I think you're the first person with family members who have benefited from this policy to say it needs to be fixed.

• 3 weeks later...

You're kidding, right? So if we have sailed 3x on RCCL in suites so 6 CC and now we take our children with us for the first time in our suite, we will all have 8 cruise credits each, including the kids?? Wow, that's the deal of a lifetime for my preteens. When they are 18, they'll be Diamond and off to a great start with the rest of their lives.

But then again, by the time they are 30, there will probably be Diamond+++++ and they won't be able to get into the concierge lounge. ;)

Katherine

You're kidding, right? So if we have sailed 3x on RCCL in suites so 6 CC and now we take our children with us for the first time in our suite, we will all have 8 cruise credits each, including the kids?? Wow, that's the deal of a lifetime for my preteens. When they are 18, they'll be Diamond and off to a great start with the rest of their lives.

But then again, by the time they are 30, there will probably be Diamond+++++ and they won't be able to get into the concierge lounge. ;)

Katherine

When they turn 18, their cruise counts reverts to whatever they have actually EARNED by actually sailing those cruises.

You never know with their system, we have twelve credits right now, but we have been registering Diamond on the RC website and our seapasses since we had 9 cruise credits and nobody in our household has taken a cruise that we were not on together :confused:.

I'm certainly not complaining because we enjoyed the benefits one cruise before they were truly ours, but it makes you wonder how often this type of thing happens.

That is certainly not the way the system currently works. I don't know if you're making this up or if they've made a lot of mistakes with your family. The only thing they changed a while back was that children get treated at the same "level" as their parents, when cruising with them.

So, on our last couple cruises as Platinum members, our son has been treated as Platinum as well, but he does not have the same cruise credits. After the most recent cruise, he got a letter stating that he was now a platinum member, because he had gained enough credits from his cruises with us to have platinum status.

That is certainly not the way the system currently works. I don't know if you're making this up or if they've made a lot of mistakes with your family. The only thing they changed a while back was that children get treated at the same "level" as their parents, when cruising with them.

So, on our last couple cruises as Platinum members, our son has been treated as Platinum as well, but he does not have the same cruise credits. After the most recent cruise, he got a letter stating that he was now a platinum member, because he had gained enough credits from his cruises with us to have platinum status.

Oh yes, this is absolutely the way it is done. I have sailed 5 times, once in a JS. The rest of my family has not been on all the same cruise as I have, however we ALL have 6 credits, that includes both my 15 & 20 year olds.

With the current rules, if my DD got married and took her new husband on a cruise, he would also have the same status as she has even though it could be his 1st ever cruise. The caveat, the person getting the status has to have the same address as the one with the current credits.

While my family has benefited from this rule as well, I agree with negc that it needs to change. Too many people are getting to diamond with only 1 cruise. BTW from what I understand this 'inheritance' rule does not apply to D+, only up to Diamond.

Hmmm. I'm skeptical. It certainly hasn't happened that way in my family, and I really don't think that's the way it's supposed to work. Do all you couples out there who live at the same address have the same number of cruise credits, even if you've been on different numbers of cruises?

Archived