What Cruise Lines offer Alcohol Drink Packages?

cammie1229

We'd really like to try a cruise but are very leery of the bill that might come at the end of it! :eek:

We are two couples who enjoy beer & cocktails during the day and wine with dinner, etc. etc. It can really add up I would imagine. And I don't want to be worrying about the cost throughout, every time I order a drink -- I'd rather pay upfront and know it's done and paid for and just enjoy it. :D

I know that Celebrity offers alcoholic beverage packages and some of the luxury lines are all-inclusive (but way above our price point).

Does anyone know if any of the other lines (i.e. Carnival, RC, Norwegian) offer these kind of packages?

Thanks.

They all offer a ucket of beer where you pay for 5 and get a free one. Not sure if any offer the all inclusive unless you are part of a group of 30 or more. Then some offer a prepaid drink special, but everyone in the group must purchase it.

You will pay about the same on board your ship for various drinks as you would pay at home. The old days of cheaper liquor are long gone. Alcohol is a major profit center for cruise lines.

You can figure out the daily costs yourself based on what you posted.

The totals won't be pretty, but then again you would pay for drinks in hotels and motels. Get the best price you can for your cruise and then see how the vacation costs out.

The lines you mention don't have all inclusive drink packages unless you're in a large group, usually 30 or more people and everyone in the group must participate.

To be honest, many who've purchased the drinks packages on Celebrity have found them to be way overpriced. And they have a lot of limitations on them.

What you have to do is just factor the cost of your drinking into the cost of your cruise. They do have daily drink specials and bucket of beer specials.

Op, the convenience you are looking for comes at a very high price. Your research is very good Celebrity and the very expensive all inclusive luxury lines are the ones that have the drink packages. In general, any packages are not really a way to save money, it's a convenience.

RCI has a wine package, alot of the wines in the package are cheaper purchased per bottle and a couple do provide a savings. Carnival also has a wine package and actually you do save a bit on each bottle. I believe HAL has a wine by the glass card that you pre purchase.

All lines have soda packages and in general you need to drink alot of soda to get your money's worth. It also covers different items on different lines. Most don't cover juice or bottled water.

Maybe the most flexible thing to do is just deposit an amount on your onboard account ahead of time and then spend on what you want?

Edited by happy cruzer

• 3 years later...

Any updated information on this topic? We enjoyed the Celebrity package so much on our last cruise that we'd really like to find other cruise lines that offer the same thing.

Our "group" would include my husband and I, and we would both use purchase the package.

Any updated information on this topic? We enjoyed the Celebrity package so much on our last cruise that we'd really like to find other cruise lines that offer the same thing.

Our "group" would include my husband and I, and we would both use purchase the package.

All the lines you mentioned have alcohol packages, RCI runs about 44.00 per person per day. RCI and X have very similar packages. RCI is just starting a plan that does not require all in the cabin to purchase the same plan. happy cruising

NCL has one~

http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/gifts-and-more#ultimate

Carnival has one ~ they do have a limit on theirs **Program allows for up to 15 alcoholic drinks per 24 hour period (6:00am-6:00am); once the limit is reached, the guest will not be served any additional alcoholic drinks**

http://www.carnival.com/Core/FAQ.aspx?faq=beverage#q-1270134

also each person in the same cabin has to purchase the package, no sharing allowed~

Edited by Alliezona09

I would just inquire on the cruise lines you are considering.

Keith

They all have drinks packages running about $45 to $50 per person/day. They have varying limitations, maybe 15 drinks per day, maybe no drinks costing more than $7 covered, certainly they will cut you off if you seem to have had too much. You should get the details of the particular line's program and then do the math to see if it makes sense for you.

My wife and I cruise NCL. They have an ultimate beverage package that I believe is $50 per person per stateroom a day. That's a lot of money($700 for a 7 day cruise). We've added up the total amount of alcohol purchased from each of our cruises and we never spend enough to cover the cost of the package.

Edited by mikeriv79
Not meant for OP.

Celebrity has a promotion on right now where you can get the classic alcohol drink package for 2 for free. And if you wanted to upgrade to the premium package you just have to pay the difference.

Link please????????

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Certainly not a "package", but we've enjoyed Princess' wine bottle services, which was a perk we didn't know about until we were aboard. You can order a bottle of wine with a meal, and if you don't finish it they'll gladly recork it and store it. At the next meal, you show your cruise card, tell them white or red, and indicate which dining room you were in when you last had the bottle.

MSC has the most reasonable drink package I've seen. It was about $31 per day and included just about all mixed drinks, beer, select wines, specialty coffees, and gelato.

I agree their Allegrissimo package is great.

It is 23 euros a day in Europe approx $31 a day. However in USA I believe they are only offering the Premium Allegrissimo which is more expensive. Not sure if the regular one includes beer as I don't drink beer so didn't try it.

Every evening at dinner would get a new bottle of wine. It also includes as much bottled water as you like and as you say specialty coffees. Also fresh squeezed orange juice and cocktails, no limit. They have a gelato bar with many varieties. Normally 4 euros but free with the package.