Motion Sickness Cures

zaby

So sorry, I’ve been trying to upload the article but apparently it’s too large. So you’ll have to go through a few steps to see it but it’s worth it.

1. Go to this website http://www.motionsickness.net/aboutms.html

2. Then on the left hand side - you’ll see a box re “motion sickness” PDF when you click on that it’ opens up a PDF with a very well documented article about motion sickness.

Let me know it it doesn’t work.

Thanks for the link....... I was seriously considering switching to Scopace since Dramamine and Bonine put me to sleep but this article suggests taking Ephedrine or another d-Amphetamine along with the Scopace to counteract the sleepiness effects. Yikes! Not sure I want to trust the opinions of these writers!:eek:

I have read alot of comments on this subject all over the boards. We are going the way of ginger capsules for our August Alaska sailing on the Navigator. We are not prone to motion sickness but have never been on a smaller ship this size. As precaution. I have read some about side effects of the medications. The natural ginger seemed to work for all who respond.

Thanks for the link....... I was seriously considering switching to Scopace since Dramamine and Bonine put me to sleep but this article suggests taking Ephedrine or another d-Amphetamine along with the Scopace to counteract the sleepiness effects. Yikes! Not sure I want to trust the opinions of these writers!:eek:

That combination sounds dangerous to me! I would have to be put in some sort of locked room if I took those together.

FYI, what worked for my DW and me was an electronic watch-like device (ReliefBand was the brand we used) that we wore like a watch except on the underside of the wrist... When turned on, the device emits a low-level electrical pulse across two small electrodes... Our 20 day cruse had many rolling "sea days" and it prevented motion sickness for both of us... without any drugs... and we are both susceptible.

We also use the ReliefBand -- it works wonderfully without side effects (well, sort of. . . . I am allergic to metal and the metal from the underside of the band causes me to break out). As a back-up to the ReliefBand, we take 1/2 of an over-the-counter Bonine pill. The only time my DH has been seasick is on the Navigator when he did not put the band arm because he thought he could handle it:rolleyes:

We use meclinzine (bonine) daily on our cruises, and have scopace (pills/script rqd) as a backup; have not been seasick yet...best price I have found online for meclizine below: ($4.84/100 pills) vs CVS price for Bonine ($4.79 for 8 pills)...also, your primary

care provider can write u a script for meclizine and u can get 100 meclizine pills

for $4.00 at Walmart or Target.

http://www.allegromedical.com/browse/browseProducts.do?searchPhrase=meclizine&gclid=CNfm09Km-6ICFQNHnQodjgw7jQ

Thanks Wes, that's good to know. I should stock up in FLL in December, since something has happened to the availability of Bonamine (our version of meclizine), in Canada--doesn't seem to be available, or at least wasn't last year. Last cruise I had a future cruise-buddy get me some.

I'm rather sensitive to seasickness, but keep cruising. Meclizine is available on all cruises at the reception desk (I ask for this because I usually bring Dramamine, and M is the non-drowsy formula, as Wes said, Bonine)

I also have a prescription for Scopace, just don't care to try the patches with the same meds, but I have not had the strange side effects noted with the patch, at least when I am awake. Maybe a strange dream or two.

There is simply nothing worse than being sea-sick....it is one of those things like they say, where first you are afraid you are going to die, and then you are afraid you won't!

You're right, it's the worst. I had an episode coming up on Voyager in the Caribbean the last night of our December trip. I had to miss our last dinner and cocktails with friends. It was so silly because I'd been fine, but it was, as it often is, a bit rolly-polly coming up from San Juan to Florida. Should have taken my Bonine!

Archived