Princess vs. HAL

ActiveTraveler

Hi Pam....Andrea has been advised probably hundreds of times now to contact a TA. She has replied that she will contact a TA in approximately 2 years, after she's gotten all of her "info", which IMO won't happen in my lifetime. ;)
Personally, I think she'd be much happier with Carnival or NCL. Just a feeling I have based on her posts.

Hi Pam....Andrea has been advised probably hundreds of times now to contact a TA. She has replied that she will contact a TA in approximately 2 years, after she's gotten all of her "info", which IMO won't happen in my lifetime. ;)

I guess I am late to the party. I am only starting to realize what I am up against. I don't mind someone researching or asking questions but to make statements and suggestions that are based on assumptions and not actual experience doesn't work for me.

I guess I am late to the party. I am only starting to realize what I am up against. I don't mind someone researching or asking questions but to make statements and suggestions that are based on assumptions and not actual experience doesn't work for me.

Welcome to the club :D

Since you're on the East Coast and it's just sweltering, if you're hanging out indoors, check previous posts and join the club. :D

It's sweltering. I won't even attempt the beach today. Right now I wish I was at Pam's house. Last year at this time I was visiting my BIL who lives in the LA area and the weather was great. The Pacific Ocean was freezing compared to the Atlantic but the weather was perfect.

You've never heard of any hurricanes on the west coast? No storms in the Pacific? Rough seas occur in a lot of places. I guess we've found another part of the world you haven't been an Active Traveler in

You've also said the UK couldn't be part of the EU because they didn't use the euro. Please try google to check your facts before making these statements

As for Princess vs. HAL, please try HAL for your first cruise.

I already said more than once I have been to many places on and near the west coast - including Coronado, which is west of the San Diego Bay. So no, you have not found an area where I never traveled, unless you are thinking of Hawaii and Oregon.

The facts I read from a reliable source are:

1. The euro is the universal currency of all European Union nations.

2. All European countries that do not use the euro are not EU members.

Therefore, the continued use of the pound is proof England is not a member of the EU if this information is correct. Because I got this information from my local newspaper, the statement I made about England not being in the EU was based on a factual report, so I have no reason to believe the traveler who said the UK is part of the EU was correct. If you can prove me wrong, I welcome any links to that information.

Since posting my original question I realized I did not need to ask it. Now I wish I didn't start this thread because all people are doing is criticizing me for past statements so it did not help me at all. I decided to not reconsider HAL after going to its website. :(

You need to re-check your facts. The UK is a member of the EU. Not all members have adopted the Euro. All you have to do is Google it so this is very easy to check. Seems to me your local newspaper doesn't check it's facts very well.

I already said more than once I have been to many places on and near the west coast - including Coronado, which is west of the San Diego Bay. So no, you have not found an area where I never traveled, unless you are thinking of Hawaii and Oregon.

Therefore, the continued use of the pound is proof England is not a member of the EU if this information is correct. Because I got this information from my local newspaper, the statement I made about England not being in the EU was based on a factual report, so I have no reason to believe the traveler who said the UK is part of the EU was correct. If you can prove me wrong, I welcome any links to that information.

Since posting my original question I realized I did not need to ask it. Now I wish I didn't start this thread because all people are doing is criticizing me for past statements so it did not help me at all. I decided to not reconsider HAL after going to its website. :(

Google can be your best friend..

http://europa.eu/abc/european_countries/eu_members/index_en.htm

The UK is part of the European Union. It joined the EU in 1973. You need to start checking facts before you post. :rolleyes:

Only 16 out of I believe 27 (?) EU countries use the Euro.

I really think you need to read something other than your local newspaper because obviously it isn't factual or reliable. It's funny how you ask a million questions on the same topics for a cruise but you won't read more than one source for your other information on the world. After this last post I really give up trying to help you or reason with you. Good luck to you and whatever crew you sail with.

Really? Check these out.

http://www.eucountrylist.com/facts.html

http://www.userfocus.co.uk/us/eu.html

And here's a timeline from the BBC (British Broadcasting Company); one would assume they wouldn't get wrong the date when their own country joined the EU:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/find_out/guides/european_union/newsid_2949000/2949860.stm

Because I got this information from my local newspaper, the statement I made about England not being in the EU was based on a factual report,

Seems to me your local newspaper doesn't check it's facts very well.

Come on Pam.... Everyone knows that if it's "In the Paper"... it HAS to be true!! :D :D :D

The pictures of staterooms I saw show ugly rooms with leather sofas that do not have a refrigerator, which is important to me. There is no way I can stay in one of those for two weeks!

My rooms on HAL have been far nicer then my rooms on Princess. They have real beds, bath tubs in outside and balcony rooms (Princess doesn't do this until you get to a minisuite) - bathrooms much larger than on Princess, dvd players in each room, couches in rooms with out having to book a minisuite. HAL also provides a real room service menu to the staterooms. Give me a HAL room over Princess any day.

Did I mention that have real beds on HAL???!!!!

Actually, our HAL verandah was much nicer than the one we had on the Grand. It also had a nice comfy bed unlike the plank of concrete on the Princess ship.
My aft balcony cabin on the Zuiderdam was so great I've booked a similar cabin on the Oosterdam next April.

The one thing that Princess ships have that only a few HAL ships have are self-serve laundries. On most HAL ships, if you want clean clothes, you must send them out to be cleaned... for a fee. On the other hand, they have package rates for everything you can stuff into a bag and another for unlimited laundry.

897355932_HALBalCabin1.jpg.0211112571d961eaa3cba535b346cb3f.jpg

1189865955_HALBalCabin2.jpg.bfe6506bce511283c7a8463e9a34863c.jpg

29286935_HALBalcony.jpg.44dfb7ead31f1d80e577aa86cd97aad3.jpg

The one thing that Princess ships have that only a few HAL ships have are self-serve laundries. On most HAL ships, if you want clean clothes, you must send them out to be cleaned... for a fee. On the other hand, they have package rates for everything you can stuff into a bag and another for unlimited laundry.

That's one reason we enjoyed Maasdam so much. We like to do longer cruises when possible so having a laundry room on board to throw in a load comes in handy. I love that HAL allows wine too, like Princess.

That's one reason we enjoyed Maasdam so much. We like to do longer cruises when possible so having a laundry room on board to throw in a load comes in handy. I love that HAL allows wine too, like Princess.
I'm Elite on Princess and so get the free, unlimited laundry so that's a powerful incentive when combined with free Internet when taking a longer cruise. But then I tend to cruise for the itinerary and sometimes, HAL has the better ship/itinerary so I just chalk up laundry and Internet as the cost of cruising.

The pictures of staterooms I saw show ugly rooms with leather sofas that do not have a refrigerator, which is important to me. There is no way I can stay in one of those for two weeks!

Andrea- I can't remember, did you cross Celebrity off you list yet?

Archived