Princess vs. HAL

ActiveTraveler

I thought, based on the "the Pacific never has rough water, it's called the pacific after all" thread, Hawaii is the cruise destination now, not the Med?:p
Yeah, and Greenland is lush green and Iceland is a frozen wasteland. Need a bridge?

How about some ocen front property in Arizona.....:):):)
That too. :) Years (decades) ago, I was in a ski house in South Londonderry, VT, and nearby was a bar/restaurant called the "Winhall River Yacht Club." The Winhall river is a rocky stream and the only yacht you'd ever sail on it would be a toy boat. It was a fun place, though. :) It's gone now.

....And a "dance host" is required. ;)

I wondered about that too. For someone who doesn't shave her armpits, doesn't show cleavage, doesn't drink and is traveling with her Mom-why is she concerned about the dance floor?

I have the feeling that Andrea is the biggest Troll ever on CC. :D

. . .

Ditto. I wondered over on the toiletries thread if I was the only one who was thinking this was all an elaborate joke at our expense. It does have that certain train-wreck quality, though. I know I shouldn't look but I just can't help myself.

I wondered about that too. For someone who doesn't shave her armpits, doesn't show cleavage, doesn't drink and is traveling with her Mom-why is she concerned about the dance floor?

TMI...TMI

I think she is really one of the kids that we read about who push all elevator buttons, run through the hall ways at 3:00am and switch around the continental breakfast orders. :)

I have heard there are many old folks cruising on Princess. Their parents prefer to cruise on Hal. :D

Keep thinking that. It'll keep demand down and then this 37 yr old can continue to get great deals on HAL cruises:D

We took HAL to Hawaii a few years ago and loved it. Some things you should be aware of:

Most of the passengers on the ship were 70 or older. We were in our early 50s when we took the cruise and I think there was one couple that was younger than us. That doesn't mean we didn't have a good time. We met some fascinating people. One of the men was the lead engineer on the original flight to the moon.

Music from the 40s was played in the lounges. Most of the dancing was ballroom. Entertainment in the theatre consisted of a classical music concert, a tenor trio, along with the usual magic show and production number.

The people dressed up for dinner and there were alot of tuxedos and long gowns for formal night.

Happy hour included complementary hot hors d'oeuvres.

We are going to try the Princess cruise to Hawaii this year but I'm not sure it will beat HAL.

Ditto. I wondered over on the toiletries thread if I was the only one who was thinking this was all an elaborate joke at our expense. It does have that certain train-wreck quality, though. I know I shouldn't look but I just can't help myself.

Do you mean the one where she asks if the bottles are upside down will the product run out of the bottle when she tries to use it? Personally, I was simply floored with that one.

There's another very caustic (of course with the "mad" emoticon) and non-apologetic post @ 4:12am and once again, just not "getting it".

I cannot imagine that Andrea relates to people in her daily life with the same condescending, nasty, argumentative, know-it-all demeanor as we've seen on CC thus far.

Then again, I've been wrong at least a zillion times. ;)

I cannot imagine that Andrea relates to people in her daily life with the same condescending, nasty, argumentative, know-it-all demeanor as we've seen on CC thus far.

Could be she DOES and that's why she's hanging out here, racking up 500+ posts in less than 2 months:rolleyes:

Archived