Will there be taxis waiting for us at the port?

RLA2010

Hi there! First time cruiser here :) My hubby and I are cruising on the Carnival Liberty in September and we have all transportation set except from the Port of Miami to Miami International airport. The shuttle service offered from carnival.com is pricey so we'll probably just take a cab. My question is, will there be cabs waiting for people at the port of Miami or do we need to schedule one? If we are one of the later ones disembarking, will all the cabs be gone?

Thanks!

While this isn't specific to the Port of Miami, I've never gotten off of a cruise where there wasn't a long line of cabs, several lines wide, waiting for fares off of the ship. As was said, they just dropped off fares taking the next cruises, so they are waiting in line for fares getting off the ship(s).

And by the way, the taxis at Miami are cheaper then the cruise line shuttle buses and you will be at the airport while the shuttle passengers are still sitting on their buses at the port.

Hank

They also have small vans cheaper than taxis. It a about 10$ each as you walk off ship they will ask you , say yes they get 5 or 6 other people your on your way. WE have done this 3 times, great service. They also help with the bags. dolittle

They also have small vans cheaper than taxis. It a about 10$ each as you walk off ship they will ask you , say yes they get 5 or 6 other people your on your way. WE have done this 3 times, great service. They also help with the bags. dolittle

Thanks! We'll see if we can catch a ride with some other folks

Archived