HAL w/ lil kids- HELP

crazzzielady

I am having a TERRIBLE time finding a ship with connecting cabins for my family of 5 ( 2 ad/3 lil ones) the only one my travel agent can find is HAL- which i do NOT like....esp for lil ones- we want to sail Feb 20 & it's not christmas break or anything where there will be lots of kids sailing-if it was carnival etc I'd be fine KNOWING that the kids camp would have lots of kids to play with....has anyone sailed this time of yr with lil ones on HAL???

please eamil me:

2 ships for me to consider is : Nieuw Amsterdam/Eurodamn

crazzzielady@aol.com

thanks!!!!!

We traveled with family including one four year old and two one year olds. The four year old had a great time in Club Hal. The one year olds could go and play if they had with an adult with them. So it really depends on the age of the children. I think the OP means there are two adults and three little ones, not their ages.

We're sailing on hal with our 2 young kids (4 and 9) in December and from all the reading and research I have done, HAL's kids program is great - less kids than Carnival for sure. However, that's a good point to me and my kids. Depending on your taste in cruise lines, HAL is a good choice - for us anyway. We tried Carnival last year with our kids, but the "fun ship" was a bit too "fun" for us. There was only a bit over 100 kids on the Carnival sailing in February. We are returning to HAL (sailed several times as a couple) with our kids this year for a quieter more relaxed vacation.

Best of luck in your search.

I think HAL is very good with children, but have you looked at Disney? They are fabulous and can accomodate all 5 of you in one cabin. They have split bathrooms so it facilitates families and you could not do better with children. Even as an adult, I enjoy the Disney product.

I would start calling cruise lines directly myself. In my experience TA's do not see all the connecting cabins available on their computer systems. The cruise lines hold these cabins and you can only book most of them if you specifically ask for them. So you have to know the specific cabin numbers and then your TA has to call the cruise line directly.

We usually do it this way: check the deck plans for the cabin numbers -> call the cruise line and ask for availability for those specific cabins -> if they are available call our TA or book directly from the cruise line.

I second the Disney recommendation, we are a family of six. We had 2 great connecting cabins, tons of room, the 2 bathrooms was a big plus and the kids club was terrific! Good luck!

RCL Nordic Prince to Bermuda 6/91

RCL Explorer of the Seas to Bermuda 6/06

Disney Wonder 8/08

NCL Dawn to Bermuda 7/09

and..... only 3 more days until the Veendam to Bermuda!!

I am having a TERRIBLE time finding a ship with connecting cabins for my family of 5 ( 2 ad/3 lil ones) the only one my travel agent can find is HAL- which i do NOT like....esp for lil ones- we want to sail Feb 20 & it's not christmas break or anything where there will be lots of kids sailing-if it was carnival etc I'd be fine KNOWING that the kids camp would have lots of kids to play with....has anyone sailed this time of yr with lil ones on HAL???

please eamil me:

crazzzielady@aol.com

thanks!!!!!

What Category stateroom are you/your TA searching for? Knowing that info would help us in aiding you with stateroom availability..

Spring Break begins in February as does Presidents Day/week. Depending on what date you are searching for will also help us to help you.

Joanie

please eamil me:

crazzzielady@aol.com

thanks!!!!!

(bolding mine)

If you do not like HAL, insist that your TA find you another ship/line that can meet your requirements.

Archived