When to book to get the coffee BOGO coupon book

drk

We are booked on the May '11 TA on the Star. Would love to have the BOGO coffee card coupon for that cruise. Apparantly didn't book at the right time or with the right TA to get the coupon book. Since we plan on booking another Princess cruise for the fall of this year I was wondering if anyone knows when the next such promotion takes place for the coupon books. Thanks.

We are booked on the May '11 TA on the Star. Would love to have the BOGO coffee card coupon for that cruise. Apparantly didn't book at the right time or with the right TA to get the coupon book. Since we plan on booking another Princess cruise for the fall of this year I was wondering if anyone knows when the next such promotion takes place for the coupon books. Thanks.

Ours was direct from the TA, have you checked with them?

We booked a cruise this past May (which we just returned from two days ago). While researching the cruise, I went to a very popular and well-known online cruise booking website to look at their prices. I noticed that it stated something like "bonus" in the box with the itinerary. When I clicked on the "bonus" icon to see what that bonus was, and read the fine print, I saw that it included the coupon books. There was a code listed for that special.

Then I went to our TA and mentioned what I saw. She was able to get us in on the same deal (with even more extras from her agency, that weren't included in that deal on the other site).

The coupon books are not offered at the same time. One TA might have it and another won't. I understand that it depends on the cruise and TA group bookings so unless you're a TA, there's no way to predict. Sometimes, I get the coupon book, sometimes dinner in a specialty restaurant, OBC, etc.

I would be more interested in getting a good price on a good cabin for the date I want to sail than getting a coffee card worth $24.

I totally agree. Though - the promo of getting the reduced deposit and coupon book doesn't affect the price. If the cruise price is the same for 2 weeks and one week the agent runs the special, the next week the agent doesn't - you benefit by getting the promo if you book the week with the promo going on.

I say that in that I always get the coupon book and always throw them away as there isn't anything that interests me in the book.

Thanks for the replies. It goes without saying that price always rules when booking but as the previous poster stated "you benefit by getting the promo if you book the week with the promo going on." at the same price! I'll recheck with the online TA and see what happens.

Our TA said she was going to get our group (of 12) a group rate + coupons books...but when a few in our group qualified for a "SHARE THE WEALTH" price....the coupons were no longer offered. The difference was $300 dollars PP (not per cabin)...so the choice was obvious...and we received no coupon book. You would think with a group of 12 they would have thrown a coupon book in for a bonus....:confused:

I am keeping my eye out for the 2 for 1 coffee card coupon that a few posters are offering because they are not cruising for the rest of this year. I hope to snag one before I leave.

TA's that promote Princess, schedule month long Princess Cruise Night Sales throughout the year. Gets you tre best current rate that you qualify for , plus reduced deposit, OBC and the good coupon book .

Ask your TA when their next one is . Perhaps they can do a "reschedule" on your booking . You won't lose your cabin but you may change your rate (up/down) .

Remember TA's can still discount (rebate some comm.) Princess rates .

And anyone who is still planning a Princess cruise , should tell their TA to notify them of the next Princess Cruise Night Sale to get the goodies..:)

As I have already said price is the #1 thing when booking but when you can get the price and the goodies that a win. Turns out I found one of the TA's who is currently giving the coupon book and OBC and a killer rate on a November week on the Crown so we went for it. Under $820 total for the two of us plus OBC plus 2 coupon books!! Throw in our shareholder credit and even the tips will be covered! Thanks for the ideas from those who actually understood where I was coming from in this thread.

As I have already said price is the #1 thing when booking but when you can get the price and the goodies that a win. Turns out I found one of the TA's who is currently giving the coupon book and OBC and a killer rate on a November week on the Crown so we went for it. Under $820 total for the two of us plus OBC plus 2 coupon books!! Throw in our shareholder credit and even the tips will be covered! Thanks for the ideas from those who actually understood where I was coming from in this thread.

For the third time please see above.

My you are all lucky your side of the pond! Price reductions after booking, cancellations without losing deposit up to 12 weeks before sailing etc....... and still not happy without a BOGO coffee card!! Never heard of that one over here. We are just lucky to cruise.

Archived