onboard credit how does it work

wannatan

Your Princess onboard account is a simple credit/debit system. If you have an onboard credit, your onboard account will start as a credit. Everything you charge or use your card for will be debited (subtracted) from that credit until it's used up. Whatever debits are on your account when you disembark is what your final bill is. If the onboard credit is spread between four people, you might want to use one person's card for drinks one night, the other's the next night. Even if the same credit card is used to pay all four accounts, the credit is good only for each passenger's account. In other words, it's not shared.

Even if the same credit card is used to pay all four accounts, the credit is good only for each passenger's account. In other words, it's not shared.

My experience has been for my wife and I that at the end of the cruise our two folios are combined and if there was a credit remaining on one of our accounts, it was absorbed into debit amoint of the other account.

Anyone had any recent experience with "left over" obc? Does Princess still apply any unused credit to your credit card?
It all depends on how the credit is coded in their system. Some is "use it or lose it", some will refund the unused balance. The Pursor can tell you which.

Most of the time there is no problem using the OBC we've been given, and that's combining TA credit, Future Cruise Credit, and Carnival Shareholder's benefit. The only time we had a positive balance at the end was on a move-over offer, and that was refundable - they wouldn't let us off the ship until they had given us cash or we had approved a credit to our Visa account.

My experience has been for my wife and I that at the end of the cruise our two folios are combined and if there was a credit remaining on one of our accounts, it was absorbed into debit amoint of the other account.
Perhaps it's different if you have separate booking #s. My experience has been with my daughter where the OBC wasn't combined even though I was paying for both of us. The OP said they were four people and without knowing whether they are four people in one cabin or two in each cabin, I posted about my experience with the folios as a heads-up.

It all depends on how the credit is coded in their system. Some is "use it or lose it", some will refund the unused balance. The Pursor can tell you which.

And how is it determined which category is used first and which is left at the end?

Archived