What's the advantage to B2B v 14 dayer?

igo2travel

People talk about taking a back to back cruise, but why wouldn't you just go on a 14 day cruise? Is there any advantages to the B2B? Fill me in on the reasons behind this, if you would please and thank you.

Our reasoning for booking a back-to-back for our upcoming honeymoon cruise:

We really wanted to cruise longer than a 5 or 7 day itinerary, so I looked at the longer cruises offered by Carnival. We wanted to visit certain islands on our cruise and the longest one we found was a 9 day cruise that would visit 4 islands.

With the back-to-back that we booked, we will be in the ship for 10 days and visit 5 ports. The price for our B-2-B with a balcony cabin came to about $1300.00 cheaper than booking the 9 day cruise with a balcony cabin.

The reasons for us to choose the B-2-B: cheaper, longer, and more ports!

I like seeing 2 different ships, If you do a 14 nighter you are stuck on the same ship (not that it's a bad thing) but if you do b2b you can choose which ships to pair up.

I usually print all the itineraries around the date i wish to go and then try to pair them up.

We tried to do that this time, but the days that fit our schedule had yucky itineraries, and the great itineraries didn't fit our days available.....maybe next time.

The problem I've had with B2B is you will see the same menu and shows your 2nd week.

I like variety. But with the bigger ships you have more dinner options to choose from so it would work better with the bigger ships and they usually offer other entertainment so as not to see the same shows your 2nd week. 10 days is about my limit anyway so finding a RT on a 10 day works good. Also those one way 10 to 14 days are good too.

We take b2b's because the turnaround day is fantastic, we love watching everyone exit the ship and feeling like a VIP, then watching all of the new people get on the ship.

7 days isn't nearly enough to relax completely, the vacation for us is the cruise itself, the ports are just the icing on the cake, so we generally don't care too much about our ports, as long as they take us out of the California area :p

And last but not least, it counts as two cruises towards your next tier :D

We like sailing from Pt Canaveral and there are no 14 day cruises on any line from there. We went on Dream in January and loved it, so decided to go a B2B in April. We will be doing Western and then Eastern.

I pretty much know what the food will be on the cruise as we have done other 7 day cruises on Carnival and the food is basically the same on each cruise. The entertainment is not all that important to me, but I do love the comedy club and there's a good chance the comedians will be different.

This will be our first B2B and are looking forward to it.

Many cruises start and stop in different locations. If you plan to drive to the port, you come back to to where you parked without a long flight. We did the Panama Canal cruise that left from San Diego and landed in Ft. Lauderdale. There were a number of B2Bers on board for nearly a month. That's a bit much even for me. As far as the menus go, there is enough variety that you would not have to repeat meals. Besides, I'll bet you repeat your favorite meals at home. There is so much entertainment going on that you could use the second half to see some the things you missed the first time.

There are very few, if any, round trip 14 night cruises in the carribbean. Thats why.

If you stick with Carnival, which is typically a 7 night or less cruise line that's true. Princess for one offers choices in the 14 day range that are round trip. I just checked Holland America and they offer 14 night round trip cruises also.

If you stick with Carnival, which is typically a 7 night or less cruise line that's true. Princess for one offers choices in the 14 day range that are round trip. I just checked Holland America and they offer 14 night round trip cruises also.

For sure, NCL has some options as well. I just assumed since this was a CCL board the OP was refering to CCL sailings.

People talk about taking a back to back cruise, but why wouldn't you just go on a 14 day cruise? Is there any advantages to the B2B? Fill me in on the reasons behind this, if you would please and thank you.

The only 14 day cruises Carnival offers are repositioning cruises and they are not likely to be exactly 14 days.

Archived