3rd Cruise and still have questions

HiMagicFan

I love these boards and have found out new things on Princess:

1) Sanctuary ~ please confirm that it is $15pp/day and we need to go to that location to book once on board. We are thinking about doing it for our 15 day panama cruise in march 2011 which we have an outside cabin (no balcony). Good idea?

2) Ultimate Dining ~ in past cruises back in 2009 we did the ultimate dinner but I have only seen breakfast. Do they still do dinner and how much is it? and do I book this on board also?

Thanks for your help in advance!

2)

1) Sanctuary ~ please confirm that it is $15pp/day and we need to go to that location to book once on board. We are thinking about doing it for our 15 day panama cruise in march 2011 which we have an outside cabin (no balcony).

$15/day if booked for the entire cruise. $10/half day if booked for individual days.

1) Sanctuary ~ please confirm that it is $15pp/day and we need to go to that location to book once on board. We are thinking about doing it for our 15 day panama cruise in march 2011 which we have an outside cabin (no balcony). Good idea?

2) Ultimate Dining ~ in past cruises back in 2009 we did the ultimate dinner but I have only seen breakfast. Do they still do dinner and how much is it? and do I book this on board also?

Thanks for your help in advance!

2)

Yes the UBD is still available and as stated $50-pp.

Sold out? Really?! We were on the Ruby during Christmas and there was never more than a handful of people on it. I would have used it, however there is limited sun in that area. I will definitely be interested to see the Sanctuary on the Emerald in 39 days. Who's counting eh :p

The UBD is for my Mom's Bday (she would rather do the dinner than the breakfast) and I couldn't find it on the Princess web site.

Knew cc members would have the answers! Just what I was looking for. Thanks!

Thanks too, for the tips about getting the Sanctuary ressies and the costs. Didn't find that anywhere on Princess either - if it was an added cost or included in the cruise price.

Perfect information for my budget planning/saving.

Appreciate it!:)

a special section on the cruise that will "hold" your lounger and where you can get mini massages and food and if I remember correctly a small pool (not sure about that one). I hadn't heard about it until I read some posts. It is limited to a certain number of lounge seats so it should not get too crowded....

my question...when I pay the $15/day for the entire cruise do I tip when the food is brought or the massage is done? and if I do, do i tip each time?

trying to see if I can do this on my 15 day panama trip.

What is Sanctuary?

News Article

4/7/2008

Princess Cruises Adds Trademark "Sanctuary" to All Ships by Popular Demand

Enthusiastic Passenger Response Prompts Line to Reprise Tranquil, Adults-Only Haven Fleetwide

SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (April 7, 2008) - Prompted by enthusiastic response from its passengers, Princess Cruises' ground-breaking "pocket of tranquility" - The Sanctuary - has become such a popular haven for passengers looking to escape to a serene hideaway, that it will be added to the entire fleet of Princess ships.

Beginning this summer, the line's trademark retreat will be added to Island Princess, followed by Grand Princess and Star Princess by the end of the year. Additional ships will have The Sanctuary added through 2010.

The Sanctuary, which debuted in 2006 aboard Crown Princess, was an instant success as it gave passengers the perfect place to take a break and indulge in a private getaway with a plush, outdoor spa-inspired setting, complete with massage cabanas, signature beverages, light meals, attentive service and relaxing personal entertainment. The exclusive adults-only retreat enjoyed continued popularity on sister ship Emerald Princess, and will also be available on Ruby Princess, debuting in November.

"The Sanctuary has come to personify Princess' essential philosophy of escape coupled with personal service," said Jan Swartz, Princess senior vice president. "Passengers have told us they love this opportunity to completely relax in such a peaceful and pampering environment, so we're delighted to introduce this special Princess feature on all our vessels."

Depending on the ship, The Sanctuaries will be created in different areas onboard, such as the sports courts atop the "Grand-class" vessels, which will be relocated.

Sanctuary guests lounge amidst lush greenery, with the presence of gentle breezes, ocean waves, and softly piped-in spa music combining to further insulate the area with relaxation sounds. Guests can relax on plush outdoor furniture including double loungers for couples, as well as deluxe chaise lounges and chairs. Passengers also enjoy the personal attention of Serenity Stewards in The Sanctuary, who are on hand to provide everything from a chilled face towel and Evian water atomizers, to a menu of healthy beverages and fare. Serenity Stewards also have personal MP3 players with noise canceling headphones available loaded with themed playlists focused on relaxation for those who want to escape with music.

In addition, The Sanctuary features two outdoor private cabanas where guests can also take advantage of the exclusive Lotus Spa Services at The Sanctuary, including sybaritic favorites such as a Deep Tissue Muscle Massage, a relaxing Swedish Massage or a Full Body Lotus Massage especially for couples.

Guests can also refresh with a variety of special drinks and snacks created exclusively for The Sanctuary. Each day Serenity Stewards will be on hand to offer guests an array of drinks and snacks. Signature Sanctuary beverages include healthy smoothies, energy drinks, iced flavored waters and freshly made lemonade. A menu featuring a selection of light bites such as refreshing fruit skewers, lettuce wrapped spring rolls, and spicy tuna pate with baked pita wedges will also be available through the Serenity Stewards. Half-day passes for The Sanctuary are available for $10 per person, for 8 am to 12:30 pm or 1 pm to 5 pm. Passengers choosing to indulge with an outdoor massage may also enjoy an hour's use of The Sanctuary area after their treatment.

Sold out? Really?! We were on the Ruby during Christmas and there was never more than a handful of people on it. I would have used it, however there is limited sun in that area. I will definitely be interested to see the Sanctuary on the Emerald in 39 days. Who's counting eh :p

Yes, really. Our Ruby cruise in March was sold out by about 2:30pm on the first day for the entire week. In contrast, our CB cruise in Dec. was port intensive and only sold out on the one sea day.

BTW OP - I still have questions after 20+ cruises, so do not feel bad! ;)

a special section on the cruise that will "hold" your lounger and where you can get mini massages and food and if I remember correctly a small pool (not sure about that one). I hadn't heard about it until I read some posts. It is limited to a certain number of lounge seats so it should not get too crowded....

my question...when I pay the $15/day for the entire cruise do I tip when the food is brought or the massage is done? and if I do, do i tip each time?

trying to see if I can do this on my 15 day panama trip.

I'll take a stab at this -

Massage - tip the masseuse on your bill when you sign for it - they are not part of The Sanctuary staff.

Sanctuary Serenity Stewards - we tipped them at the end of the week - a healthy tip about the equivalent of our cabin steward for the week for the 2 of us. We did not have ours bring us any food at all, but the service otherwise was outstanding. To each his own on the tipping though.

Wow I appreciate that thread that you posted Colo Cruiser! and the info about the pool is good to know cuz I thought it was by the deck plan on princess (thanks geoherb).

Holy Cow it got sold out! I wonder what are my chances on the 15 day panama? It is a good mix of port and sea days, so hmmm...I think I will still make that dash. Can you cancel if you don't use it? Probably but no refund, huh.

Thanks Drives for the info on the tipping...adding it to my notes and budget plans...

Appreciate the info greatly!

Archived