How Princess alienates its friends

brother_unknown

:eek:Got a brochure in the mail from Princess with some great deals. My wife can't go on this trip--used up her vacation--so I found someone on line. Only Princess won't let me take advantage of their offer. Seems the brochure was sent only to a random sample of their members which included my wife but not me. Will stop writing now as I'll probably regret what I really want to write later.

Yes, I did write customer relations; of course, they didn't bother to write back.

OP, this isn't anything new. Princess sends out target promos to certain captains circle passengers, they have been doing this for years, so I don't understand why you are so upset as if this was something new???? There are times, if you have a good TA they will fight to get the promo extended to you also, it would be worth a try in this case. Good luck with finding a cabin mate online. (sounds kind of scarey to me though).

You found someone online??? :eek:

Thank you for making me laugh out loud this a.m.

I don't think this would have dawned on me as an option!!!!

More power to him....but I don't think I would want to cruise without my DH....and if I did, it would only be ONE other person (by best girlfriend). Maybe I'm too choosey!!!!! Ha!!!!

Thanks for the laugh though....tickled my funnybone when I read your post.

:)

really, they offer good deals in the mail? My wife and I are continuously spammed with their brochures, and the offers online through a TA are always better.

I always felt the same way. But just recently, we did get brochures in the mail about a handful of cruises that were very much discounted.

One of them was the 15 night Brazilian Adventure (Rio to FLL). On line, the minisuites were $2,999 and the brochure had them for $1,999!!! Even online today, they are back up to $2,999.

From the little I was able to gather, initially this cruise had a different itinerary--but bottom line, we would have NEVER booked this cruise if not for the brochure we rec'd in the mail. Also, given the fact that the minis were discounted (a lot of time the specials exclude minis)!

Dawn

Probably a private roomate matching service.

Years ago Princess used to do this for solo cruisers.

I think HAL still does, with the stipulation that if they cannot find a roommate for you-- you travel at the standard fare.

Pretty risky, if you ask me---:)

I think HAL still does, with the stipulation that if they cannot find a roommate for you-- you travel at the standard fare.

I don't think I've ever given it much thought, but to tell you the truth, I'm not sure if I would be thrilled if DH would go on a vacation if I didn't have the vacation time to go. Hum.....maybe because I know it wouldn't cross his mind...but it is interesting.

I just know for me...it wouldn't cross my mind if DH didn't have enough vacation to think, "that's okay...you stay here....I have enough vacation so I'm going without you...let me just find a person to share space with."

Hats off to you! You obviously will be able to cruise more!!!!

Enjoy!

I just retired. My wife will work one more year. We have three cruises scheduled over the next 12 months, but I would not consider going on any of them on which my wife could not accompany me. The fact is that what gives me the most enjoyment on a cruise is seeing my wife enjoy it.

Bill

Princess used to do it differently. If you booked solo but would accept a room mate, Princess tried to match you up with someone else of the same sex. If they couldn't find you a room mate, you still were able to keep the cabin at the reduced double rate. But they were getting so many complaints (from what I was told) that many were doing this 'expecting' to be in a cabin by themselves, that when they were assigned a cabin mate they would become furious, and they would cancel the cruise. :eek: One of those times where passengers knew the rules, but had a fit when they found they had to share a stateroom with someone they didn't know. :rolleyes:

Princess used to do it differently. If you booked solo but would accept a room mate, Princess tried to match you up with someone else of the same sex. If they couldn't find you a room mate, you still were able to keep the cabin at the reduced double rate. But they were getting so many complaints (from what I was told) that many were doing this 'expecting' to be in a cabin by themselves, that when they were assigned a cabin mate they would become furious, and they would cancel the cruise. :eek: One of those times where passengers knew the rules, but had a fit when they found they had to share a stateroom with someone they didn't know. :rolleyes:

I could see that happening... Heck, I can hear the complaints.

I guess if I am ever in a position to travel alone, I will just suck it up and pay the single fee or find a friend to share a cabin with.:o

I just retired. My wife will work one more year. We have three cruises scheduled over the next 12 months, but I would not consider going on any of them on which my wife could not accompany me. The fact is that what gives me the most enjoyment on a cruise is seeing my wife enjoy it.

Bill

Awwwwww! There isn't a gal out there, Bill, who doesn't think that you, my dear, are a prize! ;)

I personally would try this. I would book with a TA and book both you and your wife in the cabin and have it price at the special rate. I would then see if the agent can change your wife's name to your friend's name and if the rate is different, maybe they can call and have the other person refared. Seriously - I would work with an agent and see if they could pull this off.

I recently changed a person's name on a booking and their price was significantly higher then mine when we changed names.. The TA just called Princess and refared it.

This would potentially only work if this was before final payment.

Awwwwww! There isn't a gal out there, Bill, who doesn't think that you, my dear, are a prize! ;)

In fact, I was wondering if Bill had a twin brother who was single?

Also, Bill, if you want to make your wife smile, seriously, let her read what you posted. Tell her I told you to. :)

Bill

Bill, you can fool the ladies, you silver-tongued devil you, but we all know the real reason...it's called "hell to pay"! :)

Archived