What Items Should We Sell in the Cruise Critic Store?

Admin

What items should we carry in the Cruise Critic store?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. What items should we carry in the Cruise Critic store?

• Name Tags
    • Mardi Gras-Type Beads with Medallion
    • Water Bottles
    • Umbrellas
    • Windbreakers
    • Other - Answer below

Did you know Cruise Critic has an online store? We do and we sell many of your must have cruise items. But we want to know what you'd like to see in the store. What must have item should we carry that shows off your love of Cruise Critic? Take the poll or answer below!

• 1 month later...

A waterproof bag in which you could store a camera, money, credit card, etc. while on the beach or swimming. You sell the "beach safe" but that's too small to hold a camera, or most cameras. Perhaps designed as a small backpack so you could wear it while in the water.

Come to think of it, an excursion backpack would be great, too. Not too big and bulky.

Definitely T shirts in non-electric blue colors. It would be nice to have a golf shirt in a better color, too.

I would like a "cruise gift package" or something like that. I am giving a cruise to two teens for Christmas and am having a hard time figuring out how to present this (very expensive) present- especially with e-docs. Filling a box with things like luggage tags and aloe vera is not what I had in mind! In the cruise gift package could be some kind of awesome cruise gift card, a lanyard for less than $7.50:rolleyes:, a blow up ship, confetti, a lei, a sports bag (don't know what the insulated one you sell is- I have never seen one look like that and in any case: sold out).... running out of ideas here!

Pins, luggage straps and mini highlighters seem useless to me and not a good way for me to "fly my CC flag". Nicer T shirts, non-electric blue hats, and better-looking tote bags would be cool.

Also, I wish you could carry "funship Freddy" or other cruise line-specific things for people giving cruises as gifts... can you sense my desperation here?:D

reusable travel coffee cup something more than 12 ounces, something that i can use all the time instead of those puny little 6 ounce plastic glasses that bar drinks come in. stainless steel (easier to clean)
We have that! http://www.cruisecritic.com/store/product.cfm?ID=40 It's 16 oz. I have one and LOVE it. Use it daily.

I liked the old T-Shirts that CC used to sell. I have a really nice heavy white Tee with a yellow, blue and red graphic. That blue color is not very flattering. p

Also, sell the luggage straps in different colors. :)

The luggage strap is that BRIGHT yellow so you can see it easier. But different colors is something I can look into.

I don't remember old CC t shirts. I know it's a lot to ask but if you have a picture of it, can you post it or e mail me? I agree with you...the blue one is NOT my favorite. I don't wear mine because of the color and the high neck. I like V neck t shirts.

A waterproof bag in which you could store a camera, money, credit card, etc. while on the beach or swimming. You sell the "beach safe" but that's too small to hold a camera, or most cameras. Perhaps designed as a small backpack so you could wear it while in the water.

Come to think of it, an excursion backpack would be great, too. Not too big and bulky.

We do sell an insulated sportpack but it's not waterproof. Great bag but not for the water. http://www.cruisecritic.com/store/product.cfm?ID=28 You can wear it on your back but it's not a backpack per se.

We have a monopack bag that was stocked for the hosts a few years ago that I LOVE. It's my every day bag. It's one of those bags where the strap goes across your chest and the bag is on your back. I'm not describing it very well but it's called a monopack.

Definitely T shirts in non-electric blue colors. It would be nice to have a golf shirt in a better color, too.

I would like a "cruise gift package" or something like that. I am giving a cruise to two teens for Christmas and am having a hard time figuring out how to present this (very expensive) present- especially with e-docs. Filling a box with things like luggage tags and aloe vera is not what I had in mind! In the cruise gift package could be some kind of awesome cruise gift card, a lanyard for less than $7.50:rolleyes:, a blow up ship, confetti, a lei, a sports bag (don't know what the insulated one you sell is- I have never seen one look like that and in any case: sold out).... running out of ideas here!

Pins, luggage straps and mini highlighters seem useless to me and not a good way for me to "fly my CC flag". Nicer T shirts, non-electric blue hats, and better-looking tote bags would be cool.

Also, I wish you could carry "funship Freddy" or other cruise line-specific things for people giving cruises as gifts... can you sense my desperation here?:D

That's an excellent idea! We do sell 2 different cruise packs that include different items but nothing celebratory like a gift presentation. The sportpack bag is sold out right now. I'm ordering it this week though! That's one reason why I asked this question...because it's time to reorder lots of things and I think we need new things that people want. ;)

Thanks so much for the ideas.

Do you sell posters of various ships? I've made my own of NCL Jade, but it's not very crisp and clear! I'd also like a calendar showing ships, and a series of greeting cards( not too much postage to the UK there!).

Jo.

Along the lines of better colored t shirts... Cruisers can be a hefty bunch. Just saying! Perhaps some v necks in XXXXXXL sizes..... I can't get my husband's XL over my waist any more!

My XL fits me fine, and I am fluffy. They don't make Tee's as well as they use to. :( A V-neck will have to be made really well to look right. I don't mind the round neck because the sleeves are usually longer. I don't like a shorter cap like sleeve. Maybe make two styles. ;)

How about a "Cruise Critic- Pool Lounger Reserved!" sign...

I don't think these will work anymore with the cracking down of Hog Savers. Years ago, I won a contest to make a CC item to sell in the store. It was a beach towel with CC on it, and reserved. It had a pocket that fit over the top of the lounge chair, and was made of Terry Cloth. Even though I won the contest, and was suppose to get a free item (the one I designed), CC never came through. It ended up being too expensive to make. Instead, I received a package of current CC merchandise.

I will take a photo of the white T-Shirt that I have a post it soon. :)

Archived