What Items Should We Sell in the Cruise Critic Store?

Admin

What items should we carry in the Cruise Critic store?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. What items should we carry in the Cruise Critic store?

• Name Tags
    • Mardi Gras-Type Beads with Medallion
    • Water Bottles
    • Umbrellas
    • Windbreakers
    • Other - Answer below

A mouse that is transparent with a ship and some kind of blue liquid. They were once given at RCCL M&Ms but I couldn't get one.

Excellent idea! I won one of those mouses a few years back on the Liberty of the Seas at their Meet and Mingle. Had it for three years and it finally quit working. I miss it. Definitely wish they would sell something like that.

V-neck t-shirts would be perfect!! with alittle cruisecritic logo in the(front left or right side) and the Big cruisecritic logo (center on the back) :D

Along the lines of better colored t shirts... Cruisers can be a hefty bunch. Just saying! Perhaps some v necks in XXXXXXL sizes..... I can't get my husband's XL over my waist any more!

Thank you! This is a great shirt! I've never seen it.

I like it too, and may I suggest it read: "Before and after you cruise..." :) And as long as you're offering t-shirts, how about a nice quality sweatshirt? Great for Alaska or other cooler weather cruise, or just cool weather throughout the year.

Thank you for all the continued feedback. Some super suggestions. A sweatshirt...I like that idea.

We reordered several items last week and ordered a few new things as well. The last time we ordered new stuff we added travel coffee tumblers (love mine) and luggage straps (perfect for finding luggage in a crowd).

First and foremost, it would be nice to have smaller tee shirts for petite women. At 5'4" and 110 lbs, I take a ladies' XS, so a unisex small is like a big boxy tunic dress on me! An XS size would be good, separate sizing for women including an XS would be even better, and all that plus a slightly fitted option would be my fave.

Same applies to golf/polo shirts - I love them, but need a fitted XS or else it's too big.

I also definitely agree with others that you should have more color options. That blue is not for everyone. Black and white are probably popular choices, but I'd like to see more colors - maybe bright yellow with blue instead of the reverse. Or red or green or pink.

Someone recommended a gift package and I think that would be a great idea, maybe something that you could buy for yourself or for someone else for a cruise. I think it should include a corkscrew, since so many people take wine on board and often forget that. Other possibilities for the pack: sunscreen or sunblock, lip balm with sunscreen, mini umbrella, flip flops, cosmetics/toiletries bag, and a nice (like straw) beach bag.

A small travel journal would also be a nice idea, either as part of a gift pack or separate.

Small portable battery operated fan

luggage scale

night light

power converters

water proof bags for camera and other items

suit case straps in various colors and stripes

tank tops and sleeveless shirts-- NOT BLUE or YELLOW

Door plaques

I just wanted to comment on the Cruise CriticTravel Bag, you offer now. The photo doesn't do it justice. That is one fantastic item! You can carry EVERYTHING in there! Yet it is still compact. And at $14.99, you can't beat it.

I've seen similiar ones offered on ships. They are more expensive,yet can't compare quality wise with the one offered on Cruise Critic. I purchased 2, and won't cruise without one. :D

I just wanted to comment on the Cruise CriticTravel Bag, you offer now. The photo doesn't do it justice. That is one fantastic item! You can carry EVERYTHING in there! Yet it is still compact. And at $14.99, you can't beat it.

I've seen similiar ones offered on ships. They are more expensive,yet can't compare quality wise with the one offered on Cruise Critic. I purchased 2, and won't cruise without one. :D

Thanks for your feedback. I think it's a great bag too and I wish the photo conveyed how big it is and how much it holds. It's a super all around bag. Thanks again!

What's the feeling on fanny packs? I think they're dated and not as popular as they were in the 90's but we sell them in the store. I think it's time we move away from them. Is it just me?

different types of totes...the ones you said you ordered sound COOL..but definitely time to leave behind the fanny packs!

different types of totes...the ones you said you ordered sound COOL..but definitely time to leave behind the fanny packs!
The totes we ordered have arrived and we're waiting for them to be counted then we're in business. And we actually did reorder the fannypack but we got a much better one. I think they're a bit dated but the members buy them so what can we do? :)

You can buy the mouse in the liquor store on board.
I got one of these at a M&G on RCCL and used it for a while but I prefer a wireless mouse.

After reading about the recent cruise ship power outage I think a Cruise Critic mini flashlight might be cool. :)
LOL I agree.

Luggage tag holders would be my vote, also.
But aren't cruiseline luggage tags all different? My last cruise on NCL we had those sticky ones that you looped through your luggage handle and then stuck them together. There wasn't anything to put into a holder.

Admin: do you think you will be getting any new shirts in in time for Christmas?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, not before Christmas. We have the blue shirts right now and we need to finish with those before we can rorder something new. I ran a promo this month and last for 25% off every t shirt hoping to clear out some stock but it's been slow going. Right now we have our 15th Anniversary promo going on and you can use that 15% off with any other promos we have going like birthday discounts, etc. Might be a good time to get a t shirt! ;) But I know white with a new design is what members want and something V neck for ladies and that's what I'm going to try and get when we can reorder.

When I first joined CC back on 02, somehow I won the little blue beach tote. It quickly became my favorite beach bag -- perfect size, and I liked the little outside pocket. Also, it had the CC logo but it wasn't in your face. I managed to lose it in the departure port in San Juan -- please, please bring them back!!!

When I first joined CC back on 02, somehow I won the little blue beach tote. It quickly became my favorite beach bag -- perfect size, and I liked the little outside pocket. Also, it had the CC logo but it wasn't in your face. I managed to lose it in the departure port in San Juan -- please, please bring them back!!!
We have a new tote that's even better than the old one, I think. It's in stock now. I just need to update the picture then relist it on the site.

What about guide books and DVDs that are cruise specific? Most (almost all) of the books I find are geared toward those that are staying for a week or more.

The options for a journal are limitless. It could include fill-in-the-blank pages to record basic inormation like what you ate or your cabin steward's name as well as blank pages to to really go into detail. It could have a place for photos and pockets for the daily newsletters.

Thanks again for all the super ideas that keep coming! I'm taking notes and looking into the ones that might be a good fit for us. We, of course, want to provide cruisers with items that not only are useful on their cruise but show everyone their membership on the site. So many new members say they heard about us while on a cruise so having our logo out there does work! Thank you all again!

Archived