What Fashion "Rules" do You Break?

TerriSea

My purse and shoes often match, as most of my purses are black and lots of my shoes are black.

I own only one pair of shoes with a (tiny) heel, and wear them only for extremely dressy events. Otherwise, flat shoes are my thing, no matter what I have on above them. If you are lucky enough to get to my age, you may want to do the same!

I did finally give up wearing hose with sandals, although the culture shock was terrific for me. ;)

At home in Washington State, I do not wear white after Labor Day, except shirts, but in Florida or other warm climates, I wear whatever color will keep me cool, including white.

I only wear shorts around those who already love me.

Well, this sounds pretty bad, but I have been known to throw on a long raincoat over my nightgown to go to the local Casey's late at night.....sort of bothered me that I was actually that lazy until I ran into a gal one time that had done the same thing, but she had on her slippers, I do not do that!!!:p:D:eek:

I ALWAYS wear nylons with dresses.:eek:

Have a good one,

Sue

Heck I wear my nylons with SHORTS and that includes blue jean shorts too :eek:.

And my shoes don't always match my hemline (same color). If you are in your 60s you probably will remember this one.

I don't give a rat's patoot what anyone thinks of how I dress though I often get compliments on my minimalist, almost-never-any-pattern-or-prints, sort of edgy style.

I don't really care how YOU are dressed as long as you have bathed recently, are civil and have a live and let live attitude about life in general.

I own one purse! It's black leather look alike with silver studs... and I use it all year long with everything I wear.

:eek: Nobody faint now.....

And I've used the same said purse for the past 2 1/2 years. I love my purse :D

I own 3 purses. 2 are black, which I always use one of them it's a nice big one. One is small which I plan to use for our cruise. The third is silver which I have used once and really don't see me using again. Am I awful or what.:eek:

I am still trying to wrap my head around the shoes have to match the purse rule?? I plum forgot that rule (or didn't care enough to remember it).

I would love to be able to wear cotton/blended yoga pants to formal nights but even I won't break that rule...despite how I long to :o

I am still trying to wrap my head around the shoes have to match the purse rule?? I plum forgot that rule (or didn't care enough to remember it).

I would love to be able to wear cotton/blended yoga pants to formal nights but even I won't break that rule...despite how I long to :o

No, no, no....that is NOT a rule.:D

No, no, no....that is NOT a rule.:D

ROFL Thank goodness...... I am a great rule breaker but hate to think I was breaking a rule without even knowing it. Now that I know it isn't a rule I can go back to contently carrying my brown Prada knock off (but truly looks like the real macoy) purse with black clothes........oops I just broke a rule again didn't I???:eek:

I am really enjoying this thread :)

I wear yoga pants on my day off.

I wear Ed Hardy, Barbie, and Hello Kitty and I'm over 40.

I wear running shoes with everything when I'm having a bad feet day.

I buy clothing at both Target and Neiman Marcus and might even wear pieces together!

:o:o:o

Unfortunately I have seen more than one person wearing hose with shorts--I guess (to them) it makes their legs look smoother and firmer?

I don't even wear hose at all anymore, hate the feel of them, and can't imagine how uncomfortable and hot they would be with shorts. I'll live with a few lumps and wrinkles instead.

All this said, I do know one person who needs to wear hose because of a health condition and so has an excuse, in my book.

Ok, my 2 cents. [i designed apparel in my past life, so I cant help it!!!] :D

IMHO, It is a demographics thing regarding wearing white. Somehow, white pants or shoes DO NOT look right in the northeast. Sure, if you live in a warm climate, I would guess white is acceptable. Visualizing a lady walking down Madison ave in December in white heels or pants would be pretty funny..

DD just asked me last night if she should be packing her pretty white pumps on our December cruise...I said, "sure, why not!". But she wouldnt be caught wearing them here in NJ/NY, probably because I have brainwashed her! haha

Enjoy wearing whatever you look good in girls!!

I live in South Florida and wear white, seersucker and linen much of the year. The only time I don't wear those fabrics and white is if I feel cold enough for a heavy sweater or a jacket.

My rules--if you are sweating in the shade at 8:00AM, you can wear white. If if is warm enough to swim, you can wear white. If the day's high temps are in the mid-eighties and higher you can wear white.

I am a true "fashion Philistine" in that I prefer to wear jeans with a natural or nearly natural waistline. I think fashion gods have everybody fooled into believing that low slung jeans make women look thinner and sexier. For me, they aren't comfortable way down there and emphazie the widest part of the hips. Also many, many women I see in them are not flattered at all by that fit. That fit is becoming on only very young women with very slender bodies.

It amazes me what the highly influential fashion gods can convince women they simply must and must not wear regardless of how appropriate the look is for the vast majority of women. I shudder to think what next ridiculous new "look" will be coming to a clothing store near us.

It amazes me what the highly influential fashion gods can convince women they simply must and must not wear regardless of how appropriate the look is for the vast majority of women. I shudder to think what next ridiculous new "look" will be coming to a clothing store near us.

it's simple, really ... every time they convince us we have to change our styles to keep up with the current trends ... kaching! they make money.

Looks like leggings are back and I just bought 2 pair today.:p What makes me shudder is, there are going to be those who do not wear them like they are meant to be worn......looooooong top, PAH-LEEEEZE.

The last time they were "in", people completely massacred the look by just considering them another pair of pants and wore them with short tops.....and some with rumps ya' just didn't want to see.:eek: They even look ridiculous on skinny minis with a short top.

Try Russell Men's Performance Socks Dri-Power. They're 88% acrylic, 11% nylon, 1% lycra. They are absolutely the best. The most comfortable socks ever. They're men's, but they fit me perfectly and I wear a 7-8 shoe. They wash beautifully, take chlorine bleach without yellowing, and stay white. Available at Costco in a 12-pack at a reasonable price. They make me :):).

Archived