What Fashion "Rules" do You Break?

TerriSea

Okay, okay -- I'll bite! I have horrible feet and have found that ONLY Birkies allow me to stand or walk for more than 20 miutes at a time w/o pain. Thus, I wear them with everything.... Never fear, I have a black patent leather pair and even one with sparkly buckles for formal night! And now for the most terrible confession -- I DO wear them with socks:o. Luckily, I live in the desert and it's only cold enough to need them a week or two a year...

I'll now slink away and hide my feet under something...

Becca

I am a true "fashion Philistine" in that I prefer to wear jeans with a natural or nearly natural waistline. I think fashion gods have everybody fooled into believing that low slung jeans make women look thinner and sexier. For me, they aren't comfortable way down there and emphazie the widest part of the hips. Also many, many women I see in them are not flattered at all by that fit. That fit is becoming on only very young women with very slender bodies.

It amazes me what the highly influential fashion gods can convince women they simply must and must not wear regardless of how appropriate the look is for the vast majority of women. I shudder to think what next ridiculous new "look" will be coming to a clothing store near us.

Amen to that! How many women are adding another lump to their hips by wearing low slung jeans...or even pants?

My pet peeve is a woman wearing a belt that does not match her shoes!!! LOL I don't think I have seen anyone post that.

What about for those of us that don't tuck our shirts in? Even tho I've lost 140lbs in the last year I still don't wear a tucked in shirt. So you'll never know if my belt matches my shoes. Or is it a fashion no-no to not tuck in my shirt.:rolleyes: Have a good one,

Sue

I have a shorts phobia. :o. I just hate wearing shorts!

It's not that I'm shy about showing leg. I will wear those skorts - you know - shorts with a button-over panel to make them look like a miniskirt. My favorite pair is actually more like an actual mini skirt with a pair of light-weight privacy shorts sewn in. :rolleyes:

I just feel trashy wearing shorts. And I hate seeing women wear shorts that ride up into a wad between their legs when they walk. :eek: if your shorts don't stay down then maybe you should reconsider your fashion choices.

I practically only wear thong-style Birkenstocks. I have them in several bright colors and like to match them to my outfits.

In a sock store recently I saw flip-flop socks. I didn't buy any ($$), but I'm thinking about going back...

Most of my "purses" are crazy print LeSportsac tote bags and I'll admit that I will still carry one while wearing another print.

Clinton & Stacy say that accessories shouldn't "match," they should "go with."

What about for those of us that don't tuck our shirts in? Even tho I've lost 140lbs in the last year I still don't wear a tucked in shirt. So you'll never know if my belt matches my shoes. Or is it a fashion no-no to not tuck in my shirt.:rolleyes: Have a good one,

Sue

I rarely tuck my shirts either.

Barb

I wear black all year round every where I travel(its a NYC thing). As I work as a customer service rep for my local mall. I have to always be well dressed. then again I get paid to dress like that. But when i'm home its jeans and t-shirts - with logos and designs on them.

My fashion faux pas- holiday and decorative socks I love them.:D

I also wear the same evening purse and shoes every night on the cruise. and hosiery with my dresses.

I also check the mail in my pjs and slippers.. :eek:

these are my serious offenses...

just saw this on the aol front page ... I guess it's Fashion Week, and all the designers are showing their new stuff, the hot trends are

yellow eyeliner :eek:

orange lipstick :eek:

frizzed-out-to-the-max-hair (we're talking Carrot Top here) :eek:

and apparently Ralph Lauren has designed a coat that looks like an old west tablecloth with lace edging ... it looks truly dreadful ...

but I guess now those that do what the style shows & designers say, will be getting rid of their old lipsticks & liners, frizzing their hair and raiding Gramma's linen closet!!

Jeans & white tennies are looking pretty good right now! ;)

just saw this on the aol front page ... I guess it's Fashion Week, and all the designers are showing their new stuff, the hot trends are

frizzed-out-to-the-max-hair (we're talking Carrot Top here) :eek:

and apparently Ralph Lauren has designed a coat that looks like an old west tablecloth with lace edging ... it looks truly dreadful ...

but I guess now those that do what the style shows & designers say, will be getting rid of their old lipsticks & liners, frizzing their hair and raiding Gramma's linen closet!!

Jeans & white tennies are looking pretty good right now! ;)

Ohhhh looks like I am going to be out of style yet again :)

LOL I have a friend who is doing hair at Fashion Week here's what he had to say . """""What a tough life , did the hair of Cristiano Ronaldo's girlfriend at the ****** swimsuit show at Fashion Week. It was very difficult doing her hair while she was changing bikini.""""" he's a straight hot blooded Italian so it must be sooo hard for him working under those conditions :rolleyes:

My pet peeve is a woman wearing a belt that does not match her shoes!!! LOL I don't think I have seen anyone post that.

If I wore belts I'd not try to match them to my shoes. "Go with" like Omega Mu mentioned, absolutely. Why not wear a metallic belt with black, brown, red or other colored shoe?

Okay, my turn....birkies for me (year round)....and....I think I might win the Fashion Gods Jacka** prize 'cause I still use a fanny pack when I need to have my hands free for shopping, and always in ports. I don't actually wear it on my fanny, but in the front sorta to the side. It becomes an extension of my belly...which, come to think of it, also lays sorta to the side. LOL

If I wore belts I'd not try to match them to my shoes. "Go with" like Omega Mu mentioned, absolutely. Why not wear a metallic belt with black, brown, red or other colored shoe?

You can wear it but I would not be caught dead in a metallic belt. I prefer to dress for success. :) It is just the business woman in me.

Sue

So if your shirt is covering your belt then how would I know that it did not match!! Better yet, why wear a belt if it is not gonna show? Unless you are using the belt to hold up your pants!! :D

frizzed-out-to-the-max-hair (we're talking Carrot Top here) :eek:...

Great news! I won't have to worry about do all the stuff to my hair to keep it from being frizzed-out-to-the-max!!!

;)

So if your shirt is covering your belt then how would I know that it did not match!! Better yet, why wear a belt if it is not gonna show? Unless you are using the belt to hold up your pants!! :D

Sort of. lol. With the way I've been losing weight I would lose my pants without a belt. And you don't want to see that.:eek: I can't afford to buy new pants every 2-3 weeks so if I wear a belt I could usually wear them at least a month before buying new ones. Have a good one, Sue

Sort of. lol. With the way I've been losing weight I would lose my pants without a belt. And you don't want to see that.:eek: I can't afford to buy new pants every 2-3 weeks so if I wear a belt I could usually wear them at least a month before buying new ones. Have a good one, Sue

I might be able to be more fashionable if you would tell us how you are losing weight so quickly that you would need to buy new pants every couple of weeks.:eek: Come on...give it.

I might be able to be more fashionable if you would tell us how you are losing weight so quickly that you would need to buy new pants every couple of weeks.:eek: Come on...give it.

Actually I had a lot of help.:o My health, weight and body was in really bad shape. So my insurance paid for my to have gastric bypass surgery. I've lost 145lbs since 6/15/09.:D Health is 100% better, weight is great (I now weigh 125lbs) and body is so so. The worst time was work from Jan through April I was losing the weight the fastest for some reason. I was actually buying new clothes about every other week for work. Goodwill loved me.;) I think I have finally leveled out now. At least I hope so, I really don't need to lose anymore, too many bones are starting to stick out now. But I am trying to wear different styles of clothing. That's one reason I like the fashion forum on cc. You all have a good one,

Sue

Archived