Who's been caught taking spirits onboard?

crazydizzymoo

I don't care if you use rum runners. I am just saying I have never had a glass bottle broke and it is fact that a glass bottle has more compressive strength than a soft or hard plastic bottle. That is NOT inaccurate information.. end of story.

I have never met anyone with such a hyper fear of compression as you seem to exhibit.

Compression or droppage.... which is more typical.... of a cruise ship baggage handler?

I know, KNIFE ATTACKs! :D:eek:

jc

I have never met anyone with such a hyper fear of compression as you seem to exhibit.

Compression or droppage.... which is more typical.... of a cruise ship baggage handler?

jc

I have no fear of compression, nor have we ever met. Both good things!

To answer your second question both equal and what has this got to do with anything if the container is well protected within the bag?

Try this: Jump on a glass bottle of water a plastic bottle of water and a rumrunner of water and tell me which one bursts first!

I don't care if you use rum runners. I am just saying I have never had a glass bottle broke and it is fact that a glass bottle has more compressive strength than a soft or hard plastic bottle. That is NOT inaccurate information.. end of story.

Princess has broken glass bottles on us twice and have never broken a rumrunner!

I read on a post somewhere that they put wine in one of those wine shipping boxes, put a luggage tag on it and put it with their checked luggage. Didn't have any problem. Anyone done this? We will be going on Princess in December and flying to port on day of sailing. We were thinking of doing that and checking it with our luggage. We are being picked up by Princess at the airport. Thoughts?? Or should we just put it in our checked luggage? We are not trying to get around buying wine or drinks on board. We always order wine with dinner and have drinkis in the bars. Just want to be able to sit on our balcony and enjoy a glass of wine.

I read on a post somewhere that they put wine in one of those wine shipping boxes, put a luggage tag on it and put it with their checked luggage. Didn't have any problem. Anyone done this? We will be going on Princess in December and flying to port on day of sailing. We were thinking of doing that and checking it with our luggage. We are being picked up by Princess at the airport. Thoughts?? Or should we just put it in our checked luggage? We are not trying to get around buying wine or drinks on board. We always order wine with dinner and have drinkis in the bars. Just want to be able to sit on our balcony and enjoy a glass of wine.

Put a tag on it, it will be fine. :)

It's amazing how whiskey, scotch and bourbon look alot like ice tea and rum and vodka looks alot like water. When I go into a port, I usually walk back onto the ship with a 1 liter bottle of "water" and a 1 liter bottle of "ice tea"!

Hilarious :D

I read on a post somewhere that they put wine in one of those wine shipping boxes, put a luggage tag on it and put it with their checked luggage. Didn't have any problem. Anyone done this? We will be going on Princess in December and flying to port on day of sailing. We were thinking of doing that and checking it with our luggage. We are being picked up by Princess at the airport.

Most of the posts saying that are talking about checked at the dock, not checked with the airline.

Not sure if the wine shipping boxes will hold up to airline's gentle handling.

Princess treats their guests like adults, RCCL like criminals. Never had a problem with Princess and have never had to hide it.

RCCL has really cracked down recently, I guess. My friend always smuggled vodka in water bottles and never had a problem....now they say they will inspect water, shampoo, mouthwash bottles!

We have always brought wine/champagne in our checked bags on RCCL. Two years ago, we were 6 adults and brought on 7 bottles of wine/champagne without a problem.

Restaurants and bars generally don't allow you to bring your own food or liquor in (there are some exceptions to this), sports stadiums don't allow you to bring your own beer or hot dogs inside the stadium or arena, many theme parks don't allow outside food or beverages to be brought in. These are business decisions that they make, and the consumer decides whether they accept this business decision or not. There is nothing "criminal" in their business decision solely because you disagree with it.

Many, if not most, fine dining restaurants allow you to bring your own wine/champagne to enjoy with your dinner. They will usually charge a corkage fee, but it is fairly common to do this and we have done it on many occasions.

28 princess cruises with bottles packed in my checked luggagge and never a broken bottle.

You have been lucky!Broken Glass in the suitecase and washing a suitecase full of clothes,all before the ship has sailed.These were bottles that made it on a plane from Chicago to Florida,unbroken and couldn't make it from the pier to the cabin!

jc

You guys are killing me!! Knife attacks!! ROFL!!!!

I will not take a box of wine onto a plane. With luggage restrictions it is much cheaper to buy the wine in the embarkation port. For example, in Fort Lauderdale I go online to Total Wine preorder my wine and pre-pay for the purchase. When I arrive at the airport I get a cab to the ship, stop off at Total Wine, check my order for accuracy, have them seal the box of wine and tape a luggage tag on it. Then I jump back in the cab and proceed to the dock and turn the box over (with an appropriate tip) to the porters. It arrives in my cabin within a few hours. I generally take one bottle of wine for each full day of the cruise. It not only saves me money but allows me to drink the wines I prefer. I have never had a problem bringing on wine.

In a month we will be embarking from Brooklyn. I will pre-order my wine and pick it up on my way to the ship. I anticipate no problems with this.

Princess has broken glass bottles on us twice and have never broken a rumrunner!

Well sure, but that is only because they didn't take it out of the bag and jump on it. :D Seriously, how can we be having this disagreement? Anyone who has used a rumrunner knows that compression is not an issue, and anyone who has ever held and dropped a bottle of liquor before knows that dropping is a serious issue for glass bottles.

Honestly, I am just amazed, at what people post thinking that they are helping out others....:rolleyes:

jc

Honestly, I am just amazed, at what people post thinking that they are helping out others....:rolleyes:

jc

Now I am worried.:eek: Does my rumrunner stand a better chance of survival if filled with wine or liquor? Between the knife attacks, dropping & crushing I think I'd give up & leave the suitcase home and travel with a paper sack. :D

I will not take a box of wine onto a plane. With luggage restrictions it is much cheaper to buy the wine in the embarkation port. For example, in Fort Lauderdale I go online to Total Wine preorder my wine and pre-pay for the purchase. When I arrive at the airport I get a cab to the ship, stop off at Total Wine, check my order for accuracy, have them seal the box of wine and tape a luggage tag on it. Then I jump back in the cab and proceed to the dock and turn the box over (with an appropriate tip) to the porters. It arrives in my cabin within a few hours. I generally take one bottle of wine for each full day of the cruise. It not only saves me money but allows me to drink the wines I prefer. I have never had a problem bringing on wine.

In a month we will be embarking from Brooklyn. I will pre-order my wine and pick it up on my way to the ship. I anticipate no problems with this.

And none of them were broken when they reached your room??

Archived