Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

Thanks for the additional tips, Pam. Good stuff! No, we have never used Uber. Last cruise with Debbie we rented a car for the 2 days in Ft. Lauderdale. We then drove from Ft. Lauderdale to MIA to drop off and took advantage of the free shuttle to POM. On the way back we used QLS and it was $13/person. We have also used SAS before on a previous cruise.

As I said previously, I am sure we will use remaining credit on SWA and need to fly into FLL. We are even toying with the idea of flying in the day of the cruise if my DH can't get the extra day off before. We have never done that before. We ALWAYS go the day before but, may not have that choice this time :( It makes me nervous but, we will see. I guess we will have to do what we have to do.

The sun beds look so inviting but, we won't spend that much, as usual we are on a budget and our money will go to diving this cruise. I think on Labadee, we will try to find a shady place with loungers and a nice sandy water entry and park ourselves there for the day. Maybe even go check out some of the other areas on the island. I'm not sure how long my DH will just lay around!

Thanks again for all of the info on the Navigator, it sounds like we are in for a great cruise! So excited!!!

I've finally caught up with my reading here. Thanks so much for the info, Pam. I know we can read reviews from others, but I really appreciate your perspective. Any "must do" items while on the Navigator?

Everything about that sunbed looks wonderful, Laurie, but like Kim, I don't think my DH would get his money's worth. Therefore, neither would I. He's the reason I lose weight on a cruise. He keeps me moving. I could imagine spending the day reading to my heart's content. It looks lovely!

Chicos has some great slub linen drop hem shirts in 6 colors. I got hot pink, margarita green, white & turquoise. The Orange was too much (even for me!). Great colors on many things, the orange looks like their big summer color

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Melody,

I wonder if you might be an ICE or maybe and AIR?I could be way off-- does anyone else have any thoughts? Looking at some of the backgrounds of your posted photos--it makes me wonder?????

Debbie,

How did your green/navy dress work out?

We're going to NOLA to visit our DS soon, excited about that! Going to Cozumel this summer--always fun! That's it for any travel plans for us.

What's everyone else been up to?

I thought initially Air/Ice, but the soft colors just don't work (I look exhausted, even with gobs of makeup). Fire (& some deep Earth) colors seem to work the most for me--at least they make me happy.

Two of our grands are moving to Colorado Springs this summer & our son (their Dad) is getting married this summer! Two other grands are either college bound or already in college. Going to be a busy summer for sure, no trips till end of November for us this year. Melody

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well, Ladies..... <drumroll>

Since we're discussing travel plans. I took to heart Margaret's message about not letting air travel stop me from seeing more of the world...

So, I'm busy planning our trip to Japan!

We will be heading out to Vancouver for a few days before we board Celebrity Millennium for a TransPacific to Tokyo. Leaving the first part of September.

The cruise is 15 nights (we are losing a day crossing the International Date Line so it's billed as a 16-night crossing, from September 9 to the 24th). We are staying 2 nights in Vancouver beforehand (a travel day's night and then just one sightseeing day), 2 nights in Tokyo (because we will actually have an overnight on the ship to a total of 3 sightseeing days), and 2 nights in Seattle to help with the transition from Japan and crossing the International Date Line (again!) so that we arrive in Seattle before we leave Tokyo! Messing with my body clock! Again!

May have a few things to say about my travel research. May ask for some help with wardrobe planning. One item I know I'm going to have to concentrate on is a good (fabulous!) pair of waterproof walking shoes that will have a bit more fashion sense than my current Merrells.

This trip is actually a trial run for a big adventure next Spring. We'll be going back to Japan to do a more extensive visit followed by a TransPacific back to Vancouver. That's going to be another big planning effort but I'm being helped by traveling with several people that I've cruised with previously and they have my back for shore excursions, advice, etc.

Really looking forward to seeing how much Japan meets my expectations....

P.S. Thank you, Margaret.

Melody, based on these recent photos I'm wondering if maybe you're a Deep Winter. I keep thinking back to that early photo you posted in the royal blue suit, which was very lovely. And in the lighter green top, your skin looks so warm and even but I agree it is a muted look for you. I feel the same way in that color... I can wear it, but I don't stand out in it. Your FIRE outfit seems to suit your personality, but it is hard to tell anything about skin tones from a flash picture like that.

Have we seen you in red? The kind of red that works for you would say a lot, I think.

https://www.pinterest.com/explore/deep-winter-palette/

Yay Pam! If I ever get DH to go to Japan again, you will be my travel guru. :)

(He's been there fairly often on some pretty awful business trips. At 6'3" he has had lots of head-bumping there which taints his expectations.)

I'm going through some pretty disruptive hormonal insomnia right now. I'd much rather be having it on a cruise!

Melody, I think that Margaret makes a good point. I know Curt was looking at a lot of us through pictures, so it can make it rough to be sure of what season we are. I provided a lot of different pictures in different lighting, because I was concerned that I didn't look the same in many of them. There was also a particular picture, where I was able to say "look how well you can see my eyes, and the color is exactly what I see in the mirror". In that photo, my shirt was an earthy darker red. I got the feeling I was earth, and after Curt confirmed it, I have really never looked back. I can sometimes wear fire colors, and you have seen them....but I do have to be careful, as they will often wear me, if you know what I mean. I just posted a picture over on the earth thread of a shirt I just picked up. It's kind of borderline color wise between fire and earth. It photographed very brightly in my room, and the lighting in there is always a problem.

Anyway, I think it would be great to see you do a color test like Anita and I did a while back, where we use that stone face with natural light coming in from a window...

Your eyes look really deep blue. One of those photos of your eye up close would be great too! Remember how good Anita did that experiment? I'm not sure this picture will show up right, but it got me thinking. I haven't researched enough to know if it is accurate, but when I saw it, I wanted to see you in some of these colors.

1af6b49b688ffe8d3bae4068e4b23ba7.jpg

Pam, Japan sounds like quite an adventure! I now that someday, I will be able to take some longer trips and I look forward to that. There are so many places to explore, and sometimes you need more than 7 days due to the travel time or the type of area you are traveling to.

Well, Ladies..... <drumroll>

Since we're discussing travel plans. I took to heart Margaret's message about not letting air travel stop me from seeing more of the world...

So, I'm busy planning our trip to Japan!

I think Margaret is correct . Let's face it we are not getting younger . The air travel part is awful but it is only a short blip in our life . When I returned from Barcelona after flying to Frankfurt , a three hour delay , being searched in Frankfurt and detained because my carry on was positive for explosives ( it was the powder from my inhaler ) then a nine and a half hour flight to Tampa and an hour and a half drive home I wanted to burn my clothes and never do this again . It is a few days later and I am already looking at future travel.Let's face it we are travelers . P. S . I am going to Cuba in Sept.

Melody, based on these recent photos I'm wondering if maybe you're a Deep Winter. I keep thinking back to that early photo you posted in the royal blue suit, which was very lovely. And in the lighter green top, your skin looks so warm and even but I agree it is a muted look for you. I feel the same way in that color... I can wear it, but I don't stand out in it. Your FIRE outfit seems to suit your personality, but it is hard to tell anything about skin tones from a flash picture like that.

Have we seen you in red? The kind of red that works for you would say a lot, I think.

https://www.pinterest.com/explore/deep-winter-palette/

Margaret, I seldom wear red (I was a redhead, so never got into reds). I have a redheads complexion including the green eyes, in fact my eyes are pretty much the color of that green top. Here's a picture of of us with our granddaughter at her graduation today. 6" of snow & mid 20s (it was miserable) 4cf5a8225df4320dfa5f4156a898f4fc.jpg6cff555e9fcd355cc5ef484abc4186d2.jpg. Clear colors look best on me. Melody

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Melody,

It would be interesting to see you do some color drapes :) I'm leaning toward ICE/Winter for you. I "think" the blue lace top you have on in the photo looks more ICE than FIRE.

Sally,

You make some really valid points on air travel. I can't say long trips are fun but, I just look at it as an inevitable part of the trip if I want to go to far away places.

Pam,

Japan sounds exotic :)

You may do to something with winter, the clear colors are definitely good, but some deep winter colors look awful. Can I be a Fire & Ice??? Melody

You may do to something with winter, the clear colors are definitely good, but some deep winter colors look awful. Can I be a Fire & Ice??? Melody

Nope-- ICE is clear and blue undertones and FIRE is clear and yellow undertones. Opposites.

Willing to do some color draping and post photos? We can at least give you opinions--now, whether they are right or wrong is debatable :eek:

In this photo, you don't look anything like I would with a black/white top and black background (I am a definite FIRE). I would look like death warmed over. I think you look nice in it!

ce19ca77c9fb50a44695475201e2b564.jpg

Melody, this might help:

wnters.jpg

It drives me a bit crazy that when you start looking at 12 season color analysis, you run into different terminology and different ways of organizing the seasons.

I don't think any of us FIRE or EARTH ladies would say we look good in white, but you do, so I would bet you're one of the three winters.

I look so bad on white or black that people actually ask me if I'm sick! Melody, Curt mentioned once about Celtic background can sometimes be winter even with auburn or dark red hair.

That reminds me, I did the 23 & me thing. I'll get back to that.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app