Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

Understand totally, Laurie. I live in the world of "I'll know it when I see it, but I haven't seen it yet." The chocolate option you showed is lovely, but like you said--just a little too formal for that dress. You are so good at always finding that just-right level of elevating the outfit with the accessories rather than overwhelming. Please show us what makes the final cut.

Melody, depending upon the shade of iridescence, that could be better than the chocolate. I first thought of the purplish shade (my favorite) but the tealish iridescence I've seen could be, like you said, stunning. Good call.

Edited by aoknkentucky
posted too quickly

One of the things I have realized is that I seldom look at someone and love their outfit just because of the shirt or pants. It's how things work together, the statement the while outfit makes.

I know what statement I wsnt to make. I was thinking elegant, not loud, but something that isn't too customary.

Yup, I'll know it when I see It! And I love thst necklace I shared the link on, the chocolate diamond one. It's just more formal than what I had in mind.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I've been doing just a bit a research...mostly looking at pictures and reading short things on Pinterest...and I did find a quiz or two...Debbie, I'm pretty sure I'm a Natural! Not sure about a sub category on that, Flamboyant versus Soft...

I'm trying to come up with a bit of a capsule wardrobe here to draw from for the rest of the summer.

Melody,

Your daughter's trip sounds fantastic. Are they having a good time?

I am finally feeling "almost" normal. WOW--that "Chihuahua flu" (as we call it) sure kicked my butt. Took 3 weeks to get rid of the cough. We did find out another guy on our dive boat got it too :(

I love to read about all of the accessorizing--I have absolutely nothing to add but, love to read it.

I keep seeing this thread pop up....what is "FIRE" season clothing....I am assuming it is something that describes what color of clothes you should wear for your skin tone.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Your assumption that FIRE refers to skin tone and what type of color enhances your skin tone is correct.

The terminology Fire, Earth, Ice, and Air originates with Curt, aka CJW, aka Curt Jerome Wild (IIRC, it's been so long since I've seen his screen name!) who made a personal study of color theory as it pertains to fashion. It's similar to the book Color Me Beautiful from way back when. Colors are categorized based on their clarity (clear versus muted) and temperature (warm versus cool). The theory being that just about every color has a version that is wearable for anyone, you just have to find the flattering clarity and temperature for your element/coloring. Curt did have color palettes for each element, but the idea wasn't so much that you had to match the colors of the palette so much as blend to determine whether or not a color was the muted/clear and/or cool/warm.

Fire is clear and warm, similar to Spring in other systems.

Earth is muted and warm, similar to Autumn.

Ice is clear and cool, similar to Winter.

Air is muted and warm, similar to Summer.

OBX is for Outer Banks? It's a drive of about 4 hours I think to the coast. So not really a day trip. It's at least an overnight. We're going to go to a very close by lake for some kayaking this weekend. The move is the following weekend. But DH has a 3 day weekend the end of August, so maybe then? I read up about a state park or similar that has camping on the beach. Only ferry access to the island too. Camping on the beach is something on my to do list for sure.

OBX is Outer Banks. If you don't have a reservation for the end of August you probably won't get one this year. Don't know about the state park, but if they're like Colorado they've been sold out for months. Have fun kayaking! Hope you kept our rash guard! Melody

I did keep my rash guards! I let those fall under the exercise clothing rule. ;)

DH has been in NJ this week. He comes home today. I'll have to talk to him about when we might go to OBX and how we might do that. After all the trips back and forth from ATL to here...longer car rides just aren't appealing right now. Not sure if I mentioned that I made the last trip back to ATL last weekend. I got all the things out of my friends' basement that I couldn't fit before. So now everything that is moving has made the trip to NC.

I've high hopes for the fun of this kayaking spot this weekend. It's only a 15 minute drive away! That could make for some fun late afternoon weekday water sport!

...longer car rides just aren't appealing right now. /QUOTE]

Long car rides aren't long if you make the part of the trip. Drive 4-6 hours a day with stops along the way and find a fun place to stay at night.

I agree with this sentiment, BUT... I don't know if you have popped over to the Earth thread and have read how I have just moved from the Atlanta area to North Carolina. I did that drive between the two 5 times in 6 days. The longest version was over 8 hours...and it usually was about 5.5 hours. That drive was also done periodically since April as we sorted through the business of moving...and we moved my DH's temporary apt stuff back down to ATL from PA/NJ about one month before (14 hours)...and I had to go back to ATL last weekend to get the last of our stuff...

Anyway...getting the car AT ALL is just not appealing! I can handle the short errand running...but I need more time away. I might be up for it by the end of the month...when DH has a 3 day weekend with his Off Friday.

And may I second Kim, welcome to the conversation!

I agree with this sentiment, BUT... I don't know if you have popped over to the Earth thread and have read how I have just moved from the Atlanta area to North Carolina. I did that drive between the two 5 times in 6 days. The longest version was over 8 hours...and it usually was about 5.5 hours. That drive was also done periodically since April as we sorted through the business of moving...and we moved my DH's temporary apt stuff back down to ATL from PA/NJ about one month before (14 hours)...and I had to go back to ATL last weekend to get the last of our stuff...

Anyway...getting the car AT ALL is just not appealing! I can handle the short errand running...but I need more time away. I might be up for it by the end of the month...when DH has a 3 day weekend with his Off Friday.

And may I second Kim, welcome to the conversation!

Ugh....that changes things. Driving the same route gets really old. We drive between FL and TN several times a year and that gets so old - I'm always looking for ways to make it a little more interesting. But, sometimes we just want to get the drive over with and do the 7.5-8 hour drive in one day,

You have a very valid reason to not be thrilled with car trips right now, Anita.

One of my favorite car trips was from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon. You drive for miles in the middle of nowhere. While that may seem boring, we listen to music or chstted or just took I the scenery. That is much harder to do when you are giving directions.

Your specific trip though wss rough, as there was no relaxation in between. Kind of like our Syracuse to Albany to NYC to Albany to Syracuse trio in one day thing. Never again!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app