Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

Melody, when you use these this summer or on your next cruise, it would be great to see pictures of you in them. The black and floral one is definitely winter. The blue one is either earth or air (bottoms are a mix). This last one might be at least part fire.

They are all very pretty! And I'm just thinking about how all mine are solid colors. 🤔🤔

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

These are all going on the cruise. The black floral is the most flattering color on me, followed by the airy/fiery paisley. The blue is a great cut (& a Miracle suit for $22) & more airy in person. I'm still looking for the perfect bottoms for it (may just end up with black, which is what it was shown with at the store. Three tops & 2 bottoms for under $100, I'm happy. I'll try to get Les to get pictures of me in them.

The swimsuits at Athleta (that luminescence suit, very earthy green/gold just went on final clearance). As long as you know the size will work they're down around $20...they can't be returned. Melody

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm having eye surgery (other eye) next Tuesday, I'll be off the boards for a couple of weeks, sigh. No reading or computer, double sigh. Melody

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The paisley print looks much brighter in the outside picture than it does in the bedroom photo. It's amazing how pictures capture color much differently than in person. I think one looks AIR while the other looks FIRE. Which one is the best representative of the color, Melody?

I remember way back when we posted our greens for everyone to help each other decide what looked best. I had sooooo many green tops--15-20, if I remember correctly. From my pictures, nothing that I had was the correct green. What!?! It wasn't possible! Now I realize that I gave up on colors that were ok. Maybe not my very bestest color green, but they matched my eye color and could have happily stayed in my closet and been wardrobe workhorses. The pictures didn't accurately show what my eyes saw. Oh, well. When Emerald Turquoise becomes an 'it" color again, I'll be ready!

Two weeks sounds like a long no-screen time to me, and audio books might be the only thing that would keep me sane. I hope your surgery is a great success, Melody. Please let us know as soon as you can that everything is ok with you.

Happy cruising to Laurie and Sally.

This is such a different cruise itinerary for me. I thought I had everything pretty much planned and organized and then a few things happened: the port of Dutch Harbor was removed and Sitka, Alaska put into its place. Things happen. But the impact for me is that we moved from a port that was forecast to be around 54 F but sunny to a port forecast to be 59 F and rain. That changes things.

And the temperature in Vancouver is 10 degrees higher than the forecast. Went from rain to sunny with higher humidity. That changes things.

And the Sitka port is on the 3rd cruise day. The Dutch Harbor port was on the 6th cruise day. So, wow, are we going to have a bunch of sea days in a row. I don't know how that changes things? But I'm sure it has to for something? 10 all-in-a-row sea days. I think that's a record for me. To date, the most sea days were on the Allure and Oasis TransAtlantics, such big ships with so many activities. This cruise is on the Millennium, obviously not as big and a whole different vibe.

So I'm thinking that I probably need more leisurewear than I planned for previously, if that's even remotely possible... who EVER needs MORE leisurewear?!? Seriously, I was planning on wearing leisurewear a bit less on this cruise, but now?..... Hmmm... why is it that this one little port change has turned my perspective upside down?

Leaving on Wednesday for Vancouver. It's a nicely timed flight. We will be picked up for the airport around 7:15am, which gives us loads of time to have one of the best omelettes in Scottsdale at Sky Harbor so we will board an American Airlines flight with satisfied tummies. We get into Vancouver in the mid-afternoon, so again a nice time. Hotel room should be ready. We will just settle in and probably do a bit of walking around and have a nice meal. No time zone change; no worries.

We intend to do a bit of hiking on Thursday. We will walk from our hotel to Stanley Park and have a fantastic hamburger at the Tea House there. Then, try to walk off our indulgences so that we can enjoy our dinner! High fives all around for a great idea!

Friday is our embarkation day. I've read all about the woes of embarking at Canada Place. I'm fully prepared to have a long queue and a slightly aggravating experience, if I allow. So, I'm already working on my Zen for that one. What are you doing? Standing in line. How are you doing? Standing in line. Will prepare for this one as much as possible. Hey, I need to find out if I can use my phone in Canada. Anita, can you tell me? If I can use my phone, then I can call Anita every time we move a foot! That would be exciting.

It's a 15-night cruise. We have the two ports of Otaru and Hakodate. We arrive in Tokyo (Yokohama) for an overnight stay. We will disembark on Sunday to the Tokyo Hilton. And we will be flying home on Tuesday. ALL THE WAY HOME. We are leaving Tokyo and arriving in Scottsdale ON THE SAME DAY. You guys know me... this is HUGE.

SO, has anyone ever used a Horary Chart? I have researched and stumbled upon this information: Minimize Jetlag by Resetting the Body Clock with Acupressure. I will report back and let everyone know how this works out for me.

I'm not too sure about my pictodiary capabilities. There's really not too much to document about sea day after sea day. We're going to have some amazing Caribbean and Cuban sharing I think. So, maybe I'll try to do a bit in my ports, but there's just not a whole lot of inspiration from a pictodiary sense that feels appropriate for this sailing. What do you all think? Is anyone interested in Japan and/or a bunch of sea days strung together? LOL.