Princess Shore Excursions

Woobstr112G

I just noted something strange while checking my Princess sponsored shore excursions, that I've reserved, for our cruise in February. When I first booked this cruise a couple of weeks ago, I reserved a whale watching excursion in Maui. Earlier today, I booked excursions for the other three port stops. Just now, I was checking my reserved shore excursions and I no longer see the Maui excursion I reserved a couple of weeks ago. Has anyone else experienced this.....:confused::confused::confused:

Bob

I just noted something strange while checking my Princess sponsored shore excursions, that I've reserved, for our cruise in February. When I first booked this cruise a couple of weeks ago, I reserved a whale watching excursion in Maui. Earlier today, I booked excursions for the other three port stops. Just now, I was checking my reserved shore excursions and I no longer see the Maui excursion I reserved a couple of weeks ago. Has anyone else experienced this.....:confused::confused::confused:

Bob

Bob I believe I read here before where the same thing has happened to others. :(

Bob

Hi Bob. Your post made me check on my Princess excursion for my upcoming Caribbean Collection cruise, and it still shows up online. I think I'll watch it carefully in the future. Hope you and Holly are doing well.

Howard (MGnut - from the 2009 Ruby T/A)

Thought I'd share a couple of experiences with Princess shore excursions.

After booking online I have seen the price to book online increase before the cruise. I've also seen it increase onboard when our tablemates attempted to book the same tour. I wish I'd known they wanted to book it before we cancelled it.

FYI...we've had this happen & it's another reason to book early if you're doing it with Princess. There's no downside because you have up to about 24-36 hours before the tour to cancel onboard.

Watch the prices also. On the Diamond Beijing to Singapore in a couple of weeks and in August I downloaded and printed off some excursions - one I was interested in was priced at $49. I didn't book it then but went to book yesterday and the price for the same tour now costs $69 a pretty hefty rise really. To make matters worse though, when I tried to reserve the tour it came up that I would be waitlisted and the price would be $79. I think that sucks.:)

Quite a few times, the price has increased between the time I booked and boarded. I've taken my booking summary to the Shore Excursion Desk and they honored the original price. This is one of the reasons why I always print out my booking summary and bring it with me.

Quite a few times, the price has increased between the time I booked and boarded. I've taken my booking summary to the Shore Excursion Desk and they honored the original price. This is one of the reasons why I always print out my booking summary and bring it with me.

Hi Pam - I've printed off my booking summary but it doesn't actually show the prices of the shore excursions - just dates and times etc. Any way to get the prices that I had booked at to show up??

Thanks

I'm reposting this question to you since you may not return to the original thread to read it.

Hi Pam - I've printed off my booking summary but it doesn't actually show the prices of the shore excursions - just dates and times etc. Any way to get the prices that I had booked at to show up??

Thanks

With these philosphys,one should check their excursions every day so that when the price comes down they can copy/print and save until the next time.It seems to me like alot of waisted time and ink and paper.Excursions seldom change if any.

This is why I like Celebrity Cruise Line excursion policy.You have a prepay option and if the price is lower when you embark,you get the difference back.

This is why I like Celebrity Cruise Line excursion policy.You have a prepay option and if the price is lower when you embark,you get the difference back.

I have never seen Princess excursions have a lower price on the ship than pre-booking. In fact, the opposite is often true.

Archived