Daily records

toberman

We use a journal especially made for cruising. I like the fact that it has hard bound covers, is sprial bound and can be used from cruise to crusie . We got it from an on-line place called Journals Unlimited. And each page is front and back so you have plenty of room to write down information.

INNER_ju-53.jpg

I was keeping a journal on my last two cruises for a health program I did at work. I recorded all my food and drinks and exercise. While I was in the program, it was fairly easy to track things once I got used to doing so. Now that I'm out of the program, I've stopped tracking my food and beverages (but still trying to follow the good practices I learned about portion sizes, eating more fruits and vegetables, etc.) I do still keep track of the number of steps each day because we have another program at work where teams of us are walking different virtual trips. The first one was from Raleigh to San Diego. The current one is taking us up the Appalachian Trail. (My team will get to the end this week.)

I don't keep track of the things I'm going to do, cause we're more the wing-it type people; however each day we buy a postcard that best represents what we did that day (either from a port/or the cruise ship on a sea day) and at the end of the day we fill out all the fun things we did that day on the back of the card. At home we have a basket we throw all these post cards in. Between the cruises and land vacations the basket has gotten pretty full. We keep the basket on a side table in our living room for easy access. It's fun when people we've travelled with come over and search for "their" postcards. We also have easy access to a lot of great memories.

• 2 weeks later...

Ladycruiser

Are all the pages the same as this page?

(This is such a cool site! I am going to order some of these aas Christmas presents)

We use a journal especially made for cruising. I like the fact that it has hard bound covers, is sprial bound and can be used from cruise to crusie . We got it from an on-line place called Journals Unlimited. And each page is front and back so you have plenty of room to write down information.

INNER_ju-53.jpg

I remember that thread....I can't imagine anything more "unvacation-like" than chronicling every second!

We try to keep up as best we can because we like to do a scrapbook on our trip when we get home. It is hard to remember things (at least for us) if we don't write a few down. I don't think anyone is doing every second.

Kirk

I like writing in my journal every day for all my trips on land as well as for the cruises. I don't like forms with spaces to fill in because I really like to write .

I have one book with a map of Italy on the cover for my Italy trips. I have another with the map of the world on the cover for everywhere else!

I don't keep track of the things I'm going to do, cause we're more the wing-it type people; however each day we buy a postcard that best represents what we did that day (either from a port/or the cruise ship on a sea day) and at the end of the day we fill out all the fun things we did that day on the back of the card. At home we have a basket we throw all these post cards in. Between the cruises and land vacations the basket has gotten pretty full. We keep the basket on a side table in our living room for easy access. It's fun when people we've travelled with come over and search for "their" postcards. We also have easy access to a lot of great memories.

Oh that is great idea, might borrow that one! I usually do keep a journal on land trips (this will be first cruise), and do make notes on hotels, restaurants, etc. mostly so can write reviews on trip advisor, since I rely on peope's input there so much for land vacations. Probably will do a journal on the cruise too so can contribute back an accurate review here. But I love the postcard idea too! So, I will probably be doing both! Good thing I like to write.

p.s. Are pens readily available for free like they are in hotels? Cause I am always losing mine.

Archived